Kevin Wimmer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

All clubs should have a maximum first team squad of 16...there must be 200 players in the PL that dont see the light of day, yet make about a billion pound a year between them. Fucking ludicrous.

CB injured? CB in the squad, great. Nope, wack in a midfielder.

Wimmer deserved more game time this season, and it gets to the point where there is, literally, no point in having these players here.

All clubs should have a maximum first team squad of 16...there must be 200 players in the PL that dont see the light of day, yet make about a billion pound a year between them. Fucking ludicrous.

Wimmer deserved more game time this season, and it gets to the point where there is, literally, no point in having these players here.
No point in the cunt. Fuck him off. Another shitcunt for the bin.

TBF he is pretty shit

Rumour Mill: Difficult To Sell Wimmer For £20 Million
images
:levyeyes:

Christ that article is full of bollocks. Namely.....

"
I think what we’ll likely see here is for Spurs to identify and all but confirm a replacement for Wimmer, and then we’ll see his price-tag drop. Wimmer will only leave when Tottenham are confident they have his boots filled.

And right now it’s better to put him in the shop window than telling clubs to wait. So I reckon Wimmer will eventually be sold for roughly £8-12 million, when we’ve snapped up a Veltman or the likes."

Christ that article is full of bollocks. Namely.....

"
I think what we’ll likely see here is for Spurs to identify and all but confirm a replacement for Wimmer, and then we’ll see his price-tag drop. Wimmer will only leave when Tottenham are confident they have his boots filled.

And right now it’s better to put him in the shop window than telling clubs to wait. So I reckon Wimmer will eventually be sold for roughly £8-12 million, when we’ve snapped up a Veltman or the likes."
Yeah i know, like most of them, just a bit of fun.

Have you seen the going rate for Centerbacks that can start in the Premier league on bottom 10 teams? 20 million isn't that far off. Wimmer is more than capable of being the second best center back in the back four.

If Ake is 20, Stones is 50 and VVD is 60+....

a) Why the fook do Saints baulk at 20m for Big Kev?

b) Toby for circa 12m was insaaaaaane value.

I have to admit I like Wimmer.... but then again, I also liked Colin Calderwood.... doesn't make me a good judge of a decent CB!

Give him a run in a stable back line and I'm convinced you see the same quality player we saw 2 seasons ago.

His agent is unhappy with the staff's decision to take him on the US tour, as Wimmer is seeking a move away, but we aren't selling him unless there is a replacement.

Levy shouldn't fuck this one up and leave it late to sell him. We need somebody experienced behind Verts and Toby.

I can't say that 16/17 was Dier's show off season as a CB. Both he and Wimmer were off form.
He said "we need somebody experienced behind Verts and Toby" to which I have provided an alternative. Perhaps he should have said "somebody good" instead.

Our words are all that stand between us and the animals old chap.

Son must be his only friend.

That's the one worry I have about signing foreign players, especially if they don't speak a common language that others in our team speak etc.

We have a real tight knit group that are either English or Belgian. Seems to be alot of close doubles. Dembele/Vert, Dier/Alli, Eriksen/Kane etc

That's why I'd worry if we signed Mahrez, but not if we signed Barkley. Also wouldn't worry if we did end up with Pereira, considering him and Dier speak the same language and know each other from Sporting academy.

I almost feel like Nkoudou is in the same boat as Wimmer in terms of a close bond, but he seems alot more charismatic so to speak so probably does get on with everyone, just doesn't hang around with them.

Back
Top Bottom