Levy / ENIC

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Agree, and how was he "mocking" anything? They asked him a question and he answered it.
I've become desensitised to journos talking shite, so I didn't dwell on the headline. But yes, he was just making a few fair statements.

I also think we might see a slew of footballers (present and retired) posting for bankruptcy. I've heard that the Rangers EBT style of hiding money was not uncommon across the Scottish and English game. Watch this space

Agree, and how was he "mocking" anything? They asked him a question and he answered it.
He's wrong . Chavs , City, Everton have unlimited funds . There owners are not going away. To them it's chicken feed .
Sounds the little man is sour as he's happy taken an over inflated price but won't dish it out .
His moral stance has little currency with the media or the club's who win things.

He's wrong . Chavs , City, Everton have unlimited funds . There owners are not going away. To them it's chicken feed .
Sounds the little man is sour as he's happy taken an over inflated price but won't dish it out .
His moral stance has little currency with the media or the club's who win things.
Levy's achievements at Spurs have been more impressive than those at clubs of profligacy.

Rangers had a rich owner capable of ploughing money into the club. Circumstances changed. Now they are fucked because their model was unsustainable.

You don't know what the future holds for the owners of Man City.

Levy's achievements at Spurs have been more impressive than those at clubs of profligacy.

Rangers had a rich owner capable of ploughing money into the club. Circumstances changed. Now they are fucked because their model was unsustainable.

No we don't. But I would bet that they're a fair way from skid row. I wish nothing but misfortune & scandal on the lot of them, don't get me wrong. But they have very deep pockets. Nasty bunch of cunts

Everton really don't - their owners estimated total wealth is c. £1.2bn

Most of that will be the paper value of businesses and property, he's a relative pauper if he's expected to fund the type of investment that City and Chelsea have had.

I think the question was about the inflation of fees and wages ... can they basically go on doubling every couple of years? In other words, will we be talking about £90 million for a player like Sigurdsson 5 years from now? I think that is what he said was unsustainable.

Interestingly, Levy was a director at Rangers when ENIC owned a quarter or so of it.

(Just adding for a tedious link)

Everton really don't - their owners estimated total wealth is c. £1.2bn

Most of that will be the paper value of businesses and property, he's a relative pauper if he's expected to fund the type of investment that City and Chelsea have had.
Did they not get a loan on next years money from China - doesn't sound to me like unlimited wealth.

No fan here or anywhere has ever celebrated 'balancing the books'. What matters, or should matter to a fan, is having the feeling that you didn't just buy an easy trophy with ill-gotten money, that you actually overcame a great challenge and earnt your reward.
It's the difference of using a cheat code in a video game to beat the boss versus the feeling of satisfaction when you beat it the hard way. When all is said and done, football is a game, not life or death. So winning at any cost is an empty pointless pursuit if it's not preceded by a fittingly glorious journey of ups and downs, and the joy of seeing the game played in an entertaining and inspiring manner.

That's what I think anyway.

Football is like a religion. As long as the believers are willing to pay the asking price (which they are) the elites will never go bust, unless there's a global collapse. The real question is how this affects the soul of the game. I may be partisan, but I genuinely don't get why people 'support' manu/city, chelsea, liverpool, arse. If spurs line up to join them, my interest will diminish unfortunately.

Last edited:
Levy = stability and progression at the moment. He is sending a clear message that we will not buy our silver with mercenaries who don't play for the shirt. I am on board with that as a fan and it will make our future silver wins all the better to savour!

Ignore Carlito. He spent last Summer spouting on about how proud he was that Levy spunked 30m on Sissoko.

"Speculate to accumulate" he kept saying.

But Conte, who led Chelsea to the title last season, added: "If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Woolwich, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand this. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or try to win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

To stuff that statement up your arse, currently, I would imagine.

But Conte, who led Chelsea to the title last season, added: "If [Spurs] don't win the title, it's not a tragedy.

"If they don't arrive in the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out in the first round of the Champions League, it's not a tragedy. If they go out after the first game that they play in the Europa League and go down against Gent, it's not a tragedy.

"Maybe for Chelsea, Woolwich, Manchester City, Manchester United and - I don't know - Liverpool, it is a tragedy. You must understand this. You must understand the status of the team.

"Every team has to understand what their ambitions are. If their ambitions are to fight for the title or try to win the Champions League, you must buy expensive players. Otherwise you continue to stay in your level. It's simple."

"My question is this: What are Tottenham's expectations?"

To stuff that statement up your arse, currently, I would imagine.
Cunty can't stop talking about us. He and the whole club have become obsessed about us. He wasn't even asked about us, he was asked about Chelsea youth and felt so insecure about not playing them he immediately started to talk about us. I recall thier DoF doing exactly the same thing again last year.

When they go to bed at night they think about us. We got these cunts rattled.

Back
Top Bottom