Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son must be his only friend.

That's the one worry I have about signing foreign players, especially if they don't speak a common language that others in our team speak etc.

We have a real tight knit group that are either English or Belgian. Seems to be alot of close doubles. Dembele/Vert, Dier/Alli, Eriksen/Kane etc

That's why I'd worry if we signed Mahrez, but not if we signed Barkley. Also wouldn't worry if we did end up with Pereira, considering him and Dier speak the same language and know each other from Sporting academy.

I almost feel like Nkoudou is in the same boat as Wimmer in terms of a close bond, but he seems alot more charismatic so to speak so probably does get on with everyone, just doesn't hang around with them.

I can't really remember where I read this. But GKN is apparently Dembélé's "young boy" and Moose has taken him under his wing. So he's a bit part of that kliq. Then you obviously have the French connection with Sissoko but as we know just because people speak the same language doesn't mean they get along. GKN seems like a charismatic and social guy so he probably slots in with just about everyone. He's definitely liked in the squad just from looking at social media.

I like Wimmer, but he's our fourth best centre back because we have three genuine top-quality players ahead of him in the pecking order.

If he wants first team football it's not fair to stand in his way, IMO.

Wimmer got a pounding on twitter after the Roma friendly then.

Anyone actually see the game and care to give a more informed opinion than WIMMER IS SHIT, GET HIM OUT MY CLUB?

Wimmer got a pounding on twitter after the Roma friendly then.

Anyone actually see the game and care to give a more informed opinion than WIMMER IS SHIT, GET HIM OUT MY CLUB?
No doubt the usual overreaction that follows any player, over-hype a player who had a good game, destroy a player for not being great.

My guess would be he got it in the neck for their 2nd goal, it was a poor clearance (his first touch since coming on), the ball fell to an on rushing Under who had an easy finish. The thing is the reason why he scored wasn't entirely Wimmers fault, Winks and/or Oakley-Booth let Under run past them, both of them were fucking walking and did nothing to pick up his run, they were just as culpable for the goal than Wimmer, I'd say more so.

For their 3rd goal he fell over, almost impossible to see if he was fouled by the goal scorer or not as the camera's pick up the action late. But again, Spurs fans only target the last action as the blame, no mention that seeing as this goal was scored straight from the restart of our goal, where the fuck was Trippier? Nowhere to be seen as the ball played in behind him, because of this Alderwerield is pulled out wide as he covers, this is what Toby is supposed to do, but still no sign of Trippier, he has to now drop into the space left by Toby, he doesn't it means Wimmer is now in a 1 v 1.

No doubt the usual overreaction that follows any player, over-hype a player who had a good game, destroy a player for not being great.

My guess would be he got it in the neck for their 2nd goal, it was a poor clearance (his first touch since coming on), the ball fell to an on rushing Under who had an easy finish. The thing is the reason why he scored wasn't entirely Wimmers fault, Winks and/or Oakley-Booth let Under run past them, both of them were fucking walking and did nothing to pick up his run, they were just as culpable for the goal than Wimmer, I'd say more so.

For their 3rd goal he fell over, almost impossible to see if he was fouled by the goal scorer or not as the camera's pick up the action late. But again, Spurs fans only target the last action as the blame, no mention that seeing as this goal was scored straight from the restart of our goal, where the fuck was Trippier? Nowhere to be seen as the ball played in behind him, because of this Alderwerield is pulled out wide as he covers, this is what Toby is supposed to do, but still no sign of Trippier, he has to now drop into the space left by Toby, he doesn't it means Wimmer is now in a 1 v 1.

Toby was at fault for that goal. Oakley Boothe did run back, he sprinted when Toby lost it then checked back as strootman went to cross, to cut out the pull back to under.
It then fell to Wimmer on his right foot. As soon as Oakley Boothe saw it was falling to under he tried to recover. But he'd already broken his run.
If he wouldn't have checked back he would have been with under, but then Wimmer should have cleared it into row z. If he had then under was no threat whatsoever.
Still, it's down to Toby and those things happen.

Also its quite pertinent to remember that pre season is about building fitness and sharpness so judging performances is pretty harsh IMHO. in the old days we would normally be playing Barnet and the like before the final glamour tie at home with no camera's - its the ££ that means we are selling tickets and its on TV so we tend to forget that its just training really.

The lad is a good CB. Looks like he is the type of player that needs a run of games to get the best out of him. He isn't a natural athlete so takes time to lose the timber and get match fit and sharp.

Until we sign another CB I hope we keep him.

Really like Wimmer, never complained and when brought in a couple of seasons ago when Jan was injured put in some great performances.

Feels like a chadli situation where the guy just wants first team football especially with the world cup next season, don't blame him, it's a short career.

Good luck to him.

Looks like he will be off to West Brom, good luck to him, any other team he would be a starter no doubt! I'm sure he will be quality once he gets some constant game time, it's a shame we can't have a clause in his contract that he isn't allowed to play against us for a couple of years.......:levyeyes:

Has not been called up for the natonal team. Wöber is taking his place for the two qualifiers, who's ironically going to become the Sánchez replacement at Ajax.

Hope it's going to be West Brom. Fits the profile there. This sounds ridiculous, but I think he fits a coach like Pulis more than Poch actually. Most of our coaches over here in Austria are more of the 'proper' British type than the South American style. Tackle hard, score from corners, ping it to the strikers, play deep, shout at the referee... stuff like that.

I wish him good luck.

Apparently he's turned WBA down as Pulis wanted him to play left back?
Now De Boer wants him at Palace.
they are not coughing up for Sakho so lazy story?

Fosu Mensah (R) Reidwald(C) and Wimmer (L) as a back 3?

Back
Top Bottom