Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question has to be asked is KWP a lightweight, or can he step up on a regular basis this season?

Valid argument, I can't really argue with it. What are your thoughts on Edwards now he's had a while to develop his skills and mindset and seemingly hasn't? Stick or is he offski as well?

Edwards wants to play football, that seems his priority, and rightfully so. I'd like to see him given another contract then a higher level loan, or even until Jan to force his way into the team here. If he doesn't want to sign one, then fair enough and just get the best deal we can for him with a good sell on clause.

Edwards wants to play football, that seems his priority, and rightfully so. I'd like to see him given another contract then a higher level loan, or even until Jan to force his way into the team here. If he doesn't want to sign one, then fair enough and just get the best deal we can for him with a good sell on clause.

Edwards turns 21 this year, Walker-Peters turned 22. (Born in 1997 & 1998 so only a calendar year between them).

If Walker-Peters has had enough time to prove his worth after his first real breakthrough season of 10 games in all competitions then how long do we give Edwards? I'm kind of withnyou by the way I think Edwards deserves more time but at the same time surely binning a HG footballer like KWP after only just easing his mindset into that of a senior figure at the club would be foolish wouldn't it? He cost us nothing, seems to be a good egg, is starting to say the right things and can offer depth both on the right as well as the left.

I'm not sure if he'll make it but we are absolutely desperate for one or two more academy players to come good as the rules state we need a minimum of 4 academy trained players in certain competitions and at the moment we have Rose, Winks, Kane, Whiteman, Skipp & Parrott. With Rose looking like he wants out and one day Kane maybe saying he wants a mega move it really leaves our academy trained options very flimsy. Wouldn't another year of KWP be a risk worth taking if the kids happy to do so, keep his nut down and try to break through?

Edwards turns 21 this year, Walker-Peters turned 22. (Born in 1997 & 1998 so only a calendar year between them).

If Walker-Peters has had enough time to prove his worth after his first real breakthrough season of 10 games in all competitions then how long do we give Edwards? I'm kind of withnyou by the way I think Edwards deserves more time but at the same time surely binning a HG footballer like KWP after only just easing his mindset into that of a senior figure at the club would be foolish wouldn't it? He cost us nothing, seems to be a good egg, is starting to say the right things and can offer depth both on the right as well as the left.

I'm not sure if he'll make it but we are absolutely desperate for one or two more academy players to come good as the rules state we need a minimum of 4 academy trained players in certain competitions and at the moment we have Rose, Winks, Kane, Whiteman, Skipp & Parrott. With Rose looking like he wants out and one day Kane maybe saying he wants a mega move it really leaves our academy trained options very flimsy. Wouldn't another year of KWP be a risk worth taking if the kids happy to do so, keep his nut down and try to break through?

I think Priority 1 is to develop players good enough for the first team (Kane, Winks etc) then Priority 2 is to develop players that can be sold on for decent wedge (CCV, Onomah etc). Then lastly, failing those two, Priority 3 - giving players the opportunity to have a career in football, such as a player like Ogilivie. I.e. Never gonna be top players who we'll get big bucks but we've helped them on their way to a career in professional football.

KWP has been stuck at Priority 1 level too long without progressing, Foyth has finished him here I think, but we're potentially missing out on a decent transfer fee by not turning him into a Priority 2 player, someone who can go out on loan, play 40 games, get a reputation as a player of a certain level and who a club would be prepared to pay X amount for. So we're losing out two ways, paying his salary and him not appreciating in value. KWP hasn't proved anything in my opinion. Priority 3 players we've let go for next to nothing have sometimes found their way back to higher levels simply by playing football consistently. KWP is risking not even managing that if another year goes by with him only playing ten or so games.

I think Priority 1 is to develop players good enough for the first team (Kane, Winks etc) then Priority 2 is to develop players that can be sold on for decent wedge (CCV, Onomah etc). Then lastly, failing those two, Priority 3 - giving players the opportunity to have a career in football, such as a player like Ogilivie. I.e. Never gonna be top players who we'll get big bucks but we've helped them on their way to a career in professional football.

KWP has been stuck at Priority 1 level too long without progressing, Foyth has finished him here I think, but we're potentially missing out on a decent transfer fee by not turning him into a Priority 2 player, someone who can go out on loan, play 40 games, get a reputation as a player of a certain level and who a club would be prepared to pay X amount for. So we're losing out two ways, paying his salary and him not appreciating in value. KWP hasn't proved anything in my opinion. Priority 3 players we've let go for next to nothing have sometimes found their way back to higher levels simply by playing football consistently. KWP is risking not even managing that if another year goes by with him only playing ten or so games.

We definitely should have 3 categories yes, I'm just not convinced that we should be pulling the trigger on KWP just yet. He has just completed his 2nd season as a member of the first team squad, making his debut 17/18 season.

19 first team appearances, 5 assists and 1 goal isn't really a bad return for a young player who ultimately is still cutting his teeth and finding his feet as a Premier League youngster. Even Kane took pretty much a full season and a half to start showing us genuine glimpses of what we may have had on our hands.

For me I think we have bigger risk letting him go only for him to click and turn into a star then we have missing out on a few million by not giving him a loan or game time. I wouldn't be against a loan but I would be against giving him a permanent move whilst we have some real iffy choices on the right back department compared to how the rest of the squad is shaping up. Give him a decent loan or give him another year but he shouldn't be one we are lookin to permanently say goodbye to.

Third in the pecking order in a position we aren’t blessed in. Can’t see the lad making it. If he were still 18, maybe, but he’s not a young guy anymore.

Third in the pecking order in a position we aren’t blessed in. Can’t see the lad making it. If he were still 18, maybe, but he’s not a young guy anymore.

Not sure I agree. He turned 22 barely 10 weeks ago so most of his 22nd year as a footballer so far has been spent in the off season. Hes an Edmonton kid who when I saw him during the season got 2 or 3 assists when called upon in a single game. We know what we're getting with Trippier and Aurier but have yet to see KWP get a stretch of games.

I'll back whatever happens as ultimately I trust the clubs judgement but a homegrown lad who can help out on both sides who was 21 for most of the season seems like one we really should give a little bit of time to. Whenever I've watched him I've seen good qualities in his attacking play, maybe he's struggling with the defensive side as let's be honest u23 football is different to playing against the likes of Aguero and Sterling. Let's give him another year and see how the season pans out for him.

Let's pray Aurier steps up

i like KWP but not sure he will make it. He's already 22, physically and technically decent but mentally? not sure.

Rose spent a season with Sunderland at 22 and said he wanted to stay there.

Then got dogs abuse when he signed a new contract. And was basically called useless.

People have very short memories.

KWP physically can still fill out and develop physically. I think his best days are ahead of him personally.

A couple of errors in his games played, but also 2 Motm?? He will be successful here imo. The size thing? Danny Alves would like a word. In fact they are very similar in size and technique. KwP might be one of the better dribllers in our squad.

Back
Top Bottom