Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Trippier has steadily improved during this season and I regard him as a very important part of the squad now. I think Walker improves with having Trippier around too, as he can no longer afford to switch off as he has done too much earlier seasons.

Trippier made it into Crooks's team of the week:

Garth Crooks' team of the week: De Gea, Mahrez, Firmino

Although i'm not sure what fucking game he was watching???!
an astute observation Girth, nothing to separate the teams apart from the 26 goal attempts vs their 3, 8 on target against their 0, and our 2/3rds of the possession against their 1/3. They even only managed to register 9 fouls against our 12.
So in summary Girth, they couldn't have fucked things up any more if they had gone to Newcastle.
Awesome analysis

Last edited:
Probably got his props in the match thread, but i feel young Kieran's display last night more than deserved a bump.

Maybe it's that his final ball is SOOOO much better than Walker's that it makes it really aparant.
Maybe he's just very good at crossing the ball.

Bit quieter in the second half as he had more to deal with in front of his own goal but i'm more than happy with him as a substitute now. Maybe even an argument for him starting over Walker in certain games where we actually need to make some width count.

Last edited:
Probably got his props in the match thread, but i feel young Kieran's display last night more than deserved a bump.

Maybe it's that his final ball is SOOOO much better than Walker's that it makes ite really aparant.

Bit quieter in the second half as he had more to deal with in front of his own goal but i'm more than happy with him as a substitute now. Maybe even an argument for him starting over Walker in certain games where we actually need to make some width count.
Thought second half he struggled and was often out-numbered when defending

Put some good cross in going forward

Maybe it's that his final ball is SOOOO much better than Walker's that it makes it really aparant.

I must admit, I am surprised to read this interesting how people see a match differently. I thought he was just OK. Thought he had a poor second half. That being said I think it has more to do with how fucking good Walker has been. Just on another level of class at the moment. Same can be said on other side with Rose/Davies. THose two lads have been absolutely top drawer so it seems like we are missing something when one of them doesn't play.

Better full back than Davies for me, we miss rose more than walker when either is out of the team as Davies don't give much going forward.

If only we could combine Trippier and Walker, we'd have the perfect fullback.

I thought he was much better in the first half, but he had a good second half too. His crossing was brilliant, created our best two chances in the first half with the Alli and Janssen headers. With how poor we were second half, didn't get much more chances to whip crosses in the second half.

Surprised he doesn't take our corners.

Watching on BT last night and heard that idiot Owen Hargreaves say how underrated Trippier's crossing is...how do these cunts manage to get paid for coming up with gems like that?

Watching on BT last night and heard that idiot Owen Hargreaves say how underrated Trippier's crossing is...how do these cunts manage to get paid for coming up with gems like that?

He's probably right to be fair. Trippier been with us 2 seasons (Okay, 1 and a bit) and only 15 pages. Bit harsh on him, considering he's not put a foot wrong. He's the best crosser in the squad.

He's probably right to be fair. Trippier been with us 2 seasons (Okay, 1 and a bit) and only 15 pages. Bit harsh on him, considering he's not put a foot wrong. He's the best crosser in the squad.

Yep. His crosses have the right amount of power and ACCURACY. Love to see him get a start at midfield. I think he could really add to the attack.

He really isn't that good. Defensively he is easily beaten, when pressed he doesn't have the skill to playout through the press comfortably, the only time we looked panicked at the back is when he is playing.

He has performed OK when he has been called upon, he is not a calamity by any stretch. His crosses are on the whole good but the reality is in all the time he has been with us his wonderful crosses have resulted in one solitary goal!!! This isn't to do with his crosses per say, it's to do with the fact we don't have Andy Carroll, Benteke or Lukkaku as our CF we are not set up for this style. So what is the fucking point of him?

He is our weakest link, our worst player by virtue he doesn't fit Poch's style (want he wants from his FB's). Another nail in the coffin for Mitchell too no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom