Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Iv'e always rated him highly so not in the least bit surprised he has done so well this season.
I do think another right back/right wing back is needed though should Walker leave (can't just rely on Trippier the whole season).

Iv'e always rated him highly so not in the least bit surprised he has done so well this season.
I do think another right back/right wing back is needed though should Walker leave (can't just rely on Trippier the whole season).

All correct and in part Trippier and obviously Wanyama in a different way ask the previous incumbents to firstly rise to the challenge or through their own personal development allow for movement, as is likely with Walker.

In all clubs you need competition but also succession planning.Even now and as unpalatable as it may sound I would like to think we are pondering the next manager just in case the unthinkable occurs.

But yes, what Trippier has done is allow Pochettino to contemplate Walker's sale and in doing so is now showing real confidence and assurance.

All correct and in part Trippier and obviously Wanyama in a different way ask the previous incumbents to firstly rise to the challenge or through their own personal development allow for movement, as is likely with Walker.

In all clubs you need competition but also succession planning.Even now and as unpalatable as it may sound I would like to think we are pondering the next manager just in case the unthinkable occurs.

But yes, what Trippier has done is allow Pochettino to contemplate Walker's sale and in doing so is now showing real confidence and assurance.

I've heard there's more thought put into succession planning now. Bloody well should be too. The fall out after Redknapp left for instance left us with one completely wasted season. If Poch carries on pulling up trees It's unrealistic not to assume one of the big Spanish clubs wont make an approach at some stage. (And I think the Espanyol connection is a bit of a red herring re Barcelona).

I've heard there's more thought put into succession planning now. Bloody well should be too. The fall out after Redknapp left for instance left us with one completely wasted season. If Poch carries on pulling up trees It's unrealistic not to assume one of the big Spanish clubs wont make an approach at some stage. (And I think the Espanyol connection is a bit of a red herring re Barcelona).

It might well be a red herring, but then Pochettino should stop bigging it up every time someone asks him about Barcelona. It's his own words.

I'm more worried about Paris Saint Germain, or perhaps even Bayern Munich personally.

Yep very true.

Just about us being ready for all eventualities as a club but hoping to continue to progress, although after this sesson that will be very hard.

But Pochettino at present seems to excel in player development in the way that Wenger used to and he is very much the catalyst and the glue.

If we can fend off the vultures this summer and get into the new stadium with the majority of the current crop intact well who knows what is possible.

But right now I believe the Premier League is the most competitive it has ever been if not necessarily with the best players.

Whoever we bring in will most likely be behind Trippier. Poch rotates but I doubt we will bring in someone more experienced or older than Trippier

For the long haul, trippier is a better bet than walker imo. Walker is a monster athlete, but that doesn't stay with a player forever, football ability does.

Our system means players don't get isolated so think the walker's pace getting him out of trouble argument is a bit overstated.

For the long haul, trippier is a better bet than walker imo. Walker is a monster athlete, but that doesn't stay with a player forever, football ability does.

Our system means players don't get isolated so think the walker's pace getting him out of trouble argument is a bit overstated.
Trippier's delivery about matches Walker's pace. I'm excited to see what Poch can do with a young full back, don't forget we have two Kyle Walkers

As much as I want Walker to stay and be our first choice right back, I am very happy for Trippier's contribution this season and it will help us in the longer run having him as a very capable alternative.

Congratulations to him because he is a Spurs player, always great to see this. Also, another feather in the cap for Poch getting yet another first cap for a player, this will continue be a big draw for our recruitment of English footballers and the retention of the talents within our academy who get better offers from the likes of Chelsea and City.

But on a serious note, I still don't rate him. He is a poor defender and his technically average. I still see his delivery as low percentage.

A FB defined by (and almost exclusively rated according to) his crossing ability..... Modern football eh?

Not a dig at KT, but c'mon, some of you need to get a little perspective.

Hate to say it but against a decent team and outside of our system (i.e. for England) I could see him being seriously exposed...

Him Vs Martial a couple of weeks ago should at the very least provoke cautionary concern; seen that scenario before.

A FB defined by (and almost exclusively rated according to) his crossing ability..... Modern football eh?

Not a dig at KT, but c'mon, some of you need to get a little perspective.

Hate to say it but against a decent team and outside of our system (i.e. for England) I could see him being seriously exposed...

Him Vs Martial a couple of weeks ago should at the very least provoke cautionary concern; seen that scenario before.

This is why I like him as our #2 RB. He is good to have when we play weaker teams. I'd prefer a stronger defender against teams that won't just sit back against us.

Back
Top Bottom