Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neither have been given extended periods of first team football so would have to say it's a bit of an unknown how either will perform under such circumstances.

According to Premierleague.com

Trippier
107 apps 53 wins (49.5%)
Clean sheets: 28 (26%)
Tackle success: 67%
Assists: 18 (0.17 per game)
Aerial battles won: 155
Aerial battles lost: 122
Big chances created: 30 (0.28 per game)
Cross accuracy: 26%
Own goals: 1
Errors leading to goal: 2

KWP
9 apps 7 wins (77.8%)
Clean sheets: 3 (33%)
Tackle success: 67%
Assists: 5 (0.55 per game)
Aerial battles won: 5
Aerial battles lost: 13
Big chances created: 2 (0.22 per game)
Cross accuracy: 38%
Own goals: 0
Errors leading to goal: 0

Just a snapshot of some stats.

I know KWP's are only over 9 games. Interesting he has a higher cross % though.
Not just from these stats - it's obvious KWP really needs to work on his aerial game from watching him.
Trippier slagged off for mistakes and curling one in for Chelsea - but actually pretty low error count given the number of games played isn't it?

What really stands out for me though - 5 assists from 9 games. 18 assist from 107 games.

But KWP has only ever played against bottom 6 or 7 teams. He's picked easy assists at home to average teams. He was awful away to Southampton, imagine what he'd be like away to City or Liverpool. It's too horrific to think about.

But KWP has only ever played against bottom 6 or 7 teams. He's picked easy assists at home to average teams. He was awful away to Southampton, imagine what he'd be like away to City or Liverpool. It's too horrific to think about.

Oh for sure. And he fucked up against Barca - but made up for it really. Poch trusted him to start that game which says a lot to me.

The stats I mentioned were total premier league I realised - so included Trippier at Burnley.
For what it's worth, I will share something I just made up for my own reference. I do like a stat and am very aware how they can be manipulated and misleading.
The colours are purely for my eyes really. I didn't knock this up for public display - but may be of interest.

ZUlmGju.jpg

You can get stats looking really good for some players who only get minutes in the league cup or whatever. I know what it is, I'm not trying to make an argument for anything. It is what it is.

Good luck Trips, decent shift but a good time to upgrade.

That being said I hope we do actually upgrade and don't go into the season with what we have got. Shoehorning and developing is not what we need at this point - we need aggressive attacking threats at FB who can help us push on against packed defences.

Back
Top Bottom