Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Isn't that better than playing down neither?

Not if the oppo notice the imbalance (which is innevitable)... Just means 1/3 less of the pitch to defend.

In games like yesterday we need to mix it up and keep em guessing (i dont mean 30min chunks of each before switching)....

(Don't get me wrong, seeing our AMs bouncing off a wall of CBs and DCMs frustrates the hell out of me! ...Nor do i proffess to have the answer.)

Not if the oppo notice the imbalance (which is innevitable)... Just means 1/3 less of the pitch to defend.

In games like yesterday we need to mix it up and keep em guessing (i dont mean 30min chunks of each before switching)....

(Don't get me wrong, seeing our AMs bouncing off a wall of CBs and DCMs frustrates the hell out of me! ...Nor do i proffess to have the answer.)

As I said earlier - you play at least one of the more athletic wingbacks to stretch the play, that then leaves room for the less dynamic players who can't dribble round the opposition to at least get crossing opportunities one v one.

As I said earlier - you play at least one of the more athletic wingbacks to stretch the play, that then leaves room for the less dynamic players who can't dribble round the opposition to at least get crossing opportunities one v one.

I theory i agree, just recall us struggling with it on numerous occasions in the past.

Quandry for me is that for a large part of our killer run last year it we were playing KT/BD which served us very well.

...All summer it felt like rotation of the current combos was the answer, much like KT/BD & KW/DR combos were during 2016/2017.

Last edited:
Dembele MUST start this time. Eriksen should be benched, but there is no other option for him.

We'll have to rest Eriksen sooner or later, so why put it off any longer.

Lets own the midfield as we so rarely have this season:

Lloris
Aurier / Dier / Dav / Jan / Rose (?)
Sissoko / Dembele
Dele / Son
Kane

Pace and movement ahead of that CM 'wall' to keep them on the back-foot + Kane to do the finishing.

Fuck it...
Win or be fucked.

It's getting that simple now.

Leicester denied us our only real recent chance at the league for WHATEVER reason they managed it... and I still can't work out how, why or who they managed to rope into that little Far Eastern Syndicate scam...

But I don't forget, and I occasionally forgive... but the shit they've been since they won the thing suggests summit weren't right... and if THATS the case, then we have more than plenty of reasons to want to beat them...

Into submission would be nice!

Just fucking Win Spurs... remember what happened and royally take it out on these little shits!

Depending on lamela's fitness, if he's available he's on the bench, if not then i want edwards or shashoua on the bench. We need creativity and technical ability in this team desperately. Those two might be very young and quite small but they often make very good decisions and have more ability than any of our first teamers. They have to play at some point anyway.

Lloris
Sanchez Dier Vert
Aurier Winks Dembele Rose
Dele Son
Kane

Vorm Eriksen Llorente Lamela Sissoko Davies Trippier

Normally Eriksen would be one of the first names on the list but hasn’t been firing since ROI qualifier so maybe a rest is in order

Eriksen was poor yesterday and could probably benefit from a rest. Dembele should definitely start and hoping Lamela makes the bench.

Need a win not just for the points but also to calm down some of the whiners on here.

We're blowing hot and cold a bit at the moment, but this is one of those times I'm comfortably sure our boys are going to turn up for the occasion.

They clearly still sting over the 15/16 season (fucking good) and it showed at the end of last season. Also, Kane takes particular pleasure in shushing their fans if they give him grief (how dare he go on loan there as a youngster and... err... finish the loan?).

As mentioned before, it's away. If we play at least half as well as we can then we'll win. But nervous wreck, etc etc.
Don't think I could take smug Woolwich and Leicester fans in the space of ten days.

The good thing about this game is Leicester won’t sit deep and just defend. There will be space and we will exploit that.

- Lloris -
- Sanchez Dier Vertonghen -
- Trippier Dembele Winks Dele Rose -
- Eriksen -
- Kane -​

This was the away day of the season for me last year.

After a number of frustrating results against them and their fans getting way too ahead of themselves, singing - "You've got your Leicester back"

Also - chucking that "Shit Jamie Vardy" chant back at them after Kane scored his first, second, third and fourth.

Beautiful

Back
Top Bottom