Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They're two weeks behind us in their pre season and it showed the first half. A chance to really stand out but he didn't really at all. Like Georgiou on the other side, doesn't look up to the level we need.

He was up against Ronaldo. This was the first pre season game for both sides and we did really well

Blimey agendas much .... Juve are not two weeks behind us don't believe troll posts .... our training only began on the 8th July and most only returned on the 15th July ... so we haven't even done 2 weeks, the majority not even a week,so how can we be two weeks ahead?

Second playing in Asia is a big deal for Juve and Ronaldo, it was very noticeable that they started with him and kept him on until he scored, he pushed hard on KWP and KWP stood up to the task real well ...

KWP is just 22 he's played just 9 EPL games .... why the massive hurry to right him off?

Blimey agendas much .... Juve are not two weeks behind us don't believe troll posts .... our training only began on the 8th July and most only returned on the 15th July ... so we haven't even done 2 weeks, the majority not even a week,so how can we be two weeks ahead?

Second playing in Asia is a big deal for Juve and Ronaldo, it was very noticeable that they started with him and kept him on until he scored, he pushed hard on KWP and KWP stood up to the task real well ...

KWP is just 22 he's played just 9 EPL games .... why the massive hurry to right him off?

Of course they're two weeks behind us in preparation because Serie A starts two weeks later! Our resident Juve fan fogueres fogueres will tell you this and Sarri said as much. Or does your "source" inside the club no better?

Just 22? He's several years behind the curve of progress you'd have expected him to make. It's very easy to latch on to every young player and say they'll make it but, after having seen all his games for us, I don't think he will and it's time to move him on, in my opinion.

And as for standing up to Ronaldo, he shoulder barged KWP off the pitch once and shoulder barged him to the ground dismissively another time. He made him look weak. I don't think he could have done that to a player like Parrott, and if he had I think Parrott would have had some verbals with him and not just sit there looking sorry for himself, because he's got little something about him, an edge, that KWP lacks.

The nightmare scenario is us not making a signing, having to play KWP at City away and him getting brutalised, because I don't think he'd be up to it.

Of course they're two weeks behind us in preparation because Serie A starts two weeks later! Our resident Juve fan fogueres fogueres will tell you this and Sarri said as much. Or does your "source" inside the club no better?

Hahahahahahahaha ... that's funny .... and Sarri was surprise, surprise making an excuse ...

Let me understand your take, we both started pre-season training in early July. Juve play their first league game two weeks later than us ... ergo even though we both started at the same time they now in just a few days suddenly dropped two weeks behind? That's one numpty comment ... but hey at least it made me laugh ....

Ronaldo beat him a couple of times. Get rid, clearly not good enough. LOL

I would say that KWP is certainly good enough to play in the FA and Milk Cup games and be a useful backup in the EPL and ECL.

The real worry is if Aurier is going to be good enough and/or able to remain fit.

He also pulled his usual crap where he pinches in too far inside and leaves his man on his side of the field unmarked. In this case it was CR7...I think in the 27th minute or so, and Ronaldo just fluffed an unmarked opportunity.

I think he's an effective offensive wingback and am not opposed to using him against teams that park the bus, but against any team that's going to mount an attack, I don't think he's adequate.

Because we have the massive hurry to win something.

Nothing against youth development. But if we are aiming for title or CL, a couple of errors could be costly in the end. Youth development has a cost.

I do not mind KWP being a backup. Nowhere near first eleven though.

he is like most full backs they are not shown how to defend and how to stop crosses, but what makes it worst is he like Trippler rarely looks over his shoulder to see where the attacker is
if you watched the game yesterday Marsh was looking all the time for the attacker outside him,
in the old days I'd call it ball watching

Just 22? He's several years behind the curve of progress you'd have expected him to make. It's very easy to latch on to every young player and say they'll make it but, after having seen all his games for us, I don't think he will and it's time to move him on, in my opinion.

And as for standing up to Ronaldo, he shoulder barged KWP off the pitch once and shoulder barged him to the ground dismissively another time. He made him look weak. I don't think he could have done that to a player like Parrott, and if he had I think Parrott would have had some verbals with him and not just sit there looking sorry for himself, because he's got little something about him, an edge, that KWP lacks.

The nightmare scenario is us not making a signing, having to play KWP at City away and him getting brutalised, because I don't think he'd be up to it.

Tottenham started on July 8th, Juventus on July 10th. The difference is precisely that you are "calibrated" on a different start date for the championship. Anyway, it was a fun game in which the Asian fans had to have fun: you play there for that ...

I think we all expect our youngsters to just turn up and play at EPL level like it was nothing ... fact is thirty years ago when teams had three of four superstars and 7 or 8 journeymen then you could slot in a few youngsters, but those days are gone ... players at under 23 level:

Man City - only Foden with 13 games gets a look in
Liverpool - only Trent AA with 29 games gets a look in
Man Utd - Rashford and Dalot (who cost 22m)

yet we now want Skipp, Foyth, KWP, Parrot to join Dele and Winks as all EPL ready ... not going to happen in one season ... only very rare exceptional players start in the EPL under the age of 23 ... when every club can buy a proven 25 year old why risk an unproven youngster? For the top six that's simply no longer an option, the risk is to high ... so it's cup games and the bench if they're lucky.

In time all these players might make the grade but that's at least one, two or three years away for the latest batch ...

Sure we want to win trophies now, and to achieve that we've bought Ndombele with hopefully a couple more to come. Developing youngsters today is about winning trophies in five years, patience and realistic expectations are very much required

Last edited:
There are more than a few on here that are in the wrong jobs. They obviously should be defensive coaches at premier league clubs.

Or midfeld coaches.

Or attacking coaches.

Or maybe all three as they seem to know everything.

Rose spent a season with Sunderland at 22 and said he wanted to stay there.

Then got dogs abuse when he signed a new contract. And was basically called useless.

People have very short memories.

KWP physically can still fill out and develop physically. I think his best days are ahead of him personally.
Rose was absolute train wreck during AWB/Poch season 1, him and naughton on the flanks was a guaranteed 4 goals against.
He only stepped up in 2016, peaked in 2017 and never returned to that purple patch top form

Back
Top Bottom