Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That's on Poch - and he's paying for it. Utd most recently

Trippiers poor pass 90yrds from his goal was no more costly than Dele not scoring a simple 1 on 1 six yards from theirs though.

Rashford did what Dele, Kane and Son couldn’t in 21 attempts.
I’ve pointed to incidents in the past of Eriksen losing possession or pussying out of challenges outside our box that’s led to goals.

But as per, no one gives a fuck

Trippiers poor pass 90yrds from his goal was no more costly than Dele not scoring a simple 1 on 1 six yards from theirs though.
Actually - as the result proved - it was

Unless you are suggesting we should have shit defenders in our team as long our strikers can out-score their mistakes every game?

Unless you are suggesting we should have shit defenders in our team as long our strikers can out-score their mistakes every game?

But I don’t think he’s shit, I think he’s limited but a solid player who has suffered from a dip in form and injuries.

And it’s a simple fact, if Dele and Kane score their sitters, no one is talking about Trippier.

Of course the strikers misses were equally, if not more costly.
Trippiers poor pass was still preventable from being a goal on so many levels as he was deep in Utds half.
Lloris was awful on the goal, and couldnt do what de Gea did several times.

Deles miss gave zero chance of any other outcome than no goal, because his finish was so predictable, lazy and amateurish

I can imagine what people would have said if Janssen missed that. But a world class Dele and Kane misses are seen as “oh well”

Pep has dropped walker in recent games and now he’s come back into the side.

May do Trippier some good. Why are rose and Davies rotated more often? I’m sure KWP is good enough to get some more game time.

I remember many years ago considering whose fault a home defeat was? The defence or the attack? I decided that at home you are always vulnerable to a fantastic strike from the opposition, a fluke or an awful mistake by a defender. Therefore at home the team should always score twice. If you do that and draw or still lose then really the defence should be blamed. However if you do not score at all then you cannot win and it is the attacks fault.
Against MU we failed to score and that was why we did not win. We should expect to win every home match although in a season that is rare.
Bit simplistic and of course the whole team defends and attacks but the blame for that failure has to be placed at the feet and head of the attackers who failed to score numerous great opportunities.
Does not excuse Trippier's awful pass or Vertonghen not stopping Rashford but not the reason we did not win.

I liken his fall from the pedestal people have put him on to Dier. One full season of some pretty good play and then bam, a really good CM or RB in this case that we don’t need to improve on. We have quite a few of these in our ranks IMO.

Dier
Trippier
Davies
Lloris

These four have received high praise from a lot of fans. Lloris being the hardest to replace as he is world class at stopping shots, but for me he isn’t the best we can get.

Tripp’s has been found out more or less and he is struggling. He is very similar to Dier IMO. A mid table stud that is masquerading in a top 6 club.

Posted without comment, suffice to say I've posted in this thread to keep it topical and consistent with my comments for the past 3yrs.............

What Happens Next After A Cross: (click image to enlarge).
DyCGlf5U8AMDzFA.jpg

I know Totti Totti would probably disagree with me but I thought he was awful today.

:sonpoint:

I've tried to give both him and Aurier the benefit of the doubt but am now convinced that neither are good enough.

I know Totti Totti would probably disagree with me but I thought he was awful today.

:sonpoint:

I've tried to give both him and Aurier the benefit of the doubt but am now convinced that neither are good enough.

For me there's 5-6 players we can shave off the squad to make room for better talent long term, Trippier & Serge fall into that category I'm sure we could pull Everton's pants down moving him on and bringing in a real prospect etc.

He's done a fine job, stable & able but for me to improve the team more ambition in our fullback department is a necessity. No issues with him, he's been a great servant and been very good value for money but he shouldn't be first choice at a club boasting the likes of Eriksen, Son, Dele, Kane etc, the same unfortunately applies to Aurier who I've seldom seen enoughnof ro convince me he hasn't reached his ceiling in our colours.

the fact that we won today is quite amazing considering that Llorente, Skipp & Trippier offered very little in terms of meaningful contribution - that's a real positive.

For me, with the exception of Rose, all of our full-backs are below the required standard of a top top side. All can be decent on their day but not on a consistent basis.

Does he even know he’s a fullback?
I know that in the modern game the fullbacks help with the offense, and it is okay to call me old fashioned. But I bloody expect my fullbacks to be able to defend.

Barnes had free access to the inside of Kieran all game.

Great combo with Eriksen for the first goal tho.

I know that in the modern game the fullbacks help with the offense, and it is okay to call me old fashioned. But I bloody expect my fullbacks to be able to defend.

Barnes had free access to the inside of Kieran all game.

Great combo with Eriksen for the first goal tho.

Barnes looks a really good prospect.

We are too easily got at and that is about our ball retention as much as it is about positioning and natural aptitude.

Neither of our flanks defended well against Leicester, pointless to single out Trippier. The lack of power and guile in the middle meant we were incapable of pressing or screening when we didn't have the ball, they got through us in all areas of the pitch. Gray and Barnes were free to run into the box from any angle due to our shoddy midfield arrangement.

The 442 diamond might suit some of our forwards but it doesn't suit our midfield and defence. For 3 years they have played with two powerful players in front of the defence, ready to press and drop into the backline when needed. Now we play with Harry Winks as the deepest midfielder with Sissoko and Eriksen floating around the sides. It's always going to make our defence look bad, this is not the type of football they are used to playing.

I can't stand the bloke as a player, ZERO positional sense, has no recovery pace, never takes a player on, ball watches in the box constantly and gets caught over the top all the fucking time. A good right foot doesn't compensate for all the inadequacies imho.
He was a traffic cone yesterday there were a few points when he was passed around like a 9 year old moving towards the ball. And he always rightly or wrongly has his arm in the air-PLAY TO THE FUCKING WHISTLE
We need a proper right back this summer along with a proper CM.

Back
Top Bottom