Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wonder whether we'll see him at all in the next 3 games?

Would actually be inclined to give him a start sat as RWB IF we play 3 at the back. He'll be up against someone younger than him at left back so less daunting perhaps

Wonder whether we'll see him at all in the next 3 games?

Would actually be inclined to give him a start sat as RWB IF we play 3 at the back. He'll be up against someone younger than him at left back so less daunting perhaps

Sounds good to me. He's quite capable of playing there and would reserve the attacking threat at RWB/RB that Walker currently provides.

5IV5HX9.jpg

Meet the teenage wonderkid set to rival his namesake for a place in the Tottenham first team

He looks very good. A bit disaappointing that he still hasn't got more chances. Also, he was unlucky to be away on international duty when Trip and Walker both were out.

What I have noticed is that he has grown quite a bit. He used to be a bit small, but looks more physical. It's a good sign, certainly a player I want to see more of the coming seasons.

He's always been an excellent dribbler, just always looked a bit slight. Maybe it's deceptive though. I've always said balance > strength.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind he's our next step up. Mason in 2014. Onomah in 2015. Winks in 2016. Walker-Peters in 2017.

Got a good thing going here.

I was able to watch the match.

He completely shut down Mexico's dangerous wide man. Took really good angles closing him down and stripped him of the ball on several occasions. As Totti mentioned, he looks very slight. Didn't seem to cause an issue at this level.

Going forward he was sharp. Tough to get a good grasp on him since he played as LB. You could tell he was a tidy dribbler, but he never tried to take on his man and go to the goal-line. It was usually a couple of good dribbles followed by a lay-off to the top of the 18 yard box.

Would be interested to see how he attacks on his strong (RB) side.

Just my 2 cents from watching one game.

looks more like a Rose than a Walker. ie, quite slight, but very athletic. Looks much more comfortable on the ball than Rose did at that age. Some nice skill at taking players on. His final ball sometimes went astray. I presume it was Jonjo Kenny at RB who he had to make way for?

Blimey, I once remember seeing Benny AE play RB and he looked so awkward it was almost funny. KWP looked like a proper LB until he checked back and passed inside. Looking forward to seeing more of him.

looks more like a Rose than a Walker. ie, quite slight, but very athletic. Looks much more comfortable on the ball than Rose did at that age. Some nice skill at taking players on. His final ball sometimes went astray. I presume it was Jonjo Kenny at RB who he had to make way for?

Blimey, I once remember seeing Benny AE play RB and he looked so awkward it was almost funny. KWP looked like a proper LB until he checked back and passed inside. Looking forward to seeing more of him.
Yeah would be kenny. Whilst kenny has been decent i don't think he has anywhere near as much ability as kwp on the ball but in space his strength and pace make him stand out. He doesn't look anywhere near as comfortable as kwp when pressured

Yeah would be kenny. Whilst kenny has been decent i don't think he has anywhere near as much ability as kwp on the ball but in space his strength and pace make him stand out. He doesn't look anywhere near as comfortable as kwp when pressured

His calmness under pressure and knowing when to hoof it clear was what stood out most for me in that video. Very mature.

Last edited:
Typical Italian side. Foul to stop opposition when they go past you or break and when in trouble dive.
Even had one kicking the ball 20 yards away so as to stop taking a free quick.
Learn the dark arts young these lot.

Back
Top Bottom