Let's compare all the Spurs teams that finshed 4th and 5th

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The annoying thing about the last couple of seasons is that the number of times we dropped silly points at crucial points of the season - every time the difference between us making CL was one or two points. The consequence of that is we lost key players - Carrick, Berbatoss, Ratface, and probably Bale.

The annoying thing about the last couple of seasons is that the number of times we dropped silly points at crucial points of the season - every time the difference between us making CL was one or two points. The consequence of that is we lost key players - Carrick, Berbatoss, Ratface, and probably Bale.
Not sure why you (of all posters) would be so derogatory about Berbatov and Modric - I'm as pissed off as any Spurs fan about the fact that we lost them - as well as the manner and conduct of their departure

But as a club and a footballing side, we were blessed to have them both for their all too brief time with us.
Carrick might have been less disruptive as a person, but he was probably more destructive by virtue of the gap he left.

Completely disagree that Dawson is behind Kaboul. Dawson is our best defender and captain, how can you leave him out?

So can't really go any further. Oh except I disagree with putting Sandro in too, he's been out way too long to make that assumption, However, that one doesn't upset me and can live with that, but I think it's wrong :)

Also disagree about Hudd being part of the 22, I hope he's not anyway, may be wrong on that one. But he really has gone backwards IMHO.

Are you dawsons dad or something mate?

Not sure why you (of all posters) would be so derogatory about Berbatov and Modric - I'm as pissed off as any Spurs fan about the fact that we lost them - as well as the manner and conduct of their departure

But as a club and a footballing side, we were blessed to have them both for their all too brief time with us.
Carrick might have been less disruptive as a person, but he was probably more destructive by virtue of the gap he left.

I'm afraid that I support Spurs with my heart, not my head, like most Spurs supporters, and when any player wants to leave us, I take it very personally. So I tend to forget the pleasure they gave us, and only think of what might have been if they had stayed. Totally agree with you about Carrick by the way.
PS - I still haven't forgiven Klinsmann for leaving us in the lurch the first time round!!

I'm afraid that I support Spurs with my heart, not my head, like most Spurs supporters, and when any player wants to leave us, I take it very personally. So I tend to forget the pleasure they gave us, and only think of what might have been if they had stayed. Totally agree with you about Carrick by the way.
PS - I still haven't forgiven Klinsmann for leaving us in the lurch the first time round!!
mmm - but think of the positives, he gave us a big leg up on both of his visits...... too much of the acrimony is sugar coated

Back
Top Bottom