You are currently browsing our forum as a guest. Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts - Sign up here

Player Kieran Trippier

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Tomo, 17 Jun 2015.

1. bus-conductor

I think he’s also not so bad in a 433, which also provides (or should) better lateral cover.

We played a 4231 Saturday (once Dembele went off), with a young Cm who’s not great defensively and an AM who’s not great period. And still asked our FB to contribute to the attack. It’s not rocket science to figure that’s not tactically the best set up.

• Agree x 1
  2. bus-conductor

Trippier has definitely become the new “Jenas”.

Foyth gave away two really stupid and needless penalties and Alderweireld’s ball watching for their disallowed goal was worse defending than anything Trippier did. But they seem to getting off very lightly.

Imagine if KWP or one of the academy kids gave away two stupid pens in one game? It would be “clearly nowhere near ready” or “can’t be trusted” etc.

Trippier fucked up trying to trick his way out of a corner, it was stupid - but their guy was no threat, he was turning away - and whatever others do that doesn’t absolve Foyth from defending like a schoolboy.

• Disagree x 1
  3. Belgian Spur

Supporter

Twitter:
    @teflon6
    who's the AM ? Lamela ?

4. justin

Great crosser , but that’s it .

• Agree x 4
  5. Juicy Sushi

Evil Numbers Enthusiast

If so, it's wrong I think. Lamela played alongside Kane as a forward when we dropped into a 442 defensively.

6. Juicy Sushi

Evil Numbers Enthusiast

Trippier is a great passer of the ball from wide. But he lacks the recovery pace and ability to read situations to function as a fullback for Pochettino. In a 343 or 352 when we have an extra centreback and his defensive side is less important, this isn't a problem, but lately, when we're playing 4231 or 433, he's an easy target to get behind.

• Agree x 1
  7. StripiestPilot

I think he’s a very good passer not just a crosser.

He is playing poorly in defense right now but so are all our defenders, we know he is much better than what we are seeing right now. Hopefully a little spell on the bench will wake him up a bit.

8. Guido

Do you think we didn't ask him to defend?

• Funny x 1
  9. Bazali

Argue all you want about Foyth making rash challenges leading to the penalties
    Maybe he did but he’s inexperienced and played well up to that point
    I didn’t think the second one was a penalty

But on Saturday the pair of our FBs were shocking other than Tripps cross leading to Lucas goal

Definitely our weak links and I dread Zaha and Andros running at them next Saturday

• Agree x 1
  10. pipes

Imagine how brutal this thread would be if he’d not set up a goal and had actually given away two penalties at the weekend....

• Funny x 1
  11. bk_spur

Tripps needs to show a little more bravery in aerial challenges. The missed clearance against Sterling was his if he wanted it. Instead he cowered a bit and took it on top-middle of his head rather than attacking it with the top-front portion.

He also needs to show a bit more maturity and awareness of his defensive capabilities. Maybe needs to sit back a bit deeper and focus on being ready to move with his mark and/or move with nearby runners.

He’s been poor defensively lately but can get back to good form with a little work and concentration. He’ll never be great in the air but that doesn’t mean he can’t be a good fullback.

• Like x 2
  12. ArjyBarjy

We switched to it most recently against man city. That's what it seems like from the stands anyway but I may have been drunk..

• Funny x 1
  13. HyNdZee

Trippier is a quality hard working player, going through very bad form.

14. The Swellhead Spur

You stupid cunt.

Even with his defensive errors he still offers more than Aurier

15. stevee

#1415 stevee, 7 Nov 2018
    Last edited: 7 Nov 2018
    Just a small point on Tripps, I saw on the match thread some people having a pop at him 'cos of the foul he gave away near the end.
    Maybe it was just tension and nerves from those people, but the foul happened because there was a total fuck up between Sanchez and Toby with neither one of them going to head the ball and allowing it to bounce.

• Like x 1
  16. SideShowBob

Neither Trippier nor Serge are really good enough, in my reckonings.
    I slightly prefer Aurier, as he is liable to do something shocking, could be tragically bad or sublimely good, you never know...
    Trippier just looks like someone who would torment you for a chip outside a pub at 3am..

• Funny x 2
    • Disagree x 1
  17. Spurs_Bob

I took an arrow in the knee.

18. spursmalc

19. 1882

20. Totti

Has Lamela withdrawn from international duty?

Draft saved Draft deleted
If you see people ruining threads with off-topic discussion, arguing or personal abuse, use the 'Foul' link at the bottom of their post to vote for them to be sent off. More info