Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Almost everything they attempted, which admittedly was very little, came down their left (our right). I wonder why yet another team has decided to attack our right flank, game after game, after game the story is the same. What do other coaches see I wonder, a weak link?

Knockaert had him on toast and there was another of their players that sat him down on his arse with a lovely neat turn inside. And then there was that 1v1 moment aginst Kayal on 65/66 mins was pure Keystone cops. That was our biggest let off in the entire match, their best chance and should have scored.

He doesn’t look comfortable defending in a back 4, much better suited to us playing a back 3

Almost everything they attempted, which admittedly was very little, came down their left (our right). I wonder why yet another team has decided to attack our right flank, game after game, after game the story is the same. What do other coaches see I wonder, a weak link?

Knockaert had him on toast and there was another of their players that sat him down on his arse with a lovely neat turn inside. And then there was that 1v1 moment aginst Kayal on 65/66 mins was pure Keystone cops. That was our biggest let off in the entire match, their best chance and should have scored.

His positioning in a back four is all wrong, he's always too high and doesn't have the pace to recover.

Sometimes a full back just needs to sit in tight next to the centre backs, we are leaving too many holes across our back four.

He’s definitely better offensively than defensively.
Anyway that’s another nutmeg on the way to a goal.
Luke Shaw for Mouras first at OT
And yesterday.

Think the team wanted to prove a point too much yesterday.
They felt they could get more goals and probably should have.
But at 90+ mins you should really be trying to keep the ball.

It felt like a loss when they scored.

On another point if anyone has the game recorded after the 2nd goal, when Hughton got angry have a look

Looked like he said” fucking rubbish, fucking Rose”

I've defended Tripps a lot on here, but that was a shocking performance in the first half. He improved after half time but there is just no defending him for their goal.
Awful

He was a train wreck in the first half and only marginally better after the break. One of the worst bits of defending I've seen since the Ginger Pele - the header and the byline 'recovery'.

I've defended Tripps a lot on here, but that was a shocking performance in the first half. He improved after half time but there is just no defending him for their goal.
Awful

Made worse by him appearing to blame Loris for not coming out

Poch needs to drop him and Davies

Made worse by him appearing to blame Loris for not coming out

Poch needs to drop him and Davies

I do think Lloris has a much too deep starting position, its what gets him in trouble when he does take the rush of blood. Their keeper showed how a genuine sweeper keeper should be.

I do think Lloris has a much too deep starting position, its what gets him in trouble when he does take the rush of blood. Their keeper showed how a genuine sweeper keeper should be.

Ok but the goal was 100% Trippiers fault

Ok but the goal was 100% Trippiers fault

Oh no doubt, but the Hugo doesn't give the defence confidence whether he's coming out or staying. He's a 31 year old World Cup winning captain who needs someone to help him out with goalkeeping 101.

Their keeper would have been out and stopped everything. But the ball never had to come near our box.

His effort was embarrassing on the goal. Sterling skinned him and he is just jogging slowly while they score.
Yeah that pissed me off aswell, I understand it’s difficult to make a tackle in the box knowing that Sterling is a pro diver but he didn’t bother to put him in a more difficult position.

Back
Top Bottom