Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sour grapes eh, Kieran? Shame, such comments put him in Steve Carr Territory. He was better, but almost forgotten due to the rubbish he said

Don‘t forgot who made you, good riddance.

"playing for one of the best managers in he world..." Oh you fucking cunt
Very poor comments overall - comes across as a biter cunt when in actual fact he was never anything more than an average player with the odd decent game. That WC freekick got to his mind it seems - hope he gets found out badly. He’s not even Prem quality anymore since he couldn’t get a local deal. Fans wishing in all the best - he’s just taken a dump on us. Chav prick - hope we draw them in the CL na Lucas and Son rip him a new one

They may or may not be, who would have thought that nobodies like Robertson and Alexander-Arnold would become two of the best full backs in Europe? Players with talent will always succeed with Pochettino if they are ready to work hard.

What annoys me is the idea that Trippier is some scrub who belongs in the Championship. Just because he was a cheap signing from Burnley doesn’t make him shit. Overall he was a very good player for us over 4 years and had an exceptional World Cup, to join Atletico and have interest from Juve, Napoli, Bayern etc says everything. He didn’t deserve the pure hatred he got from many fans last season, all our defenders were shite yet because he’s an English lad with a daft barnet he got dogs abuse. If he was some Belgian who’d cost us £40m people would be falling over themselves to make excuses for him. I’m not surprised he wanted to leave.

Nice rant, but that doesn't exactly fit with his citing "behind the scenes" issues..... His refusal to acknowledge Poch or the coaching team here speaks for itself.

It seems clear that Kieran is at least a little bent out of shape by his transfer out this window. To some extent, and for various reasons, I can see this as understandable.

Still, it’s a shame his exit wasn’t a mutually planned and/or appreciated event, and more so that he feels the need to make these sorts of waves about it after the fact.

That said, I don’t hold any ill will towards the guy. He played well for us over a solid stretch, and worked hard on the pitch, despite his flaws.

Hope he gets over his hump sooner rather than later though, for his own sake more than ours. At a great club, in a new country, surely there are bigger things to concern himself with at this point.

All the best Kieran, hope you do well.

They may or may not be, who would have thought that nobodies like Robertson and Alexander-Arnold would become two of the best full backs in Europe? Players with talent will always succeed with Pochettino if they are ready to work hard.

What annoys me is the idea that Trippier is some scrub who belongs in the Championship. Just because he was a cheap signing from Burnley doesn’t make him shit. Overall he was a very good player for us over 4 years and had an exceptional World Cup, to join Atletico and have interest from Juve, Napoli, Bayern etc says everything. He didn’t deserve the pure hatred he got from many fans last season, all our defenders were shite yet because he’s an English lad with a daft barnet he got dogs abuse. If he was some Belgian who’d cost us £40m people would be falling over themselves to make excuses for him. I’m not surprised he wanted to leave.

LOL Trippier is barely average and was made to look better because of the players around him

Not sure he said much out of order there. Just the usual platitudes a player says when they join a new club plus a comment suggesting there was some negative shit in the background with us that prompted his move. He was sold at a low price so it makes sense if the club wanted to get rid of him for some other reason. Bust up with Poch?

5 minutes out the door and he's already throwing Poch and the club under the bus. Never rated him as a player but always thought he was a decent bloke, but this is just a low blow really.
FYI Kieran, you were shit last season and have been a bang average player for the majority of your time here, apart from one purple patch at the end of 16/17. And now he's talking like he's some big shot. Good riddance.

He was also the most offensively productive RB in 17/18 too. And in his time with us, only Eriksen created more chances (pm on the pitch).

He said absolutely fuck all in that interview that should offend anyone and certainly threw no one "under a bus".

A trait of Tripp’s was to point and argue with all those around him after each one of his calamitous fuck ups, whilst pulling up his socks.

I think the problems behind the scenes he referred to are more likely to do with disagreements/arguments with other players, with them sick of him fucking up then turning around to blame them. I suspect he wasn't Mr Popular in the dressing room.

Something definitely happend to him last season, his form fell off a cliff and he lost his confidence completely. Either way this is good business and we need youth in this position. I’m sorry to see them tout Rose around to everyone but same applies .

I think the problems behind the scenes he referred to are more likely to do with disagreements/arguments with other players, with them sick of him fucking up then turning around to blame them. I suspect he wasn't Mr Popular in the dressing room.
I actually think he got on well with quite a few in the squad, his blaming others on the pitch when he fucked up did get on my tits though. As did running with his arm up in the air making out the player that has got behind him for the 10th time is off side, now we all know he was a tortoise but he’s so thick that he didn’t release that you can run a bit faster without putting one up in the air.

Without any doubt his inability with the ball at his feet causes issues to those around him, players expecting to lose the ball or not even show for it. Not track back meaning that they had to all takes its toll.

But on the whole I think he got on well with everybody

throwing poch and the club under the bus?? what are you talking about? he said things happened behind the scenes he doesn t want to go into detail. that could be anything. from Serge touching his villy or the board room realising he wont take us to the next level. Tidy footballer but just to slow and small for his position. I m not sad he left. I freaking love a fast fulback with stamina to get 95min up and down the pitch. It s like having an extra man on the field and if we sell Rose we haven t improved the squad one bit. We just plug a hole to open 2 new ones

I'd imagine some of the players like Foyth got tired of being called out by Trippier for his own mistakes.
I also expect Poch told him to stop being so shit in training and this has caused him to lash out.

Back
Top Bottom