You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Kieran Trippier

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Tomo, 17 Jun 2015.

1. Stopspot

Nope.

• Like x 1
  2. 1882

Dunno, but he did have half his face pouring through his nose when he left the field on Saturday!!
    Just thought he could do with the time off!

3. RealCoolYid

Won't hurt if his nose ain't working :gio:

• Funny x 1
  4. Totti

Pochettino on Trippier:

I think it's the same problem, the same problem that started in the World Cup. If you remember the semi-final against Croatia, when he left the pitch. Then I think to play after three days against Belgium, I think maybe it affected a little bit. Now he's suffering in that situation. In situations like today when the pitch is not in a good condition, this area, the groin, suffers more when the pitch is different. It's a thing that we need to care a lot for him, protect him, he needs to work a lot to protect and sort that problem. It will be a long period for him suffering this type of problem. When I was in Argentina as a 19-year-old I suffered and it is an area that is difficult to sort out. But I don't believe it's a big thing. It's only he needs to start to accept that situation and live with sometimes some pain and play.

• Like x 3
  5. Spursidol

Certainly a shame, just when we thought he was back from injury.

Seems to me that something like a long term groin problem is bound to flair up if he plays games in quick succession, which in turn means Poch needs to 'ration' his games in some way - whether that's only playing once a week or 3 games and then 2 weeks off.

I'm still not convinced Aurier is the dogs doodas, so I'd hope that Walker-Peters gets a few games, including a short run or 3 or 4 games perhaps, which might allow him to finally take his chance - the 21 year old has been training with the first team for about 3 seasons now but only played in about 10 games (albeit with a couple of MOTM performances), so if he's not played now, it would be better for him to move on. And given that for England youth he's played at both RB and LB almost equally well, it would be a shame for Spurs to lose a full back able to operate on both sides.

6. Airfixx

Swollen Member

Given Poch's track record, he doesnt seem particularly motivated to play KWP.

Think we have to have a major rethink at FB in the summer.

Only one i'm 100% sold on is Davies but it's not like he couldn't be improved upon too.

7. Rhody Tottenham Fan

• Funny x 2
  8. Totti

Incredible they've put Pavard at 4th when he is literally a centre back and has played probably less than 20 games at right back throughout his whole career.

• Agree x 1
  9. Rhody Tottenham Fan

It's a pretty questionable top 100, but it is relatively kind to Spurs. Kane is #1 for strikers and the list also includes Eriksen, Dele, Jan, and Poch.

• Like x 1
  10. Totti

Wait.

Aubamayang, who has scored 1 more goal than Kane in the Premier League this season, isn't even in the top 10. How is that possible!?

• Funny x 1
  11. RealCoolYid

How is that possible

I hate the prick but he makes a top 10

12. KickHerInTheSponge

Character, like a photograph, develops in darkness

1) Speed merchant Gabonese Vardy
    2) 5 head
    3) Goal hanger offside hipster looking prat
    4) Eyebrow slits in 2018

13. Mariner

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info