Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I mean more due to his age. 27 already - 29 when the Euros come around. I'm hoping that he continues to improve in order to cement the spot in the side and he's not usurped by someone younger.

"Ok gaffer, you twisted my arm; i'll come to Qatar, but seriously, that bloke to my left... The one that fucks up all the time.... Briefly had spell at City.... He's gotta go..."

"What's that you say, Garreff? ... £50m+ World record for a full back????? ....Faaaaaak Oooooorf!!!!"

"Still, so John Stones isnt a CB by trade then? .... Makes some sense now at least....... Wait... Whadya mean? ...
That other guy?????"

We had the player that created the most chances, yet beat only Iran as the team with most chances created? Crazy stats
That's because they are crazy stats...that now famous stat is bullshit, it wasn't chances created, it was shots on target.....from open play. A deliberately skewed stat to put England in a poor light.

That's because they are crazy stats...that now famous stat is bullshit, it wasn't chances created, it was shots on target.....from open play. A deliberately skewed stat to put England in a poor light.

The stat of shots on target from open play (stupid stat) had us bottom didn't it?

Would be interesting to know how many chances every team created from open play. I imagine we would be pretty low. Most of our goals have been set pieces or penalties.

And as we know, we barely created anything from open play. Especially for Kane (even his chance against Croatia wouldn't have counted due to it being ruled out for offside)

Stones didn't see him from the blind side - still poor agreed

Stones the centre back didn't track a striker strolling into the penalty area, elementary defending and totally his fault. Every single goal conceded by England at this world cup from Walker conceding the penalty against Tunisia all the way to Jones embarrassing himself against Hazard were due to elementary defensive errors (non of which were due to Trippier) and until England have high class defenders we will never win anything.

The stat of shots on target from open play (stupid stat) had us bottom didn't it?

Would be interesting to know how many chances every team created from open play. I imagine we would be pretty low. Most of our goals have been set pieces or penalties.

And as we know, we barely created anything from open play. Especially for Kane (even his chance against Croatia wouldn't have counted due to it being ruled out for offside)
But it's all bullshit, you don't get extra points for goals from open play...goals count no matter how they are scored.

But it's all bullshit, you don't get extra points for goals from open play...goals count no matter how they are scored.

It can highlight a lack of creativity though from open play - but we don't need stats to prove that to us.

So Eriksen needs to start learning how to head. Someone else will take the corners.:eriksenserious:

Eriksen would just take them from the left hand side wouldn't he? Like Ashley Young did for England?

In fact, I think when both Eriksen and Lamela are on the pitch, Lamela tends to take them from one side and Eriksen the other anyway.

Though I think it'd be a smart move to have Trippier on set pieces next season. He's proven how good he is from them at this tournament. Eriksen hovering at the edge of the box would be a smart move.

Eriksen would just take them from the left hand side wouldn't he? Like Ashley Young did for England?

In fact, I think when both Eriksen and Lamela are on the pitch, Lamela tends to take them from one side and Eriksen the other anyway.

Though I think it'd be a smart move to have Trippier on set pieces next season. He's proven how good he is from them at this tournament. Eriksen hovering at the edge of the box would be a smart move.

Hopefully also Trippier, Kane and Dier can persuade Poch to try the England train at corners as it worked and Spurs do not score enough goals from corners.

Back
Top Bottom