Lampard offered in deal for Modric

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hahahahahahahaha ha

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfe ... 38600.html

Frank Lampard may be used as a shock makeweight in a deal to lure Spurs star Luka Modric to Chelsea.

The Blues are refusing to give up on Modric and will make a renewed bid when the transfer window ­reopens next month.

Spurs boss Harry Redknapp would see Lampard as a direct replacement for Modric and that could swing the deal. Lampard missed a penalty and was hauled off after 60 minutes in yesterday’s 3-0 win at Newcastle.

That gave me a right chuckle this morning I have to say - that last paragraph makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

A while ago I went on the Shed End forum and as well as the normal three or four threads mentioning how much they hate us and how Spurs at the Bridge is one of the few games where it is hard to buy a ticket, there is even more hatred of us now because we didn't sell Modric. One poster said "I despise that cunt Levy for what he did to us."

What was that then?

These despicable knuckledraggers actually think we are "greedy Jew cunts" because we didn't sell our best player!

I hope they move to a new ground and it burns down a week later. If we sell him to them I'll never forgive Levy, they are scum of the lowest order.

I heard another one today that Jol wants to take Berbatov to Fulham, considering that little rat played a big part in fucking up Jol's time at Spurs I reckon that might be bollocks

this is the same daily mirror who exclusively revealed that we would sell modric for "£20m-£25m from a champions league club". absolute nonsense then, absolute nonsense now.

You have to remember that these reporters get their stories from sources and, as reputable a source as it may be, these sources tend to have their own allegiances.

This story, as with most of the Modric stuff, has clearly come out of the Chelsea camp. They seem to have no qualms in oiling the media machine and using it to their advantage. It surely has to verge on tapping up and, whilst "everybody does it", few do it as persistently as the Chavs.

I'm amazed we've not already reported them but I am certain that, if they return for our best player in the middle of a season where we are pushing for a title and they are in danger of dropping out the top 4, then we will surely deem it disruptive and report them.

What part of "no, not at any price" do they not understand? I know Modric stated his desire to leave in the summer and, in these days of player power, Chelsea have clearly taken that as a green light to invade N17, but Spurs still are the ones who own Modric's registration and, really, we have the final say. We've made it absolutely clear what our stance is, so why can't they just move on? There ARE other players out there, probably for significantly less, so their incessant and obsessive pursuit of Modric must at some point be seen as an attempt to weaken Spurs as much as it is to strengthen Chelsea, and the Premier League cannot be comfortable with that

basskadet said:
We've made it absolutely clear what our stance is, so why can't they just move on? There ARE other players out there, probably for significantly less, so their incessant and obsessive pursuit of Modric must at some point be seen as an attempt to weaken Spurs as much as it is to strengthen Chelsea

Yep. Let's hope Levy sticks to his guns, despite all the supposedly Spurs characters who came out in the media telling Levy to sell our best player to one of our hated rivals. Twats.

Did this really sell any papers.

Jouro bored during second half sees Lampard annoyed for being subbed and thinks Lampard + Modric x spurs = chirstmas bonus.

What the fuck would we need lumpard for when we have the real deal in VDV.

can't wait to finish above them cunts this season, so they can fuck off back down the table and Abromobitch can fuck off back to Russia and we can watch them implode and laugh

WANKERS THE LOT OF THEM

if we're above them in the Jan window personally I think we should be "leaking" stuff to the press about wanting to bring Sturridge to the Lane. Do the same with van Persie too. Simply put, state we're now the biggest club in London and while we may not pay the huge wages we're those players best chance of winning trophies.

1, it'll piss their fans off immensely.
2, it could unsettle their teams
3, see how they like it

As far as them talking to the press though and trying to unsettle our players, we do exactly the same so we can't really complain too much.

I propose a change in the way football clubs do business. Make it the rules that:

A club wanting to procure the services of a player that is contracted to another club may have one, and just one attempt at bidding. if that is rejected then then they may not approach for a full calendar year.

There are then just two ways of aproaching it, ask the selling club to name their price before bidding or make a fucking reasonable offer. No more of this making a derisory bid just in order to try to soften the situation and flip the player.

Give the clubs just a little bit of power back....

That seems all well and good Ben but I'm sure all the clubs talk to each other all the time and know each others valuation.

Chavski obviously didn't listen to what we had to say on the issue and carried on regardless.

Hypothecical in the extreme and there's probably stuff I haven't thought through, but clubs shouldn't be bullied into selling their players and should be protected somehow...

Deffo. But the cunt's'll always find a way round. Same as the financial fair play.

Also, to reiterate what someone said, we do it too: "top, top player, who wouldn't want him in their team".

The big fish eat the smaller ones. Luckily, we've put on weight lately.

Back
Top Bottom