League Cup 2018/19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder what the attendance is going to be for this?

None of my lot are going.

I'd travel there alone to watch our youth play a league cup game on a work night if we were the away side, and would have gone to Wembley or Watford. But for a "home" game the atmosphere will be horrible. I think I will give it a miss.

I can see it being 12,000, helped by locally based Spurs fans and Watford selling out their allocation.
I’m going, I support Spurs and go whenever, wherever I can

Fair play to you. I respect that.

If any of my mates or relatives were going I'd be going too. As it is, it's a bit much considering I finish work at 5.30pm on the Wednesday and working again on the Thursday morning, and I'd be making the journey on my own.

Last season I only missed two league games out of the 38, one of which was Bournemouth away, which I would have gone to but didn't get a ticket for. I've been to the likes of Ukraine, Azerbaijan, Serbia, Poland, Tromso etc to watch us play, so you've got me wrong if you think I'm not a loyal fan.

Im hoping too as well. If it had been switched to Watford I wouldn't have enough Lp's.(3,000 allocation?) At least if its at MK anyone who wants to go can do so.
I back the club on this one. So long as they price it correctly

Last edited:
Will there be all this discussion if we draw MK Dons away in the FA Cup? I doubt it but only a small number can attend. Whilst many supporters do not go to League cup matches surely better to allow those that want to the opportunity to go and those that find it difficult because of the distance do not have to go. Is it being televised?

Fuck Franchise FC and fuck us having anything to do with them.

Fuck Carabao and fuck what the League Cup has become while I'm at it.

Never want us to lose but can't say I'm bothered in the slightest about the result, hope it isn't televised

In short: big sack of cunt

I think the league cup should be for only those who don't get into Europe. I'm sure the organisers wouldn't allow it as they want to big teams in it for marketing exposure but it would be better for the sport - competing in three cup competitions alongside a demanding league schedule is just too much, especially as most of the players at those big clubs also have national team responsibilities too.

Don't mind the League Cup at all. Gives fringe players a go and a potential trophy in February.

We aren't above it.

Offer me top 4, the League Cup and a decent knock in the Champions League past the group stages and I'd bite your hand off. A trophy is a trophy regardless of how many dirty the League Cup waters. This team needs to celebrate something tangible soon and I'd be happy if that was the League Cup

Offer me top 4, the League Cup and a decent knock in the Champions League past the group stages and I'd bite your hand off. A trophy is a trophy regardless of how many dirty the League Cup waters. This team needs to celebrate something tangible soon and I'd be happy if that was the League Cup

A trophy is a trophy. We moan that this club and these bunch of players deserve a trophy yet we stick our noses up at one of them.

City last year celebrated the league Cup like they won the fucking Champions League. They want every trophy. Once this mentality strikes Poch and or team we'll be unstoppable.

I agree we're not above it I just think that four competitions plus internationals is a stretch too far.

We have a squad. Let's use it.

Vorm, KWP, Foyth, Sanchez, Rose, Wanyama, Winks, Sissoko, NKoudou, Lamela, Llorente should be fine to get through the earlier rounds.

Don't even think it's a problem playing some of the first teamers either. Just choose wisely. It's 5 games and you're in a final.

Fuck Franchise FC and fuck us having anything to do with them.

Fuck Carabao and fuck what the League Cup has become while I'm at it.

Never want us to lose but can't say I'm bothered in the slightest about the result, hope it isn't televised

In short: big sack of cunt

Wouldn't mind winning it though.

I think the rule changes such as the abolition of extra-time and just going straight to penalties are increasingly making the League Cup have the status of that phoney pre-season tournament in America, except one that gets in the way of actual fixtures. Yeah it was great to win it in 1999 and 2008, and I would have liked to have won it in 2015. But it's a tournament that I would be surprised to still see existing with the involvement of top flight teams in a decade's time.

Also fuck MK Dons. Never forget.

Watford fans moaning make me laugh.

Stadium MK holds 10k more than Vicarage Road.
Milton Keynes is a direct 35min train from Watford or 45 minute car on the M1.
Watford have played at Stadium MK more than us.
They don't have to play us at Wembley or WHL where we are incredibly strong.

So they are moaning about more of their fans being able to watch a game that is now more accessible in a stadium they have more experience in whilst their opponents have to play away.

Stupid fuckers.

Back
Top Bottom