Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

KWP played very close to Toby yesterday. Can only assume this was the instruction as Toby never bothered pushing him farther out. Gave Sterling loads of space but poss stopped city going through gaps in the middle as they did at West Ham. Presumably Sissoko was supposed to cover over but didn’t seem to work.
Reason it didn't work was because city were still doubling up on the wings and we only had one player go out there. There was almost always a 2v1, or a player free out wide.

his crossing was low percentage

For the record here he had a crossing accuracy of 29% in 2018/19, Trent Alexander-Arnold also had 29%, Rose had 22%. Far from low percentage.

Trippier wasn't sold because he couldn't cross or because he was shit in attack. He wasn't. He was sold because he made defensive mistakes, had a poor tackle %, wasn't dominant in 1-1 situations, often lost aerial duels and he later admitted there was issues behind the scenes, presumably with Poch.

For the record here he had a crossing accuracy of 29% in 2018/19, Trent Alexander-Arnold also had 29%, Rose had 22%. Far from low percentage.

Trippier wasn't sold because he couldn't cross or because he was shit in attack. He wasn't. He was sold because he made defensive mistakes, had a poor tackle %, wasn't dominant in 1-1 situations, often lost aerial duels and he later admitted there was issues behind the scenes, presumably with Poch.
Please try and keep up. The act of crossing is a low percentage opportunity.

Tripps only so-called talent was to cross the ball, it effected how we played, how we built from possession to conceding possession and then being more vulnerable than ever previously on the counter, this was compounded even more so because we didn't have a midfield last year. Tripps assist stats were padded by games against Hull and Watford, with his other assists many of them were not via the route of a cross but throw-ins and the like. His assists from crosses was a bit of a myth.

Tripps was sold because he was shit - please read what I write before making a comment, it's such a waste of everyone's time.

Please try and keep up.

I can't, you're just too smart for the likes of me I'm afraid. I wasn't aware that not every cross leads to a goal, thank you sire for enlightening me, in my utter stupidity I dared disagree that 29% is "low percentage", how foolish of me, please let me lick your boots.

I can't, you're just too smart for the likes of me I'm afraid. I wasn't aware that not every cross leads to a goal, thank you sire for enlightening me, in my utter stupidity I dared disagree that 29% is "low percentage", how foolish of me, please let me lick your boots.
It's a low percentage "opportunity" mate, just like corners not much comes from them. For all the wanking over his crossing he only has a handful of assists to his name that came from actual crosses. Remove the games against Watford and Hull and you can count the number on one hand in the four years (114 appearances) and the literally hundreds of crosses he attempted during this time he's been at the club. That's the definition of the low percentage.

Should probably bin all crosses then as they are so low percentage. Fuck off goal kicks too, don't see them result in goals very much either. In fact why bother with throw-ins they're fucking useless. Long balls from the back rarely lead to an assist too so keep everything short. No wait short passes are just a bunch of passes that don't lead to a goal either... too low percentage.

Shit this tactics lark is well hard init.

I mean, as with most things it is a balance. You do not want most of your goals coming from crosses as they are low percentage chances. That said, you need to be able to have the threat of a cross as it can drag the defenders out away from goal. A lot of teams that have parked the bus against us recently did so in a very compact manner because our crossing threat was minimal.

I mean, as with most things it is a balance. You do not want most of your goals coming from crosses as they are low percentage chances. That said, you need to be able to have the threat of a cross as it can drag the defenders out away from goal. A lot of teams that have parked the bus against us recently did so in a very compact manner because our crossing threat was minimal.
Quality crosses cause havoc for defences. Just look at what City did for their goals last weekend. You cannot rely on just cut backs and through balls to score. Variety is what creates space and keeps the opposition defence/midfield guessing. Ultimately we do not want to become one dimensional and try and pass it into the goal.

100% agree with this mate, never said we shouldn't be doing it because it's a low %. In fact, we should have a variety to our attack, which is yet another reason I would bang on about Frodo because all he did was fucking cross!

He occasionally, and coincided with his best games for us, would play a lovely ball around the corner of the oppo, usually this was short pass played behind the oppo as they came out to close him down, I loved these as we kept the ball, it was usually to the feet of Kane, Son, Eriksen or Dele all capable of doing something with it when behind the oppo.

For instance, I don't moan at Rose who's crossing is a bit shit, and that's because he offers variety, he's prepared to take on the oppo in and around their box, he also attempts to get behind and turn the oppo, he has a variety to him.

Should probably bin all crosses then as they are so low percentage. Fuck off goal kicks too, don't see them result in goals very much either. In fact why bother with throw-ins they're fucking useless. Long balls from the back rarely lead to an assist too so keep everything short. No wait short passes are just a bunch of passes that don't lead to a goal either... too low percentage.

Shit this tactics lark is well hard init.
I'm referencing ONE player that did very little else when we attacked, that's the context here. Thought that much is quite clear, clearly not for some.

Should probably bin all crosses then as they are so low percentage. Fuck off goal kicks too, don't see them result in goals very much either.
In fact why bother with throw-ins they're fucking useless.
Long balls from the back rarely lead to an assist too so keep everything short.
No wait short passes are just a bunch of passes that don't lead to a goal either... too low percentage.
LOL.

While we're at it, we may as well fuck shots on target off too, those are relatively low percentage. Just run the ball in, we'll be fine.
LOLOL.
Free kicks? Charge 'em I say.
Monster.

Back
Top Bottom