Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Southampton are confident of securing the signature of Kyle Walker-Peters before Friday's transfer deadline.

The south coast club are set to land defender Walker-Peters on an initial loan with talks ongoing over whether the deal will also include an option or obligation to buy for a fee of around £12m

I'll be sorry to see him go, as he is a Spur through-and-through, and I still don't think he was given a fair crack of the whip by Poch or Jose.
But I understand that for his own good, he needs to move on for his own well being and career. So I wish him well (apart from when he plays against us, obviously).

I understand the point of an option to buy, basically try before you buy, but why an obligation? With Lo Celso it was creative accounting to sweeten the deal for Betis but in most cases why wouldn't the buying club just buy the player outright if they are later obliged to anyway?

I understand the point of an option to buy, basically try before you buy, but why an obligation? With Lo Celso it was creative accounting to sweeten the deal for Betis but in most cases why wouldn't the buying club just buy the player outright if they are later obliged to anyway?
There's quite a few players we've signed on permanent deals that I wish had been set up as loans, think you know the ones I'm referring to!

Most of it is probably down to accounting reasons in some form or another.

Maybe to do with FFP.

Back
Top Bottom