Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently going to be offered a new contract.

Throught he could be a major liability against Sanchez heaters but really stuck to his task. Made a few nice defensive plays.

Most assists from a fullback this season (5) despite not playing many Prem games.

Brilliant.

2016/17 Premier League Stats

Trippier: 12 Apps (W10, D1, L1) - 5 Assists - 5 'Big Chances Created' - 29 Crosses (24% Accuracy)
Walker: 33 Apps (W21, D8, L4) - 5 Assists - 4 'Big Chances Created' - 96 Crosses (14% Accuracy)

Stats suggest he's a different type of player, with a higher attacking output, yet the defensive stats look good too.

He gets better with a run in the team, and could be well worthy of replacing Kyle if he goes, imo.

Trippier has a great attitude by the looks of things, and is particularly good at creating assists. For me, Walker is still the better all round player, and I hope he stays with us and the rumours prove to be BS. But it is a great situation to be in where if he did go we have a great player to step into his shoes.

Trippier has a great attitude by the looks of things, and is particularly good at creating assists. For me, Walker is still the better all round player, and I hope he stays with us and the rumours prove to be BS. But it is a great situation to be in where if he did go we have a great player to step into his shoes.
He plays as if Poch just plucked him out of the stands. Completely excited anytime we score a goal and just happy to be part of the team. A Poch player through and through.

2016/17 Premier League Stats

Trippier: 12 Apps (W10, D1, L1) - 5 Assists - 5 'Big Chances Created' - 29 Crosses (24% Accuracy)
Walker: 33 Apps (W21, D8, L4) - 5 Assists - 4 'Big Chances Created' - 96 Crosses (14% Accuracy)

Stats suggest he's a different type of player, with a higher attacking output, yet the defensive stats look good too.

He gets better with a run in the team, and could be well worthy of replacing Kyle if he goes, imo.

Walker has played in more of the tougher games though and his pace can get us out of trouble. Trippier is better going forward but there's no way he's as good at Walker defensively. Martial had him on toast all game last week.

If we lose Walker I would expect us to play 352 more. Trippier is a better footballer IMO than Walker and certainly in attacking situations with his passing, crossing and even dribbling you see that but Walker is a monster athlete.

In 352 Dier operates as the full back in defensive situations a lot allowing Trippier to virtually operate as a winger, in 4231 there is more pressure on the full back to get up and down and that favours Walker.

Unless we buy another athlete at RB I think 352 or 3421 will become our standard formation. We are very lucky that Verts and Dier are mobile enough to play as both CB's but also share full back responsibilities.

Walker has played in more of the tougher games though and his pace can get us out of trouble. Trippier is better going forward but there's no way he's as good at Walker defensively. Martial had him on toast all game last week.

Statistically he's marked as having better defensive %'s, but let's not get all sushi!

I would be interested to see how we'd get on with Trippier as a regular, should we decide to.

He's a fantastic back up player and a true professional. Great to have him at Spurs. But he ain't in the same class as Kyle Walker

I think they're far closer than people want to admit.

On top of that they also have different strengths.

Walker - Solid defensively. great pace, great stamina, average technical ability, mediocre crossing.
Tripper - Good defensively but sometimes naive, good pace but not lightning, good stamina, great technical ability, great crossing.

Back
Top Bottom