Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He likes a pirouette too much. Constantly goes forward, then seems to turn 180 degrees and undoes everything by playing the ball backwards. Tail end of last season he had a great game at left back where he kept driving into the box. Needs to regain that form.

Never caused Scotty Parker's career any harm

Not sure what to make of him.....started great. But that was the opening day two years ago now.

I think yesterday probably epitomised him and is the reason Poch is reluctant to use him.

Despite growing into the game and getting
stuck in, he has zero attacking prowess, does not overlap and leaves our forwards standing motionless on the edge of the box with no one bursting down the wing, and is positionally suspect at the back.

Has potential, but is very much 3rd choice and rightly so for me. I actually don’t want him loaned out, I’d like him used.....throw him in at the deep end and see if he can swim.

Give him minutes when we are comfortable and play him in the domestics. The kid has bags of heart and is very good on the ball.

Not sure what to make of him.....started great. But that was the opening day two years ago now.

I think yesterday probably epitomised him and is the reason Poch is reluctant to use him.

Despite growing into the game and getting
stuck in, he has zero attacking prowess, does not overlap and leaves our forwards standing motionless on the edge of the box with no one bursting down the wing, and is positionally suspect at the back.

Has potential, but is very much 3rd choice and rightly so for me. I actually don’t want him loaned out, I’d like him used.....throw him in at the deep end and see if he can swim.

Give him minutes when we are comfortable and play him in the domestics. The kid has bags of heart and is very good on the ball.

I agree with the approach to chuck him in there and see what he can do. And we've done that a couple of times, but not nearly often enough. He needs regular playing time. And if we are not willing to see whether he can perform for us week in week out, then we need to get him on loan somewhere, where he can prove that he's able to cope or not.

Get him, Foyth and Skipp on some of that good protein in the summer.

Big pre-season coming up for all of them.

With Trippier self-confirming his departure and Aurier looking questionable too, do we think that KWP may be getting trusted a bit more next season?

I think an RB purchase is inevitable. But the level of that purchase will obviously be dependent on Poch's plans with KWP.

Personally, I see a player in there and one I think can improve greatly with minutes.

With Trippier self-confirming his departure and Aurier looking questionable too, do we think that KWP may be getting trusted a bit more next season?

I think an RB purchase is inevitable. But the level of that purchase will obviously be dependent on Poch's plans with KWP.

Personally, I see a player in there and one I think can improve greatly with minutes.
I'm not so sure, I agree he does look a player but I think Poch might have some issue with him. What this is I have no idea (attitude,training etc) but it can't be ability.

I say this 'cos it could be argued that he is our 4th choice RB as even Foyth has played there ahead of him.

KWP surely would have been given more responsibility by now if Poch and the coaching staff had big plans for him , love nothing more than academy youngsters coming through but don't see it with this lad , think he'll be lucky to make it in the PL.

I sincerely hope KWP has a future with us, I know he has made a few mistakes but I see enough raw ability to think he needs more minutes. It's the only way he'll develop and learn:

He's been given chances to develop and he simply hasn't. He needs to move on now and Poch needs to be straight with him about this. He's already been displaced by Foyth. What's the point of having a player you only trust against naff opposition or if he's the only man left standing? I'd rather see another youth team player given a chance now ahead of him.

Back
Top Bottom