Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think much changes for him in that regard, winning the title is still pretty unlikely, we can win a domestic cup as well (actually 2 cup competitions) and nobody can convince me that they've got necessarily more chance of winning the CL than we do.

In the last 5 years they’ve won La Liga, the Copa Del Rey, the Europa League and the Super Cup while also being runners up twice both in the Liga and Champion’s League. They are miles ahead of us.

In the last 5 years they’ve won La Liga, the Copa Del Rey, the Europa League and the Super Cup while also being runners up twice both in the Liga and Champion’s League. They are miles ahead of us.
Not in 2019 anymore and without the likes of Godin, Griezmann and Rodri. The odds on Atletico winning the CL and Spurs winning the CL next season are more or less the same at any bookmaker, which seems perfectly reasonable.

Last edited:
1/10 on Skybet to go to Atletico. That's usually the odds indicating done deal. Good move for him and for us. He needed a change.

We'll need to sign a replacement. Aurier can't be relied on to be fit and Foyth is still unproven. I've been pretty clear my thoughts on KWP. No where near good enough.

Personally, I'll be glad not to see him again next season. Was bought as a back-up and that's his level for me. Not a crap full-back (seen plenty of them over the years) but just not good enough. We definitely need a replacement, however, as unconvinced about the others.

bus-conductor bus-conductor & Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦

...One last dance? ...For old time's sake?

The day has finally come, no need to dig up all that has already been said as I simply don't have the energy for it but I'm feeling a bit vindicated that we've sold a really average player that I've said he has been since the day he has rocked up at Hotspur Way.

He had given us value at £4m that much is a certainty but that was really all he was worth when we bought him and thanks to a massively inflated market he's given us a tidy return on that sum back, thanks Frodo and happy crossing in La Liga. I genuinely salute any Englishman that looks to play on foreign shores, as so many choose Easy Street in blighty, just sitting on fat salaries turning up for training then going home without giving a shit about playing the game.

For those of you that think we are now exposed and have done the wrong thing I urge you to pause for a second and remember how you felt when Tripps was named on the team sheet, you will not need to feel that way now. This isn't a disaster, it's a good day as we are addressing the problems within our squad.

If you are scared about not replacing him, (I think that we will be fine with Aurier and KWP, not perfect but fine) just think about this, until TODAY not a single leak was made (or maybe Bill Madrid Bill Madrid mentioned one) but really this transfer has come completely out of the blue, it might be the same if we choose to bring in a replacement. Just saying.

Happy Frodo day to you all one and all.

If you are scared about not replacing him, (I think that we will be fine with Aurier and KWP, not perfect but fine) just think about this, until TODAY not a single leak was made (or maybe Bill Madrid Bill Madrid mentioned one) but really this transfer has come completely out of the blue

I exclusively broke the story on Wednesday
well, I say "broke" I posted what I'd read in As, which is pretty much the the same in these heady ITK days we live in

As reckon that Atleti are keen on Trippier as a back-up plan if their attempts to sign Semedo from FCB flounder as a result of fallout from the Griezmann soap opera. Price: €25 million

It was poopooed by NW1Spur as bullshit because Spanish sources don't count apparently, but once again I was shown to be the one with the HOT KNOWLEDGE

His wiki page updated on the right hand side haha

16 caps - can't see him blagging any more.
Earned them, came at a good time for him, peak of his career.

I'm excited about KWP getting a lot more game time. I do think he is good enough.
If KWP were playing somewhere else he would look like a solid 15mil+ player that Spurs fans would probably get all excited about signing.

Give the kid a proper chance. He usually takes them.

Thank you and good luck. It's basically official.

I'm kind of sorry it didn't work out for him, but it's because he's average player.. Going to Madrid at peak of his career, fucking hell, his wife is in dreamland probably.

Thank you and good luck. It's basically official.

I'm kind of sorry it didn't work out for him, but it's because he's average player.. Going to Madrid at peak of his career, fucking hell, his wife is in dreamland probably.

How did it not work out for him? 4 straight seasons he was in the top 4, broke into the England team and had an amazing World Cup, played in a CL final, etc. It worked out just fine for him, he is going to Atletico not West Ham. He will earn more money there and still play in the CL.

He’s going because he is 28 and just had a very poor season. If a good bid comes in then now is the right time to accept.

Back
Top Bottom