Leicester City v Tottenham Hotspur (21-09-19)(12.30pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

TBH I hope somewhere in the background Tanganga is being pushed hard towards the first team as once again, our defence was scary tonight. I worry who is playing at the back, because as soon as the opposition decide to press, we crumble.

TBH I hope somewhere in the background Tanganga is being pushed hard towards the first team as once again, our defence was scary tonight. I worry who is playing at the back, because as soon as the opposition decide to press, we crumble.
This is pure fantasy though.

He's way too young and there's really very little to suggest he'll be good enough to start in the prem in the next 3-4 years.

Even the biggest 'young' centre back talents in the PL like Tuanzebe, Soyuncu and Tomori have way, way more experience and aren't solid or getting significant play time.

He needs at least a season on loan in the championship or bottom PL to make mistakes and grow as a player.

Not looking forward to this, one bit.

Anyway...

5uNzjft.jpg

Gazza, Davies, Sanchez, Winks, Ndombele, Lamela, Alli
I dont think we are gonna wear last years away kit

I think we still need a proper defensive mid. Winks has done a job there so far, but he needs to be freed up to dictate the play more.

Dier
Ndombele - Eriksen​

Alternate between Ndombele and Winks, have Dier protect the back line and Eriksen can then orchestrate . The depth we have for midfield when everyone is fit is very good now.. Winks, Ndombele, Sissoko, Alli, Eriksen, Lo Celso, Dier, Lamela and Wanyama.

Dele doesn't deserve to start.
Aurier after a good Palace performance is a shoe in.
An indifferent Rose is better than Davis.
Sanchez only on the bench.
Poch needs to get this right another sideways slow boring football has a constant negative vibe.
Palace must be the template

This is pure fantasy though.

He's way too young and there's really very little to suggest he'll be good enough to start in the prem in the next 3-4 years.

Even the biggest 'young' centre back talents in the PL like Tuanzebe, Soyuncu and Tomori have way, way more experience and aren't solid or getting significant play time.

He needs at least a season on loan in the championship or bottom PL to make mistakes and grow as a player.
Our whole fucking defence could do with a year in the Championship at present. Anyone fooled by that performance against a dreadful Palace is in for a total shock.

Or defence needs rubbed out and totally redrawn.

Our whole fucking defence could do with a year in the Championship at present. Anyone fooled by that performance against a dreadful Palace is in for a total shock.

Or defence needs rubbed out and totally redrawn.
Probably, but simply exchanging the personnel for worse, less experienced players would do nothing except annihilate said players' value and confidence.

Look at Sanchez at RB. Hardly improved us.

Probably, but simply exchanging the personnel for worse, less experienced players would do nothing except annihilate said players' value and confidence.

Look at Sanchez at RB. Hardly improved us.
Neither has Toby at right centre back or Jan at left centre back or anyone that plays left back. For all Dav's faults at right back he hasn't been responsible for any of the goals we conceded in those games.

Neither has Toby at right centre back or Jan at left centre back or anyone that plays left back. For all Dav's faults at right back he hasn't been responsible for any of the goals we conceded in those games.
Well let's not get into it but I hope you see my point.

Just because current players are underperforming doesn't mean switching them out for youth players will improve anything, it will only make the mistakes even more common and bad.

Well let's not get into it but I hope you see my point.

Just because current players are underperforming doesn't mean switching them out for youth players will improve anything, it will only make the mistakes even more common and bad.
No, I do agree with you. My problem is that players are getting slack knowing they are guaranteed a start regardless of their last performance. We need at least one, maybe two or three young hungry players always pushing the established players, but young players who the manager will give the chance to at the expense of the more experienced player.

Jan was badly at fault for two goals last night, was poor against Woolwich, yet will be guaranteed a start again because "He was there during the good times"

I've predicted a 1-1 and I could live with that as long as we win the 3 league games after this one (Southampton at home, Brighton away, Watford at home) and given the fact that we won our last league match. Leicester away is a tough fixture for any team in the league; a loss would be very bad for the moral though.

Last edited:
I've predicted 1-1 and I could live with that, it's a tough away match. As long as we win the 3 league games after this one (Southampton at home, Brighton away, Watford at home).

The next four games are huge for our season. If we can go on a little run and come out of it with a draw and 3 wins at the very least it sets us up very well, especially as during that spell we have Chelsea vs Liverpool, Man U Vs Liverpool and Man U Vs Woolwich.

I still can't figure out who Pochettino left Aurier at home when Walker-Peters was on the bench though. Most of the other teams fullbacks don't need resting as frequently as ours so it doesn't make sense to me. If however we are fresh for the game at the weekend then who am I to question it.

A huge game really as it can really set us up for a favourable run of games.

The next four games are huge for our season. If we can go on a little run and come out of it with a draw and 3 wins at the very least it sets us up very well, especially as during that spell we have Chelsea vs Liverpool, Man U Vs Liverpool and Man U Vs Woolwich.

I still can't figure out who Pochettino left Aurier at home when Walker-Peters was on the bench though. Most of the other teams fullbacks don't need resting as frequently as ours so it doesn't make sense to me. If however we are fresh for the game at the weekend then who am I to question it.

A huge game really as it can really set us up for a favourable run of games.
To be fair, Aurier played a lot this summer, was injured and just played 90 minutes for us for the first time this year. I'm wondering if the hope/plan was that KWP would be ready to play after his injury and when assessed before the game just showed he couldn't go 90. Not sure, but I don't think it's that puzzling.

Leciester is huge though, I'm certain Aurier will play. Then maybe KWP back to get some minutes in the League Cup game.

Back
Top Bottom