Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yet he has been a top 4 RB for the last 3 seasons
Okay, I should've say different. He's not quality for Tottenham if we wanna make a run to PL title like Liverpool did. Neither is Aurier. But Aurier is better squad option. Trippier once had crossing abilty, I think he played a lot of games and he's just not good enough.

Okay, I should've say different. He's not quality for Tottenham if we wanna make a run to PL title like Liverpool did. Neither is Aurier. But Aurier is better squad option. Trippier once had crossing abilty, I think he played a lot of games and he's just not good enough.

Going for the title like Liverpool did? So Trippier isn’t good enough to not win the title?

Let’s see how Arnold and Robertson do next season before we start tossing Liverpool off.
They’ve won nothing, like us, and if Trippier comes away this season as a CL winner after playing the worst season of his career then maybe he is actually good enough.

Personally I’d like him to be second choice and get back to his World Cup form.
There are many positions I’d address before the full backs though, especially with two major players not having committed yet.

Going for the title and gaining 97pts, and finishing 4th some 26pts behind is quite a world apart. So people that sayTrippier is not top 4 “because Liverpool” are talking shit.

Same people probably rate Luke Shaw and Sessengon

Going for the title like Liverpool did? So Trippier isn’t good enough to not win the title?

Let’s see how Arnold and Robertson do next season before we start tossing Liverpool off.
They’ve won nothing, like us, and if Trippier comes away this season as a CL winner after playing the worst season of his career then maybe he is actually good enough.

Personally I’d like him to be second choice and get back to his World Cup form.
There are many positions I’d address before the full backs though, especially with two major players not having committed yet.

Going for the title and gaining 97pts, and finishing 4th some 26pts behind is quite a world apart. So people that sayTrippier is not top 4 “because Liverpool” are talking shit.

Same people probably rate Luke Shaw and Sessengon
Good God, if you think Trippier is anywhere near the level of TAA or Robertson, I don't wanna get into this conversation.

Good God, if you think Trippier is anywhere near the level of TAA or Robertson, I don't wanna get into this conversation.
But cretins that now think Robertson and Arnold are world class, will also call them league one shit if they struggle next year after having two or three injuries over the season.

I’m not sure what your stance was, but I’m willing to bet you wanted Sissoko sold, and probably thought he was shit, not top 4 material and that you would have swapped him in a heartbeat for Barkley.

Well done there, so knock yourself out judging players at their worst form.
Do you do that for Dele too?

Kinda feel sorry for KT, he is in my opinion a decent 2nd string right back but probably not good enough for a top 4 team on a regular basis. KT should either concentrate on his own game and stop arm waving at others or unfortunately push off to somewhere else.

But cretins that now think Robertson and Arnold are world class, will also call them league one shit if they struggle next year after having two or three injuries over the season.

I’m not sure what your stance was, but I’m willing to bet you wanted Sissoko sold, and probably thought he was shit, not top 4 material and that you would have swapped him in a heartbeat for Barkley.

Robertson is 100 percent world class tbf. Trent AA not so much, but still better than Trippier.

Trippier is not good enough to be our first choice I think that much is abundantly clear, but I agree with you in that I think he would be more than okay to keep as a back up if we could get someone in instead of Aurier who's able to play a number of games in a row without pulling a hammy, getting arrested etc. to be first choice.

That coupled with signing Sessengnon to be second choice behind Rose at LB would be a huge upgrade in our fullbacks next season.

you're deluded mate

Replacing FBs is not a priority for this window. Much should have been done last year.

2 or 3 CMs plus a Kane backup needed urgently.

Full backs are essential to how we play and ours have let us down this season and slowed don our play. I'd say new FBs are as essentially as a new DM ,

You're like that guy on AFTV named Ty. Deluded.

What's your argument, "Robertson played great one season so he's world class?" "Van Dijk played great one season so he's world class?" Ffs stop it

No my argument is that at 28 years old, VVD has about 4 more caps than 21yr old Sánchez and could barely get a game in a shit Holland team for over ten years.
Nobody said he was world class at Southampton. Nobody.

So you might think a player can be average for his entire career, and become world class overnight because he went to a big club with better players and a better manager and had his first big season, and that’s fine......but calling me the deluded one is hilarious.

Just like a 9M pound Hull academy player that has had one good season in pro top flight football is now world class.
I suppose David Bentley is world class too, he started well.

You are judging players because they don’t play for us. If Robertson was ours, you’d still want Sessengon.

No my argument is that at 28 years old, VVD has about 4 more caps than 21yr old Sánchez and could barely get a game in a shit Holland team for over ten years.
Nobody said he was world class at Southampton. Nobody.

So you might think a player can be average for his entire career, and become world class overnight because he went to a big club with better players and a better manager and had his first big season, and that’s fine......but calling me the deluded one is hilarious.

Just like a 9M pound Hull academy player that has had one good season in pro top flight football is now world class.
I suppose David Bentley is world class too, he started well.

You are judging players because they don’t play for us. If Robertson was ours, you’d still want Sessengon.
All I can read is whining and delusion. Sorry.

Full backs are essential to how we play and ours have let us down this season and slowed don our play. I'd say new FBs are as essentially as a new DM ,

You're entitled to your view.

I'd say variation and numbers in the midfield department (when we're already one short) are more important.

A couple of seasons ago with Walker and Rose and our 50m crossfield passes - I'd agree with you. However not now - we just don't employ that tactic as often as we used to.

We need more midfield numbers (and quality) in the squad. We all have our problems with Trippier, Aurier and Davies but it's not as urgent as midfield.

2/3 midfield re-inforcements and a Kane back up.

You can't change everything in one window.

You know my feelings on our right back situation and Trippier specifically...

But he's a good guy, and deserves a reprieve until the final whistle on June 1st. I just think that going hard on some of our players who may well get moves away is a tad unsavoury when we're all praying they can deliver the goods with that one damn game.

Sammy doesn’t even rate van dijk
I rate Robertson and Arnold highly actually, I just don’t call them world class.

No Spurs fan would say that either if they played for us, after one season. I don’t even think scousers are saying that.
They are young players who have burst through, and have masses of potential after an excellent season.

To give you a comparison, Marcelo is world class. But go ahead and compare him to Arnold, well done.
Both Liverpool’s fullbacks are head and shoulders above VVD. I don’t rate their CB, that’s got fuck all to do with Robertson.

I rate Robertson and Arnold highly actually, I just don’t call them world class.

No Spurs fan would say that either if they played for us, after one season. I don’t even think scousers are saying that.
They are young players who have burst through, and have masses of potential after an excellent season.

To give you a comparison, Marcelo is world class. But go ahead and compare him to Arnold, well done.
Both Liverpool’s fullbacks are head and shoulders above VVD. I don’t rate their CB, that’s got fuck all to do with Robertson.
How do you rate van dijk? Amongst the best center backs in the league and the world?

Back
Top Bottom