Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hard to drop him after this performance, how would it be trying walker a lb for Davies?

Can't see him on the left tbh, very hard to drop him though, but seems to be working well rotating him and Walker, keeps them both fresh, just a shame we don't have a equal replacement for Rose, no dissrespect to Davies but he just doesn't offer the same going forward like Rose does.

As much as I love Walker I honestly think Trippier has done enough for an extended run in the team, what he lacks in pure athleticism he more than makes up for with precise delivery, I think he's more dangerous going forward simply for that regard!

As much as I love Walker I honestly think Trippier has done enough for an extended run in the team, what he lacks in pure athleticism he more than makes up for with precise delivery, I think he's more dangerous going forward simply for that regard!

You definitely want Walker for the bigger games. His speed and athleticism can get us out of trouble in a way Tripper can't.

sitting high up in North yesterday, so perfect view of the whole length of the pitch. From the off Trippier had it nailed, staying wide, first time crosses and passes onto a sixpence, like an artist.

He's clearly got a very good brain for the game, understands it very well.

My son and I were enthusing about him all game, his vision, movement, passing, crossing, all immaculate.

I don't think its an exaggeration to say that if he had Walker's pace he'd be the best RB on the planet.

Souness in Sunday T today saying that he'd be 1st choice RB at MU and City.

Pundits are trying to get our entire squad sold on to "bigger" teams...

Won't happen not what or Poch is here you only have to here Lloris say my future is with Poch recently. We keep Poch we keep the squad we lose Poch and it could turn to shit.

Poch is the most important individual at our club. I'd never thought we our recent (last few decades) history of shit managers and brilliant players I'd say that.

sitting high up in North yesterday, so perfect view of the whole length of the pitch. From the off Trippier had it nailed, staying wide, first time crosses and passes onto a sixpence, like an artist.

He's clearly got a very good brain for the game, understands it very well.

My son and I were enthusing about him all game, his vision, movement, passing, crossing, all immaculate.

I don't think its an exaggeration to say that if he had Walker's pace he'd be the best RB on the planet.

Souness in Sunday T today saying that he'd be 1st choice RB at MU and City.
He played well, I don't want to take that away from him but his first 15mins he didn't win a single tackle, gave away about 4(??) fouls that if it wasn't Watford we were up against we could have been in genuine trouble. One swallow doesn't make a summer. Walker is on a completely different level up and has shown his quality all season long.

At times Trip was struggling to contain the Watford left winger. He has outstanding delivery but Walker is a much better defender. For that Walker will be my first choice. Maybe we can try having both in with 352. Three at the back with Walker at right sided back three, Trip being right wing back

Hard to drop him after this performance, how would it be trying walker a lb for Davies?
Might work putting Tripps on the left instead of Walker provided he can cross inwards as good. Both might be very one sided, but Walker need his touchline to get past people. As opposed Tripps way to move forward is by passing and getting into dangerous position late.

Pundits are trying to get our entire squad sold on to "bigger" teams...
Funny how no other clubs' best players are being 'Touted' in the same way to US!
Is it cos they all know deep down there are only one, maybe two players in Europe who could improve us right now...
And SLKY wouldn't DARE upset the club's they're currently at by suggesting they should move away to 'little' Spurs!

Last edited:
ZoC ZoC Over to you me old mucka!

Thought I'd have a go at this. Just a twist on the usual type of thing they do, except honouring Trips. Hard to know where the sweet spot is

trippy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom