Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bayern dont go for rubbish. I know i am sticking up for the lad again. Although to contradict myself a bit i remember them signing a lad from City who had done nothing with them. Then he did ok at Bayern. I can remember what he looks like. His name is not coming to me.

Jerome Boateng? The half brother of our very own Prince.

Tripps had a fucking awful season last season but the world cup will live long in European clubs memories. I'm expecting Poch to double down on the diamond this year, in which case we need a right back that provides different qualities to what Trippier will ever or has ever been able to provide. If true, we should be biting the hand off any of these linked big teams with big budgets.

Trips is a tidy player with a very strong creative output in the final third, it’s not a surprise that there is a lot of interest in him. He was one of the best players at the last World Cup and those performances are probably why foreign clubs are taking such an interest.

I personally think it’s going to be a challenge to find someone better than him but if he wants to leave and the offer is big, I suppose it’s fine. If he does leave we will miss him, I have no doubt about that. He’s one of the best crossers of the ball we’ve ever had and a very underrated passer. His bizarre errors last season don’t make him a bad player. I’d much rather move on the useless Aurier but nobody is interested in him.
Trippier is a very good player in the right system and formation, but I don’t think that is what Poch and the club are lucking to have moving forward. I also don’t think it would be hard to find a player that is a better fit for Spurs at RB, but I just don’t know how much of a priority it is for the club. There’s basically been no chatter around incoming RBs outside of Steven Sesssegnon who would be loaned back.

Yeah, if he stays and plays I'll support him.
I like the lad, but he wasn't at his best last season. Maybe with more rest this summer instead of a world cup he'll be better this season.
I'd rather we keep hold of him until we can get the right replacement instead of letting him go and trying to plug the hole with someone who isn't right or ready.

He’s not a terrible player, and the quality of teams that he has been linked to is proof of that. He’s just not an ideal fit for the prem or Poch anymore (feels weird to say this about an English player).

I’m sure a defensive master like Simeone will find a way to minimise his weaknesses.

Trippier is a very good player in the right system and formation, but I don’t think that is what Poch and the club are lucking to have moving forward. I also don’t think it would be hard to find a player that is a better fit for Spurs at RB, but I just don’t know how much of a priority it is for the club. There’s basically been no chatter around incoming RBs outside of Steven Sesssegnon who would be loaned back.
I’m very sure that they’ll use Aurier and KWP with Sissoko and Foyth in emergency and make a big push for Max Aarons next year after he’s had a year of Prem experience under his belt.

Great news if it means we finally sign a solid right-back, haven't got one in ages. However we are fucked if Poch somehow thinks we can do with Aurier, KWP and perhaps even Foyth.
I'm more than OK with Aurier (fitness permitting) and would be delighted for KWP to be playing instead of Tripps. I've doubts about Foyth playing there but as a 3rd choice to cover for injury for the ODD game then I'm also cool with that.

I love the links to Alves, whilst VERY short term he's still a heck of a player. The flip side to that is it blocks KWP's, unless we are aiming to ditch Auier too. Which I can more than live with if Alves was coming in.

It wouldn't be a surprise to learn that for me selling Tripps is brilliant news, nothing against him personally and to be fair to him he's been great value for £4m, but he's shit.

Great news if it means we finally sign a solid right-back, haven't got one in ages. We are fucked if Poch somehow thinks we can do with Aurier, KWP and perhaps even Foyth at RB.

I like KWP and think he could have a future with us.
He said himself he no longer see's himself as a young player any more. He needs to step up or move on now.
So for us to sign another RB after selling Trippier, I believe either Aurier or KWP need to go.

Ideally we sell Trippier, loan KWP for first team Prem football, give Serge another chance to up his game, but sign a RB who is 'guaranteed' to perform at a level above Trippier, Aurier or KWP would.

Who? It's a tough ask and suspect the lack of rumours around this area reflect that.

I'm more than OK with Aurier (fitness permitting) and would be delighted for KWP to be playing instead of Tripps. I've doubts about Foyth playing there but as a 3rd choice to cover for injury for the ODD game then I'm also cool with that.
Way too inconsistent for me and injury-prone and incredibly brainless at times, I don't trust him and would sell him as well.

I love the links to Alves, whilst VERY short term he's still a heck of a player.

Don't like the guy but in addition to my previous post, sell Trippier, bring in Avles for 1 year while KWP is on loan getting first time Premier league football, with Serge filling the gaps which will be provided due to Alves' age.

Sounds like a goer, but don't think Alves will end up a Tottenham player.

Great news if it means we finally sign a solid right-back, haven't got one in ages. We are fucked if Poch somehow thinks we can do with Aurier, KWP and perhaps even Foyth at RB.

We have Aurier, KWP, and Foyth. Haven't been linked to a RB all window.

I don't think a new RB is coming in

Way too inconsistent for me and injury-prone and incredibly brainless at times, I don't trust him and would sell him as well.
He's just a better footballer than Frodo. My biggest concern is his injury record, you can't add anything to the team if you are injured.

He's not top drawer and he is replaceable and some of our issues at RB will remain, it's just we've cut the biggest issue out which is half the battle.

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom