Leicester (h) 18/19 ratings

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It fucking does. They did more than show a graphic they highlighted this as a specific piece of analysis, showed replays. But of course, this didn't happen in your World. In your World "he wasn't targeted".

Of course, teams have to have a fucking plan and chose who to target. Foyth, for example, has been that target when he's played, and who can blame the oppo for doing that (focus on the young lad who's probably shitting himself) but Foyth has been excellent and stood up to being targeted. Tripps is routinely targeted because he's shit. A team has a choice who to target, Leicester had the choice yesterday, they choose Tripps, (their bias was to attack both flanks actually, approx 70% of their build-up was down the flanks, clearly a plan but nearly half was focused on Tripps........because he's shit.

Utd barely attacked us, it was hardly a full out focused plan, but I guess you are saying that it was an OGS masterclass concede 21 shots on his goal (11 on target) as part of his pre-match plans to win him the game.

You're just wrong and here's why ....

When Spurs had Bale we attacked down our left side 60% of the time, was that because every team we played had a weak right back?

Ronaldo when playing wide left dominated possession for RM, didn't matter who they were playing or who the FB was ...

with Ryan Giggs for a decade most of Utd's attacking play came down one side ... didn't matter who was the fullback.

Ribery at Bayern, Walnut at Woolwich (even though he was clueless), Robben at Bayern ... when these guys play the vast majority of the attack goes through them ... that's just the way it works with good players

You're just wrong and here's why ....

When Spurs had Bale we attacked down our left side 60% of the time, was that because every team we played had a weak right back?

Ronaldo when playing wide left dominated possession for RM, didn't matter who they were playing or who the FB was ...

with Ryan Giggs for a decade most of Utd's attacking play came down one side ... didn't matter who was the fullback.

Ribery at Bayern, Walnut at Woolwich (even though he was clueless), Robben at Bayern ... when these guys play the vast majority of the attack goes through them ... that's just the way it works with good players
Completely disagree with this even your examples you give don’t back up what you are saying, with Bayern there was also Ribery on the opposite wing and Müller and lewandowski through the middle.

Ronaldo’s peak wing days had Benzima, Kaka, Ozil, Di María, Higuiane in the same team, this doesn’t even mention the FB’s of Contrau & Marcelo also overlapping.

With Bale bar a handful of games (most noteably against Inter) he never dominated a flank, yes made probably one maybe 2 runs behind per game but people’s memory certainly affected by that Inter game as if he played like that every game. For the years after that he played across the front three.

Giggs was an out and out winger, old school chalk on boots wide player but Utd still would counter through Cole, Yorke, Rooney, Beckham, Cantona.

Every team will have a plan, a weakness in the oppo they look to exploit, its when that weakness is targeted every week it’s painful to watch. Our FB positions will always be an area for the opo to get behind because we push them up, I’m absolutely fine with this, we on the whole defend these situations well, especially when we are forcing the oppo to play long balls to this area, as we regain with regularity. But with Tripp’s playing we do not defend this channel at all well, as there is no recovery run from him, even when he’s there he’s played around easily and even when we have the ball he concedes possession at will with his fucking aimless crosses, which only magnifies the situation further.

This topic will be discussed again and again when Tripp’s plays. The oppo will still look to go down our other flank, yet whether it is Rose or Davies playing there bar an odd poor individual performance this topic simply doesn’t occur as frequently as it does when Frodo plays. I wonder why???

Completely disagree with this even your examples you give don’t back up what you are saying, with Bayern there was also Ribery on the opposite wing and Müller and lewandowski through the middle.

Ronaldo’s peak wing days had Benzima, Kaka, Ozil, Di María, Higuiane in the same team, this doesn’t even mention the FB’s of Contrau & Marcelo also overlapping.

With Bale bar a handful of games (most noteably against Inter) he never dominated a flank, yes made probably one maybe 2 runs behind per game but people’s memory certainly affected by that Inter game as if he played like that every game. For the years after that he played across the front three.

Giggs was an out and out winger, old school chalk on boots wide player but Utd still would counter through Cole, Yorke, Rooney, Beckham, Cantona.

Every team will have a plan, a weakness in the oppo they look to exploit, its when that weakness is targeted every week it’s painful to watch. Our FB positions will always be an area for the opo to get behind because we push them up, I’m absolutely fine with this, we on the whole defend these situations well, especially when we are forcing the oppo to play long balls to this area, as we regain with regularity. But with Tripp’s playing we do not defend this channel at all well, as there is no recovery run from him, even when he’s there he’s played around easily and even when we have the ball he concedes possession at will with his fucking aimless crosses, which only magnifies the situation further.

This topic will be discussed again and again when Tripp’s plays. The oppo will still look to go down our other flank, yet whether it is Rose or Davies playing there bar an odd poor individual performance this topic simply doesn’t occur as frequently as it does when Frodo plays. I wonder why???

I wonder why too, seeing as how i’ve Already proved your bollocks theory that Trippier is “targeted every game he plays” to be completely bullshit:

lm71BOA.jpg

Seems like our opponents spent the whole of last season trying to avoid Trippier and targeting Rose/Davies?

I wonder why too, seeing as how i’ve Already proved your bollocks theory that Trippier is “targeted every game he plays” to be completely bullshit:

lm71BOA.jpg

Seems like our opponents spent the whole of last season trying to avoid Trippier and targeting Rose/Davies?
Fuck me, he played in 55% of those games, just over half (21 games out of 38). You've proved absolutely fuck all, you can't be that stupid, surely not?

Fuck me, he played in 55% of those games, just over half (21 games out of 38). You've proved absolutely fuck all, you can't be that stupid, surely not?

Even if Trippier only played 55%, there should still be a bias to our right not our left, even if slight. You do know that 55% is bigger than 45%, yes? And that's assuming that they decided the defensive quality of Aurier (LOL) would be worth changing their initial game plan to target Trippier's side also. Unlikely.

If you are standing by your MOTD2 bar graph theory, then this proper metric of actual events (not just a vague "ball went more down this side of the pitch" MOTD bollocks - which could mean it got to halfway and no further for example) means you have to accept that our left was being targeted far more often than our right, suggesting - by your methodology - opposition saw Davies/Rose as more vulnerable.

Or you could just accept your bollocks theory that Trippier is targeted every time he plays because he's the worst rb the world has ever seen is just a bit silly. Teams attack down flanks and the inside channels of those flanks. We push FB's up, especially Trippier. It is always going to be a vulnerable area, for most teams, especially one tactically set up like us. The fact that Trippier creates second most chances and has the best offensive production of any RB in this league over the last three seasons, suggests there's a payoff trade that Poch is happy to make.

Even if Trippier only played 55%, there should still be a bias to our right not our left, even if slight. You do know that 55% is bigger than 45%, yes? And that's assuming that they decided the defensive quality of Aurier (LOL) would be worth changing their initial game plan to target Trippier's side also. Unlikely.

If you are standing by your MOTD2 bar graph theory, then this proper metric of actual events (not just a vague "ball went more down this side of the pitch" MOTD bollocks - which could mean it got to halfway and no further for example) means you have to accept that our left was being targeted far more often than our right, suggesting - by your methodology - opposition saw Davies/Rose as more vulnerable.

Or you could just accept your bollocks theory that Trippier is targeted every time he plays because he's the worst rb the world has ever seen is just a bit silly. Teams attack down flanks and the inside channels of those flanks. We push FB's up, especially Trippier. It is always going to be a vulnerable area, for most teams, especially one tactically set up like us. The fact that Trippier creates second most chances and has the best offensive production of any RB in this league over the last three seasons, suggests there's a payoff trade that Poch is happy to make.
Please take your head out of your arse. It could mean that 100% of those 21 games that Tripps played we are targeted down our right. You are making it up, stop making shit up. Open your eyes and just watch what happens in our games and stop embarrassing yourself.

You haven't even watched MOTD yet, have you? Until you do best stop quoting it.

Please take your head out of your arse. It could mean that 100% of those 21 games that Tripps played we are targeted down our right. You are making it up, stop making shit up. Open your eyes and just watch what happens in our games and stop embarrassing yourself.

You haven't even watched MOTD yet, have you? Until you do best stop quoting it.

You are making a tit of yourself. I'm showing you real events over the course of a whole season. You are the one making up "Trippier is targeted every game he plays" - unless you've been in every opposition dressing room when he's played, which of course you haven't, it's just like all the other bollocks you claim as if it's fact (like it's Trippier's fault when he's not in two places at once, or when Messi plays an outstanding pass, or Foyth gives away a penalty).

If they 100% targeted our right side for those 21 games then either it should show a clear bias to the right, because even if they just targeted our left 100% the other 18 games, that's still less games, that's not even factoring in that just by normal game play they'd attack the right even when Trippier's not there which would add to his (Bullshit Guido claim) 100% x 21.

Either that or it means that they did target Trippier but he's such a great defender that teams still managed to make more key passes on our left, from less attempts.

You chose. Your theory's bollocks, or Trippier's a great defender?

You are making a tit of yourself. I'm showing you real events over the course of a whole season. You are the one making up "Trippier is targeted every game he plays" - unless you've been in every opposition dressing room when he's played, which of course you haven't, it's just like all the other bollocks you claim as if it's fact (like it's Trippier's fault when he's not in two places at once, or when Messi plays an outstanding pass, or Foyth gives away a penalty).

If they 100% targeted our right side for those 21 games then either it should show a clear bias to the right, because even if they just targeted our left 100% the other 18 games, that's still less games, that's not even factoring in that just by normal game play they'd attack the right even when Trippier's not there which would add to his (Bullshit Guido claim) 100% x 21.

Either that or it means that they did target Trippier but he's such a great defender that teams still managed to make more key passes on our left, from less attempts.

You chose. Your theory's bollocks, or Trippier's a great defender?
So you really are dense. Why can't you grasp it? What you posted was events aggregated over an entire season, that's all you have done. Tripps played and therefore contributed to just over half of that period, it is therefore completely possible that during his games that he is the sole reason why any attacks were registered on his flank, no one including me should use that data to state anything specific, because it's not specific. It's data that includes that position occupied by another player(s) for nearly half of that period, it's an utterly pointless piece of data. (it's as relevant as tacking entire seasons worth of attacking data and trying to tell me that Janssen is good because of it).

I have however provided data on games that Tripps has played, making it entirely relevant and actionable to the topic.

Everyone else who has eyes in their head is now seeing just how shit he is this season, including those that thought he was remotely good the previous season. You don't need data to understand this, all that's required is a pair of eyes. See now how often his thread lights up following yet another calamitous performance (and I might add with little contribution from me nowadays, I did all that last season, it's all par for the course now).

Now post something relevant and about him and only him. Give us this defensive data of a footballing genius.

He's shite.

It's data that includes that position occupied by another player(s) for nearly half of that period, it's an utterly pointless piece of data.

Everyone else who has eyes in their head is now seeing just how shit he is this season.

Now post something relevant and about him and only him. Give us this defensive data of a footballing genius.
He's shite.

Says the bloke that posted an infograph from MOTD, from one match, which related to a side of a whole pitch and tried to claim it purely relating to one player.

And the really funny thing is, a few months ago you posted (or you commented) the same format diagram by stats bomb, but for the first 8 games of this season, which a slight right bias, as proof of your theory (despite Trippier only playing a similar percentage of those games too). How exactly the same map supported your theory when it was right biased for 8 games, but not for a whole season when I post it? Strange?

When you say everyone, you mean a handful of herberts on the internet, many of whom are also trying to convince us that Aurier is a better option and Sissoko is good at football.

I’ve given you plenty of specific individual performance data that relates to Trippier, but conveniently for your narrative, it apparently “doesn’t count”. What takes priority over actual facts is your bullshit inside knowledge of every PL teams tactical game plan and a bunch of clucking fuckwit lemmings on a football forum.

I’ve always acknowledged he’s got flaws, but I’m also realistic enough to be able to weigh up that in a world where the richest club in the world have Ashley fucking Young as a RB, world class alternatives aren’t in plentiful supply.

And anyone daft enough to think Aurier is an upgrade, doesn’t have the same grasp on realism.

Last edited:
Says the bloke that posted an infograph from MOTD, from one match, which related to a side of a whole pitch and tried to claim it purely relating to one player.

And the really funny thing is, a few months ago you posted (or you commented) the same format diagram by stats bomb, but for the first 8 games of this season, which a slight right bias, as proof of your theory (despite Trippier only playing a similar percentage of those games too). How exactly the same map supported your theory when it was right biased for 8 games, but not for a whole season when I post it? Strange?

When you say everyone, you mean a handful of herberts on the internet, many of whom are also trying to convince us that Aurier is a better option and Sissoko is good at football.

I’ve given you plenty of specific individual performance data that relates to Trippier, but conveniently for your narrative, it apparently “doesn’t count”. What takes priority over actual facts is your bullshit inside knowledge of every PL teams tactical game plan and a bunch of clucking fuckwit lemmings on a football forum.

I’ve always acknowledged he’s got flaws, but I’m also realistic enough to be able to weigh up that in a world where the richest club in the world have Ashley fucking Young as a RB, world class alternatives aren’t in plentiful supply.

And anyone daft enough to think Aurier is an upgrade, doesn’t have the same grasp on realism.
Here we go.

I didn't post an infographic from MOTD2, I referenced it, I brought it to your attention, why? Because it fucking showed they targeted him, their end of game analysis focused on this very point, they made it a postmatch specific issue to talk about, with clips!!! I made reference to it because in black and white in your match summary you said: "he WASN'T targeted"!!!!! This is highly fucking relevant because we are talking about ONE game, you, me and MOTD2 are talking about THIS GAME, THE LEICESTER GAME. And because of this is destroys anything you have to say about him, it confirms conclusively you've missed what everyone else can see.

Anyway, seeing as how assist stats is your thing, I'm just going to pop onto a stato website and stare at Aurier's numbers; his 3rd assist of the season from only 819mins (an assist every 273mins)...Oh! might have a cheeky wank over his two goals too this season. Whilst I'm there I'll no doubt cast an eye over Frodo's numbers and I might notice that his return is half that of Aurier's (in both goals and assists)........When all you care about to judge a player is shit stats and those shit stats say Auier has twice the output of Tripps, then you know you're fucked.
giphy.gif

Here we go.

I didn't post an infographic from MOTD2, I referenced it, I brought it to your attention, why? Because it fucking showed they targeted him, their end of game analysis focused on this very point, they made it a postmatch specific issue to talk about, with clips!!! I made reference to it because in black and white in your match summary you said: "he WASN'T targeted"!!!!! This is highly fucking relevant because we are talking about ONE game, you, me and MOTD2 are talking about THIS GAME, THE LEICESTER GAME. And because of this is destroys anything you have to say about him, it confirms conclusively you've missed what everyone else can see.

Anyway, seeing as how assist stats is your thing, I'm just going to pop onto a stato website and stare at Aurier's numbers; his 3rd assist of the season from only 819mins (an assist every 273mins)...Oh! might have a cheeky wank over his two goals too this season. Whilst I'm there I'll no doubt cast an eye over Frodo's numbers and I might notice that his return is half that of Aurier's (in both goals and assists)........When all you care about to judge a player is shit stats and those shit stats say Auier has twice the output of Tripps, then you know you're fucked.
giphy.gif

So are assists still the stupidest stat ever or not, I’m confused?

This is a bit like when you used a statsbomb heat map of 8 games to claim Trippier was targeted, then when showed the same map for 38 games that showed he wasn’t, denounced it as flawed, completely forgetting you’d previously declared it as conclusive proof.

This is what happens when you talk bollocks. It can bite you on the arse.

So are assists still the stupidest stat ever or not, I’m confused?

This is a bit like when you used a statsbomb heat map of 8 games to claim Trippier was targeted, then when showed the same map for 38 games that showed he wasn’t, denounced it as flawed, completely forgetting you’d previously declared it as conclusive proof.

This is what happens when you talk bollocks. It can bite you on the arse.
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom