Leicester (H) 29-Oct

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still quietest away fans for a while, more like Orient than United away fans. Worst I have seen the home fans for a while as well; seemed like everyone was hungover for some reason.

We seem to be the most unluckiest of all teams in the Premier League.

I know what you mean, it does seem like some how we have fucked over the footballing gods, we never seem to get that bit of luck! Maybe we are saving up all our luck for the 2nd half of the season?

:vdvhmm:

Need Eriksen to get back to his old self in terms of scoring - we know he can get goals but he seems to be off in terms of his timing. He has three or four opportunities today that you would expect at least one of them to go in. Same with his free kick taking.

We can't rely on our front man to get all the goals so the three behind need to step up as well.

I think Eriksen has scored something like 24 in 110 games and Lamela something like 11 in 84 games, with Dele netting 13 from 41 games . Therein lies the problem that we face, little support in goal scoring from midfield. Our three main midfield trio are scoring just one in five games, hardly setting the World on fire.

I think that Poch might as well go shit or bust and try to incorporate GKN and Son, because what is evident is that the team he puts out week in week out just does not have enough goals in it.

I've just watch highlights would say we were pedestrian at times not so sharp or slick as last season! But you could argue with no Kane up front Janssen's not that type of player play has slowed down! plus teams have sussed how to play us and we don't have a plan b if things don't go our way unfortunately , but in saying that we are still creating chances so it's not all lost so get Harry back and Vincent settles we hopefully be fine?

This is what I have been trying to tell the Eriksen fan boys here.
He is quite simply NOT SUITED to the EPL. But their ignorance is firmly entrenched.

Agreed, he had almost three seasons worth of games in a Spurs shirt and i have yet to see him put on a MOM performance against any PL side.

He was however fucking stella against Gillingham...............

Not sure much of that made sense.

I'm certainly going to moan when we have been so poor over the past few games. If you want to sit and pretend everything is fine and we are playing well, good for you. I just don't agree that anyone on here wants us to fuck up so they can look good on a fucking forum by saying "I told you so".

You're doing a brilliant job of proving yourself wrong. "I'm certainly going to moan when we have been so poor".You sound like another entitled twat from Surrey. Stop moaning like a cunt, and show some fucking support. It's really all about you isn't it?

Who is the one trying to look good on a forum? Fucking yikes.

We were only really being talked up as challengers because Sky needed to hype something as there was very little going on at the end of the season to do with league places, and also there was the collective disbelief that Leicester could actually win the Premier League (although us winning it would have been pretty unexpected as well) so the race was always made out to be a lot closer than it would have been if we'd been chasing say Man City.

Must admit I bought in to the fairytale at the time too and was very disappointed at the end of the season, but now months later I can see it wasn't really in our hands.
You're right, it was never likely. The one point I thought we had a chance was when Leicester were playing West Ham at home, and suddenly West Ham scored twice. Leicester ended up drawing but they looked a bit nervy and the same weekend we played Stoke away and thrashed them. We needed Leicester to wobble in their home games with the pressure on but next weekend Swansea might as well have forfeited the game such was their apparent happiness for Leicester to be champions. From then on it was near impossible, especially with Leicester having chavs away last game.

At least Spurs dropping points saved us the nightmare of John Terry et al letting Leicester win the game and the league, roared on by the home fans.

Back
Top Bottom