Leicester (h) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think it's unfair to compliment Leicester's tactics when the referee is helping them get numerous free kicks to break up any challenges from Spurs players, yet allow them to tackle strongly.
Having the ref in your pocket is a MASSIVE lift and an unfair advantage to any team.
I give all the credit to the Tottenham players who are subjected to this type of officiating far too often to be a coincidence, while Woolwich, Chelsea and Liverpool enjoy all the help these lesser quality teams need to gain points.

I've been consistently saying it, showed you accumulative stats to back it up and now, just told you to go take a look at it as it was mentioned on MOTD2 I don't write, I don't put together flowcharts and diagrams, so I have to wait until someone else does, but hey his assists stats, his assists stats, his assists, stats his assists stats, his assists stats, his assists stats............

When was his last assist by the way, this prolific attacking threat of ours?

It's not just his assist stats though is it. It's his chances created, it's the amount of ball he sees, the number of passes he makes, it's the quality of passes/chances he makes - which is why he has higher assist rates than everyone in our team bar one. The reason he exceeded Walker's productivity in a third of the time in 15/16.

You have never showed any accumulative stats, I showed you stats for a whole season which proved we conceded more chances down our left side in 17/18. You ignored it.

If any more invalidation of your argument was needed, this laughable statement says it all. He's been a fucking joke for most of his time here and at PSG - why do you think they wanted shot of him despite not having a WC alternative. Possibly the first footballer under Poch to be so bad he's been subbed at half time, and that was two weeks ago, after being here two years.

It was idiotic to buy him when we KWP already here.

It's moronic to blame Trippier for them having as much time and space as they did to play those balls through/behind us yesterday. They also did it to Sissoko and Rose and both our CB's. We are supposed to pressurise their FB's and midfield into coughing up the ball and making poor passes, our attackers and midfield, especially the right side didn't do this. I blamed Trippier for being poorly positioned for the first time Tielemans played Brooks in, but you can't blame him any more than you can Sissoko, Rose and the CB's for the other instances, they just had positional overloads that made balls inside our players easy. That is not the fault of the schmuck who gets played past, that's the fault of those around and ahead of them letting that situation develop or them just playing good football - both in many cases.

This is a daft as this silly bollocks you and others spout about him getting caught "out of position upfield and not having the pace to get back" ignoring that no player can be in two places at once, or blaming his crosses for being the only way "we lose the ball upfield allowing opposition to counter". Rose gives the ball away more than Trippier. He's also a pretty shit defender and always has been, continually standing off opponents and allowing players to get balls into out box.

Leicester outsmarted and outplayed us yesterday. That was not down to Trippier. They had Ndidi mopping up and stifling Eriksen, and as a result he saw 40% less of the ball than he usually averages. They also had Maddison and Tielemans who are comfortable getting on the ball and picking passes, where we had Skip and fucking Sissoko who didn't (Skipp) aren't (Sissoko). Sissoko is supposed to prevent a to of what went on right side, but he's shit at pressing and is a terrible reader of the game, trundles about like a turtle in a fucking windsock and also doesn't want the ball under pressure because his technique is so bad.

Their RB, who many rate, also made a mistake which gave us a goal. Irony.

I'll be delighted when we upgrade Trippier, I just don't really see who that's going to be. I'd love to see KWP get games, been saying that for 4 years. But there aren't too many RB's available to us out there right now who are a sure thing in terms of an all round package, great offensively, which is vital to Poch's ethos, and great defensively.

That is the bottom line.
Go to Tripps thread, been said a thousand times. He's our weak link, he's targeted by the oppo in every game he plays. If you can't see this then you blind as a fucking bat.

Don't waste my time on this tedious shite.

I completely acknowledge we have issues in midfield, I've consistently attested to this with numerous other posts. But of course, you are focusing on a whole lot of other stuff to deflect from the statement that you wrote about him "NOT, being targeted". He clearly WAS, MOTD2 spoke about it, the fact 47% of their build-up came down their left proves that he was.

THIS IS WHAT I POSTED, stop trying to deflect away from my post and the point of it.

Do you still stand by your statement knowing now where they built their attacks from?

It's not just his assist stats though is it. It's his chances created, it's the amount of ball he sees, the number of passes he makes, it's the quality of passes/chances he makes - which is why he has higher assist rates than everyone in our team bar one. The reason he exceeded Walker's productivity in a third of the time in 15/16.

You have never showed any accumulative stats, I showed you stats for a whole season which proved we conceded more chances down our left side in 17/18. You ignored it.
He has the lowest pass completion rate in the entire side!!

He was targeted by the oppo yesterday, you said he wasn't.

tenor.gif

Lloris - 9 One of his best performances at the club.
Trippier - 5 weakest link, he's lucky Barnes didn't have his shooting boots
Sanchez - 5 meh
Verts - 6 not his best game
Rose - 7 had a good game, he could've defended that cross from Pereira
Winks - 5 defensive suspect, pretty useless when the team has no possession
Sissoko - 8 great game, both him and Llloris deserve MotM for me.
Eriksen - 8 great goal and assist, was completely invisible at times
Skipp - 5 meh
Son - 8 turned up when he was needed the most
Llorente - 6 only useful when the opposition is parking the bus

Wanyama - 5 made no impact
Alderweireld - see Wanyama
KWP - see Wanyama

Go to Tripps thread, been said a thousand times. He's our weak link, he's targeted by the oppo in every game he plays. If you can't see this then you blind as a fucking bat.

Don't waste my time on this tedious shite.

I completely acknowledge we have issues in midfield, I've consistently attested to this with numerous other posts. But of course, you are focusing on a whole lot of other stuff to deflect from the statement that you wrote about him "NOT, being targeted". He clearly WAS, MOTD2 spoke about it, the fact 47% of their build-up came down their left proves that he was.

THIS IS WHAT I POSTED, stop trying to deflect away from my post and the point of it.

Do you still stand by your statement knowing now where they built their attacks from?

Because MOTD2 show a graphic showing Leicester played 47% down our right side doesn't prove "Trippier" per se was specifically targeted. It may well be that they are often biased to that side. It may well be that we were weaker down that side because of other players too. Or it could be that because we played more down our righting this game, it left more space down that side. Or Son and Sissoko did a shit job.

This bollocks - "he's targeted by the opposition every time he plays" is laughable.

Nearly all teams target other team flanks. That's just the demographic of attacking. Rashford, who scored a goal on our left channel, by exploiting the way we push both full backs up actually said as much.

I have proven to you that during a whole season, we conceded more chances down our left side, so do you still maintain Trippier is personally targeted every game?

Does that mean teams are failing with their targeting or Trippier is just a world class defender?

It's amazing how different your own fans can see the game differently.

How can anyone rate Sanchez worse than Vertonghen? How on earth was Sissoko better than Winks? Despite the goal, Son really wasn't anything special but that's more down to the fact Leicester had 2 or 3 people on him at all times.

Strange. But opinions and all that. Then again, apparently we were lucky to win to some despite a totally inept refereeing performance, a blatant penalty turned down and a soft penalty given against us.

Last edited:
Then again, apparently we were lucky to win to some.
This narrative is all over the place, the media, our fans, even vaguely hinted at by our players. How good Leicester were, how they deserved to win, I just don't get it.

I thought we were the better team overall and took our chances well. They didn't, and were ridiculously favoured by the referee.

Really glad you said that, I thought I was the only one. They played well, better than a lot of visitors, but the cooing about their performance seems way, way over the top.

The world's reverted to Fairytale Mode Totti!

Because MOTD2 show a graphic showing Leicester played 47% down our right side doesn't prove "Trippier" per se was specifically targeted. It may well be that they are often biased to that side. It may well be that we were weaker down that side because of other players too. Or it could be that because we played more down our righting this game, it left more space down that side. Or Son and Sissoko did a shit job.

This bollocks - "he's targeted by the opposition every time he plays" is laughable.

Nearly all teams target other team flanks. That's just the demographic of attacking. Rashford, who scored a goal on our left channel, by exploiting the way we push both full backs up actually said as much.

I have proven to you that during a whole season, we conceded more chances down our left side, so do you still maintain Trippier is personally targeted every game?

Does that mean teams are failing with their targeting or Trippier is just a world class defender?
It fucking does. They did more than show a graphic they highlighted this as a specific piece of analysis, showed replays. But of course, this didn't happen in your World. In your World "he wasn't targeted".

Of course, teams have to have a fucking plan and chose who to target. Foyth, for example, has been that target when he's played, and who can blame the oppo for doing that (focus on the young lad who's probably shitting himself) but Foyth has been excellent and stood up to being targeted. Tripps is routinely targeted because he's shit. A team has a choice who to target, Leicester had the choice yesterday, they choose Tripps, (their bias was to attack both flanks actually, approx 70% of their build-up was down the flanks, clearly a plan but nearly half was focused on Tripps........because he's shit.

Utd barely attacked us, it was hardly a full out focused plan, but I guess you are saying that it was an OGS masterclass concede 21 shots on his goal (11 on target) as part of his pre-match plans to win him the game.

It fucking does. They did more than show a graphic they highlighted this as a specific piece of analysis, showed replays. But of course, this didn't happen in your World. In your World "he wasn't targeted".

Of course, teams have to have a fucking plan and chose who to target. Foyth, for example, has been that target when he's played, and who can blame the oppo for doing that (focus on the young lad who's probably shitting himself) but Foyth has been excellent and stood up to being targeted. Tripps is routinely targeted because he's shit. A team has a choice who to target, Leicester had the choice yesterday, they choose Tripps, (their bias was to attack both flanks actually, approx 70% of their build-up was down the flanks, clearly a plan but nearly half was focused on Tripps........because he's shit.

Utd barely attacked us, it was hardly a full out focused plan, but I guess you are saying that it was an OGS masterclass concede 21 shots on his goal (11 on target) as part of his pre-match plans to win him the game.

His attacking metrics - that’s stuff that he actually does - are amongst the best in Europe for a RB.

You find us a RB - that we can realistically get - that will match them and be a great defender too and I’ll get cretinousgoat cretinousgoat to suck you off.

Holy fuck. You watch football around the clock but you can't think of someone who might be an upgrade on Trippier?

If only it were that simple. Full backs - the way we play - are so multi faceted, they are defenders, midfielders and attackers. I think there are incredibly few RB's that do all of those immaculately, and even fewer that are a guaranteed improvement in all aspects, that are available to us.

Why do you think ManU with all their resources have had Valencia and currently have Ashley fucking Young, Chelsea won the league with Moses and now have Azpelecueta (who's definitely better defensively, but not offensively), ManC paid 50m for Walker and recently dropped him because he's been culpable in half the points they've dropped this season (and in the CL) and I'm not the only one that thinks Walker's flawed (BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand brands Kyle Walker a ‘liability at the top level’). But they can't drop him for long because Danilo - the other RB one of the richest club's in Europe bought for 30m - isn't up to much either.

Bellerin at Woolwich - decent but like Trippier, hardly perfect. Liverpool had Clyne and now have a kid (two) they are bringing through (TAA), who's good, but still making defensive mistakes because he's learning, and isn't producing the same offensive output as Trippier.

People talk about Periera, and he's definitely very good going forward, but defensively he's not perfect, made a mistake for one of our goals yesterday, and has cost Leicester other goals with sloppy passing in his own half, and was so iffy defensively in France that Nice played him mostly as a ARM. And what would Leicester want for him after paying 25m for him a few months ago?

Doherty at Wolves seems OK, but they play a much more pragmatic brand of football, would he look as good playing 30 yards further up the pitch with a high line behind him. Trippier averages 58 passes a game at 78%, Doherty, even in Wolves pragmatic system averages 38 at 72%. And he's 27, so one decent injury away from his career being on the downward slope.

Then look at the rest of the league??

There's some kids dotted about, like Atal (who took Pereirra's place at Nice, but again he's only played 7 months of Ligue 1 football, entirely as a WB, so who knows how he'd fair in our system in this league?

WB at Palace looks promising, and you know I think KWP has the potential to be better than Trippier, Aurier and Walker. But that's potential, not battle ready, instant upgrade.

Others may have other prospects they've seen in Spain etc.

If we hadn't wasted 45m in fee and wages on Aurier and just given KWP that game time to develop (lets face it, Aurier's been like a 18yo developing anyway) we might have a solution by now that would have cost us fuck all and peanuts in wages.

If only it were that simple. Full backs - the way we play - are so multi faceted, they are defenders, midfielders and attackers. I think there are incredibly few RB's that do all of those immaculately, and even fewer that are a guaranteed improvement in all aspects, that are available to us.

Why do you think ManU with all their resources have had Valencia and currently have Ashley fucking Young, Chelsea won the league with Moses and now have Azpelecueta (who's definitely better defensively, but not offensively), ManC paid 50m for Walker and recently dropped him because he's been culpable in half the points they've dropped this season (and in the CL) and I'm not the only one that thinks Walker's flawed (BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand brands Kyle Walker a ‘liability at the top level’). But they can't drop him for long because Danilo - the other RB one of the richest club's in Europe bought for 30m - isn't up to much either.

Bellerin at Woolwich - decent but like Trippier, hardly perfect. Liverpool had Clyne and now have a kid (two) they are bringing through (TAA), who's good, but still making defensive mistakes because he's learning, and isn't producing the same offensive output as Trippier.

People talk about Periera, and he's definitely very good going forward, but defensively he's not perfect, made a mistake for one of our goals yesterday, and has cost Leicester other goals with sloppy passing in his own half, and was so iffy defensively in France that Nice played him mostly as a ARM. And what would Leicester want for him after paying 25m for him a few months ago?

Doherty at Wolves seems OK, but they play a much more pragmatic brand of football, would he look as good playing 30 yards further up the pitch with a high line behind him. Trippier averages 58 passes a game at 78%, Doherty, even in Wolves pragmatic system averages 38 at 72%. And he's 27, so one decent injury away from his career being on the downward slope.

Then look at the rest of the league??

There's some kids dotted about, like Atal (who took Pereirra's place at Nice, but again he's only played 7 months of Ligue 1 football, entirely as a WB, so who knows how he'd fair in our system in this league?

WB at Palace looks promising, and you know I think KWP has the potential to be better than Trippier, Aurier and Walker. But that's potential, not battle ready, instant upgrade.

Others may have other prospects they've seen in Spain etc.

If we hadn't wasted 45m in fee and wages on Aurier and just given KWP that game time to develop (lets face it, Aurier's been like a 18yo developing anyway) we might have a solution by now that would have cost us fuck all and peanuts in wages.
I hope Sissoko is with us long enough to get a testimonial match. It is the very least you deserve.

Back
Top Bottom