Last Day At The Lane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, should have used this...
e00aab0d3d8bf9fb3de2b69c15e3b4cb.jpg
A guy sitting a few rows in front of me took home the 'CONDIMENTS' sign. A couple of the loo seats were loose, and it did cross my mind for a few seconds to take one home, but then I came to my senses.

I've just realised the true symbolism of what happened on Sunday...
92565fc9eec1be2f049246979bf1ce76.jpg
4221396001_4817362218001_4817355702001-vs.jpg

...it's all about the transition of tradition... but it's gonna be alright people.
Our immediate, and long term future is in safe hands... Bill Nic has sorted it!

Last edited:
14th May 2017
C_y-60EXcAETsNw.jpg

14th May 1981
fa-cup-final-replay-manchester-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-at-wembley-BPWCJE.jpg

^ These two Photos were taken exactly 36 years apart... now tell me there aren't dark Lilywhite forces at work?
...and this is why I love Tottenham Hotspur!
I'm not ashamed to say, I went a bit gooey when I compared both photos and realised the date(s)...

BTW... Hoddle and Burky next to each other... sheer fluke, or 36 years of pre-planning?

Last edited:
C_y-60EXcAETsNw.jpg
fa-cup-final-replay-manchester-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-at-wembley-BPWCJE.jpg

...and this is why I love Tottenham Hotspur! I'm not ashamed to say, I went a bit gooey when I compared both photos...

BTW... Hoddle and Burky next to each other... sheer fluke, or 36 years of pre-planning?
Wonderful photo. Thanks for sharing. Might have missed the reason. But why were no former managers out on the pitch on Sunday ? Would have been great to see Keith out there and El Tel ( assuming he could resist nicking the whip money )

There's a chance I may have just had an epiphany... or just another Hoddle episode...
...or just one Whiskey too many!!!

Whilst brushing my youngest daughter's teeth on Sun night I was singing, "we're the pride of North London, we're the Kings of White Hart Lane".

She asked me, "what are you singing Daddy, I like that". Made me smile.

I told her about Spurs and our last game at White hart Lane and asked if when she was a bit older (she only 4 at the moment) would she like to go to a match with me to which she said yes.

As the Dad of two young girls (7&4) who have shown no interest at all so far in football then this feels like a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Brilliant day.Paying for it now.Met up with loads of old mates,and met loads of new ones.I don't think me and my mate have ever been photographed so much.I wanted to drink with everyone.
The butchers coats were well worth the effort

I saw a completely bald chap (no offence most of my hair went a few years back myself) in a butchers coat walk up the High Road before the game, looked impressive.

If that was you then good effort squire
:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom