Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was pleasantly surprised to see him back already yesterday and though he had a good game.

I think these injuries we’ve picked up could be a blessing later. Lots of players coming back look rested and sharp.
He's had this injury since World Cup. We can only expect that he, Aurier and KWP will rotate. I still find Poch's comments about his injury the other week saying that it was more in Tripps head than physical. Almost calling him to man the fuck up(???), but I'll leave rewriting and translation of what Poch says to the code breaker John Thomas.

(I thought he was shocking yesterday, Rose too)

He's had this injury since World Cup. We can only expect that he, Aurier and KWP will rotate. I still find Poch's comments about his injury the other week saying that it was more in Tripps head than physical. Almost calling him to man the fuck up(???), but I'll leave rewriting and translation of what Poch says to the code breaker John Thomas.

I hate it when he ends up parked 10yards inside the oppo half passing back into the RCB over and over with no inclination to beat a man.

Is this the amazing WB-play that gets lauded so often....?

I know you're not a fan of his crossing game on the whole, but it's his only strong attribute for me (feel a bit of a cunt for reaching this conclusion cos he has had some great games for club and country, but that's not the player we see week in week out).

As for DR... Just reaffirmed what i'd already believed... That despite the flack that BD gets for his delivery he's no worse than Rose.

Would like to see all our FBs work on their finishing too... Some of the back-poat finishes we failed to convert over the last couple of games could have proved crucial.

I don’t think either were shocking....their crosses were lacking, but they did their jobs at the back and Burnley were limited to 0 shots on goal all game.

The game almost bypassed the whole defence and was played in the final third.
A difficult game for everyone due to the opposistion and their “tactics”

I don’t think either were shocking....their crosses were lacking, but they did their jobs at the back and Burnley were limited to 0 shots on goal all game.

The game almost bypassed the whole defence and was played in the final third.
A difficult game for everyone due to the opposistion and their “tactics”
They had almost zero defending to do (3 or 4 corners and what 2 or 3 free kicks??), so nothing to see or judge on really. With +70% possession, we needed our FB's to stretch Burnley, draw them out of that blocked defence, create gaps, the only time this happened was Tripps in the first 10mins where I thought his short passes were doing just that but then he just started lumping it, hit a hope Championship stuff, which Burnley just dealt with so easily seeing they played with 5 CB's and blocking everything else. Fuck knows how many he tried yesterday well over double figures I should imagine (Rose not so many but also doing the same), both of them with the lowest pass completion out of the entire team, almost all of that stat to do with their crossing. Against a block defence your FB's can be your biggest threat, not to score but to move the brick wall around.

The only 2 caveats with Rose is he clearly was suffering with his shoulder and there is a variety with his game, he works over the oppo both physically and keeps them guessing as he will take on his opposite number either on the outside or inside.

I hate it when he ends up parked 10yards inside the oppo half passing back into the RCB over and over with no inclination to beat a man.

Is this the amazing WB-play that gets lauded so often....?

I know you're not a fan of his crossing game on the whole, but it's his only strong attribute for me (feel a bit of a cunt for reaching this conclusion cos he has had some great games for club and country, but that's not the player we see week in week out).

As for DR... Just reaffirmed what i'd already believed... That despite the flack that BD gets for his delivery he's no worse than Rose.

Would like to see all our FBs work on their finishing too... Some of the back-poat finishes we failed to convert over the last couple of games could have proved crucial.
I actually don't see passing back as the issue, I'd rather him do that so we can go avoid build up from his side of the pitch. I'd like us to try to overload the left, draw the oppo to that side of the pitch, then switch it over to him in space to attack the ball (he's been quite good at this, especially for England), he's also OK at short ball to a runner to the corner of the box. But these situations are only fashioned when he's got time on the ball (we've drawn the oppo away from him). But ask him to play out from the back progressively, no chance, if his marked then it goes back, if he's pressed aggressively he shits himself and his pass is hurried and out of control.

As I've said in another post re Rose, he does have variety, he gives his opposite number something to think about. But as much I love him before his injury the reality is he's put in one good performance (Barca) in two years!

They had almost zero defending to do (3 or 4 corners and what 2 or 3 free kicks??), so nothing to see or judge on really. With +70% possession, we needed our FB's to stretch Burnley, draw them out of that blocked defence, create gaps, the only time this happened was Tripps in the first 10mins where I thought his short passes were doing just that but then he just started lumping it, hit a hope Championship stuff, which Burnley just dealt with so easily seeing they played with 5 CB's and blocking everything else. Fuck knows how many he tried yesterday well over double figures I should imagine (Rose not so many but also doing the same), both of them with the lowest pass completion out of the entire team, almost all of that stat to do with their crossing. Against a block defence your FB's can be your biggest threat, not to score but to move the brick wall around.

The only 2 caveats with Rose is he clearly was suffering with his shoulder and there is a variety with his game, he works over the oppo both physically and keeps them guessing as he will take on his opposite number either on the outside or inside.

Trippier has been carrying an injury which he recently aggravated and I think he put in a good shift considering and did his job well, but his final ball was poor on the day.

I don’t see anything in his ( or Rose’s) performance to dig any further to be fair.
Had we drawn, I’d have laid the result firmly at the feet of the attackers. As with Barca, you can’t waste 4-8 “sitters” in a game and look at the right back for an excuse..

Trippier has been carrying an injury which he recently aggravated and I think he put in a good shift considering and did his job well, but his final ball was poor on the day.

I don’t see anything in his ( or Rose’s) performance to dig any further to be fair.
Had we drawn, I’d have laid the result firmly at the feet of the attackers. As with Barca, you can’t waste 4-8 “sitters” in a game and look at the right back for an excuse..
Make you right on some of that but we didn't create as much as we should have done, even half chances. When there is no defending at all to do their role to create the space for our attackers to do their thing in is what I looking for, ask more questions of the oppo.

I’ve seen a lot of people moan about Trippier, but I’ve always maintained his predecessor wasn’t the dream ticket either.

Rio Ferdinand brands Kyle Walker a ‘liability at the top level’ in leaked off-air comments accidentally aired during Chelsea's win over Manchester City

BT Sport pundit Rio Ferdinand branded Manchester City defender a “liability at the top level” in off-air comments accidentally circulated during Saturday’s shock 2-0 defeat against Chelsea.

Ferdinand was reviewing footage of the first half at Stamford Bridge alongside retired Chelsea midfielder Joe Cole and former Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha when he singled out Walker’s positioning in the lead-up to N’Golo Kante’s opening goal for criticism.

The comments were not intended for broadcast, but one Twitter user watching the match on a stream managed to catch them and subsequently shared them on social media.

“Look at Kyle Walker, sleeping,” Ferdinand said as he and Cole watched a replay of Chelsea’s first goal, during which Willian managed to steal a march on the City right-back. “Look at Kyle Walker.

“That's why England – if he plays - he'll always be a liability at the top level.”

Cole replied: “I'm with you. I'm not saying that though because his mate comes to the gym!

“Everyone talks about this Man City team being perfect, they’re not perfect. They will gift you that. They will give you that quick attack because Kyle Walker is playing as a winger.”

Walker had another stinker against Palace, to go with the ones against Lyon in the CL.

Maybe we should stop pining ....?

Last edited:
How many mistakes has he made this season that have directly cost us goals?

Today, Man City. He seems to be one of those players who has days where he doesn't even get out of bed mentally and is just absolutely fucking terrible. His passing today was atrocious.

Begs the question why he wasn’t subbed for KWP

Don't think there has been confirmation on whether or not Trippier had concussion, certainly played like he had.

Bringing KWP on for him would made sense though from that point on - ridiculous to risk it, especially with the amount of games we have coming up.

It ridiculous how underestimated KWP is, when he played he was superb on every fucking game but is never called into action agains, despite shocking performances from Trippier and the fact he's tired as fuck.

Do you ever notice that when an opposition player goes to press him, he just swings a fucking boot at the ball? He tries to make it look vaguely Hollywood, but it's usually a fucking Hail Mary ball that costs us possession. Fucking shits himself.

Back
Top Bottom