Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Decent as in top 4 Standard?
I think that’s what some are concerned about.
I’m really not sure if he is.
He had a poor game last night against very poor opposition.
I’m pretty sure we will see Aurier against the Hammers.

Who are these fabulous second choice right backs the rest of the top teams in the world has then ?

Who are these fabulous second choice right backs the rest of the top teams in the world has then ?
He isn’t regarded as second choice though. Poch has played him more often than Aurier.
And at the back end of last year, he played more often & in more important games than walker.
I watched him very carefully last night & he didn’t beat his man once. Almost every pass was backwards. Defensively he was ok. No more than ok. This was the type of game where I genuinely expected him to be putting cross after cross into Llorente & even taking into account the awful conditions, what did he offer in that game?

It was a standard Trippier performance.

- Get a nose bleed when venturing forward.
- Get scared at the thought of beating a man.
- Side ways and backwards passing to play it safe.
- Crosses more often then not missing their target.

Davies wasn't any better to be honest and both showed yesterday how much we need to improve both. Luckily we have Aurier who doesn't get a nose bleed when venturing forward, is aggressive and always willing to attack his opposing full back, imagine Aurier running against a Martin Olsson who was on a yellow card!

Davies wasn't any better to be honest and both showed yesterday how much we need to improve both. Luckily we have Aurier who doesn't get a nose bleed when venturing forward, is aggressive and always willing to attack his opposing full back, imagine Aurier running against a Martin Olsson who was on a yellow card!

Lazy (and short memoried) to lump Davies in with that critique...

BD is just susceptible to rust... He was quality for most of last season as he was this season until the rotation with Rose kicked in. No issue with him being our #1 for the foreseeable; in fact I'd prefer it compared to the snakey gobshite in our ranks.

Davies was good last night, in the first half 99% of every attack we had came down the left. Swansea went for the space behind Davies in the 2nd half (they also targeted the space behind Tripps) but Davies got back almost every time with a tackle or block, I can only think of one chance where they got a shot off and that was the shot that went straight at Hugo towards the near post, their only shot on target (if there was another attack that resulted in another shot without a block or tackle, fair play just going off memory). The other thing is Davies can beat the oppo press by creating triangles with the midfield, Trips just goes backwards or hits it long conceding possession instantly.

Trips contributed nothing forwards and nothing defensively, like Davies they found space behind him but he never makes a recovery run, just watches the oppo run towards Sanchez. With pushed up fullbacks the space is always there to attack and most teams try to exploit this but it rarely comes off, it's a trade off.

Fuck taking anything from last nights game for ANY player, positive or negative. Ludicrous conditions. This board is so hot and cold on our backs. Trippier is fine, hasn't played his best, and Poch will yank him if he continues to have poor form, especially as Aurier becomes more accustomed to the team.

Hey Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦
Superb tonight eh?
Love you as a poster, but supporting Sissoko & slating Trippier? That’s hilarious mate. One is a substandard right back. The other is a fcucking clown. If you want to slate Trippier, fair enough, but please don’t post in the “I love Sissoko” thread.
Trips put in a shift today. More product in that game than Sissoko all season.

Back
Top Bottom