Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, all in all, we didn't lose the CL final on account of Tripps. I thought he had a decent enough game although he did needlessly pass the ball out of bounds down the wing on several occasions. If we have to make tough choices I say keep him, sell Aurier, promote KWP and spend the money in CM. Wan-Bissaka is awesome but we are just flat out not going to meet CPs asking price.

So passionate. He was in the crowd crying with our fans last night. I just wish everyone was like him. One of my faves. Obviously my fave is Harry.

In 35 league games, AWB has found a man with his crossing in just 9 of them, with the most being 3 against Watford. A total of 12 crosses in 3135 minutes of football.

In 27 league games, Trippier has not found a man with his crossing in 4 of them and has a total of 53 (completed) crosses in 2278 minutes of football.

AWB 11 games with a pass that led to a shot on goal made in them with a total number of 14 key passes in the league.

Trippier didn't make any key passes in 4 of his 27 league games and had a total number of 49 key passes.

I'm sure in a better team that AWB will treble/quadruple his passing/delivery and we (Harry especially) won't miss this from Tripps at all as we're always so creative all over the pitch when Eriksen/Dele doesn't fancy it.
/sarcasm
So basically Wan Bissaka isn’t an attacker and Trippier had a shit season.

Pretty much what I said.

People don’t like being “told so” but that’s usually because it means they were wrong, and when they realise WanBissaka is not some kind of right sided Roberto Carlos they are going to be all over him, slagging off Levy for buying mid table players and demanding KWP or Aurier start (yaaaaawwwwwn)

Ask yourself this....would replacing Trippier with wan Bissaka have helped us more in the final?
Or replacing Dele with Dybala or Rabiot or Bale?

That’s improvement instead of like for like in an area that’s not going to actually put the ball in the net. People want the club to be brave but can’t even admit to themselves that this team will be better off without their favorites in it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why you're debating this with me...the stats actually show that he's completing more accurate crosses and creating as much as he did last season...mind you, he hasn't had Harry to hit much this season.

His creativity and range of passing is on another level to AWB, but I fear he's going to be hounded out. The shit he gets on social media is ridiculous from some of our 'support'.

Imagine it was Tripps who gave away the handball in the final? I dont think it's a stretch to say the reaction would be quite a lot different to the treatment of the ex-scapegoat, Moussa Sissoko (who was utter shite in the game).

If he does go somewhere else, he'll do well and unless we find the new Philip Lahm (doubtful), the next right back will get it in the neck too, because it's an incredibly hard position to play in our system.

How anyone can keep a straight face and say he should go instead of Aurier (no brain or delivery) and KWP (no strength) is beyond me.

I'm not sure why you're debating this with me...the stats actually show that he's completing more accurate crosses and creating as much as he did last season...mind you, he hasn't had Harry to hit much this season.

His creativity and range of passing is on another level to AWB, but I fear he's going to be hounded out. The shit he gets on social media is ridiculous from some of our 'support'.

Imagine it was Tripps who gave away the handball in the final? I dont think it's a stretch to say the reaction would be quite a lot different to the treatment of the ex-scapegoat, Moussa Sissoko (who was utter shite in the game).

If he does go somewhere else, he'll do well and unless we find the new Philip Lahm (doubtful), the next right back will get it in the neck too, because it's an incredibly hard position to play in our system.

How anyone can keep a straight face and say he should go instead of Aurier (no brain or delivery) and KWP (no strength) is beyond me.
Wasn’t specifically at you, just rambled on generally....

Definitely prefer we were to keep him and sell Aurier and KWP but it seems we would get the most value out of Trips. Hes had a rough season for sure but wasnt that long ago he was one of the stand out players. Feel the same thing is happening with Dele. One poor season and everyone screams get rid.

DO NOT let him go. Juventus are after him. They dominate their own league and did well in the CL this season. Will be the same next time. So in other words, They are no mugs. They want our player. Says it all. Like i say he must not be let go.

Give over. What 10/12/14 million for a England International ?. Surely your opinion is not that low of him.

It's not low opinion you're coming up against here, it's low IQ and a general lack of backbone and support for the club. :)

Back
Top Bottom