Kyle Walker-Peters

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Barely troubled at all.

Nice that we can rely on KWP to play left back in these sort of games whilst giving Davies minutes, one of our back up right backs minutes and give Rose a rest.

Honestly, I have said it for a long time, I'd rather Walker-Peters right back and Aurier left back if they are the only two options. Reason being the kid deserves more starts there.

What does this kid need to do to get a run? Certainly he hasn’t been poor in the games he has had. MOTM in his debut, 3 assists in another...
I do get your point.

It seems to me that there MUST be something behind the scenes we are unaware of. Whether that is attitude, training or whatever I don't know.

There must be something though, it's the only explanation I can think of.

I do get your point.

It seems to me that there MUST be something behind the scenes we are unaware of. Whether that is attitude, training or whatever I don't know.

There must be something though, it's the only explanation I can think of.

I kind of get the Tripp’s playing today because of Llorente, but I also don’t. Peters is more than capable of getting the ball in the box

I kind of get the Tripp’s playing today because of Llorente, but I also don’t. Peters is more than capable of getting the ball in the box
Yeah, I agree.

My point was only that he's had 3 games, MOTM performances, assists (3 in 1 game) and is still not getting a game.
There has to be something more to it.

I don’t think there is anything of malcontent. I just think it is Poch being a bit gun shy honestly
Fair enough.
It just seems strange that he's more than willing to play Winks and Skipps in an arguably more important positions and then is reluctant to give KWP a run.

Skipps is more to do with injuries though.

Fair enough.
It just seems strange that he's more than willing to play Winks and Skipps in an arguably more important positions and then is reluctant to give KWP a run.

Skipps is more to do with injuries though.

My only thought is Poch has seen the smaller Tripp’s struggle against more physical played and well it is hard to argue that Kyle is bigger than Tripp’s. That being said, it’s about Technique and I think we can all agree that Kyle has a higher ceiling and is one of our most technical players.

Horrible on the penalty but thought he wasn’t bad outside of it. Would like to see him get more game time.

Top of my head, he’s made two horrible plays that have resulted in goals - today and Barca. Maybe Poch thinks he isn’t disciplined enough yet to get game time. Pure speculation.

Back
Top Bottom