Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That’s an interesting take and one you’re welcome to.
However, I’m willing to bet you haven’t made a single comment in the Kane, Dele, Eriksen and Son threads about their performances though.

Just like most others who ran to this thread with their burning torch

You've the wrong end of the stick here mate. I've been quite a vocal advocate of our best full back, much to my chagrin.

The other thing about the Trippier situation is that it is clear Walker and TAA are ahead of him in the England team. The fact that we sold one of the players he used to be an understudy to and didn't replace him properly is partly to blame for a lot of this.

We did replace him, people were creaming their knickers about Aurier and some still seem to think he's a footballer rather than a complete liability.

If a right back is to be sold, there's only one to go and he seemingly can't throw a football and can't seem to stop making shit decisions in very dangerous areas.

No more talk of KW, he left and I'm fucking sick of the rose-tinted nostalgia that seems to be attached to him tbh.

As for TAA being so much better, he put maybe one decent cross in and his passing (especially long) was fairly shite for the entire game from what I saw.

Lots will believe what they want to believe regardless.

Scapegoated out of the club if it goes that way tbh. Personally would hate it, he's the best of the three right backs we have so selling him first makes no sense at all to me.

We'd also miss the creativity his critics often overly minimise to hammer their points across.

Lots will believe what they want to believe regardless.

Scapegoated out of the club if it goes that way tbh. Personally would hate it, he's the best of the three right backs we have so selling him first makes no sense at all to me.

We'd also miss the creativity his critics often overly minimise to hammer their points across.
Well apparently Wan Bissaka is the answer......
Assists 3
Goals 0

Oh did I mention that’s the same assists as Tripper and one less goal than Trippier.
Next level attacking full back apparently

Well apparently Wan Bissaka is the answer......
Assists 3
Goals 0

Oh did I mention that’s the same assists as Tripper and one less goal than Trippier.
Next level attacking full back apparently
In a mediocre side under Woy, can't compare that to an attack-minded top four side under one of the best managers in the league (with obviously much better strikers who can actually convert a cross).

In a mediocre side under Woy, can't compare that to an attack-minded top four side under one of the best managers in the league (with obviously much better strikers who can actually convert a cross).

He's had one season in a mediocre side and has been getting plaudits for his defensive contribution above all else, he's not even the type of full back that Poch even favours IMO.

Anyway, remind me why Palace would sell him:
1. to us?
2. for a price that Levy would agree to pay?

I saw £60m mentioned as a price Palace would like...dont get your hopes up tbh.

He's had one season in a mediocre side and has been getting plaudits for his defensive contribution above all else, he's not even the type of full back that Poch even favours IMO.

Anyway, remind me why Palace would sell him:
1. to us?
2. for a price that Levy would agree to pay?

I saw £60m mentioned as a price Palace would like...dont get your hopes up tbh.
He used to be a winger and is very comfortable with the ball at his feet and can put in a good cross, he is not only very solid defensively.

You do realise that Trippier has a 29% cross accuracy to Wan Bissakas 21% right....and that Tripper made 185 crosses this season, to Wan Bissakas 56.

Those of you dreaming of a marauding, all out, all action, all attacking RB pinging in balls with laser accuracy 15 times a game, are going to have yourselves a whole brand new scapegoat by time Januray rolls around again

You do realise that Trippier has a 29% cross accuracy to Wan Bissakas 21% right....and that Tripper made 185 crosses this season, to Wan Bissakas 56.
Means fuck all if the one has more team mates upfront with much better movement, Wan-Bissaka is already twice the player Trippier once was and could even become (close to) world class under Poch.

Means fuck all if the one has more team mates upfront with much better movement, Wan-Bissaka is already twice the player Trippier once was and could even become (close to) world class under Poch.

Stats never mean a thing when they arent promoting the player you want them to eh...?

It means that Wan Bissaka isnt an attacking RB, and has less of a cross on him than the man you call half the player.
Trippier had a better season in his worst ever season. Hows that for a recommendation?
You can blame Benteke etc all you want.....its funny how one minute Zaha is a step up, then all of a sudden Wan Bissaka only has shit attackers to aim for.

Who was to blame for Deles shit header last night? Trippier, with the pin point cross, or Dele with the shit header?

In 35 league games, AWB has found a man with his crossing in just 9 of them, with the most being 3 against Watford. A total of 12 crosses in 3135 minutes of football.

In 27 league games, Trippier has not found a man with his crossing in 4 of them and has a total of 53 (completed) crosses in 2278 minutes of football.

AWB 11 games with a pass that led to a shot on goal made in them with a total number of 14 key passes in the league.

Trippier didn't make any key passes in 4 of his 27 league games and had a total number of 49 key passes.

I'm sure in a better team that AWB will treble/quadruple his passing/delivery and we (Harry especially) won't miss this from Tripps at all as we're always so creative all over the pitch when Eriksen/Dele doesn't fancy it.
/sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom