Justin Edinburgh

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Talking of which... maybe it's also time to ditch the horrendous 'Sol Campbell Party' song...
....'cos as and when HE eventually dies, it would take some doing for ANYONE to get the jelly and ice-cream out and actually have a party.... I can't believe anyone would GENUINELY celebrate that!

The reason I bring this up (rightly or wrongly) on this particular thread, is that for a time, Sol and Justin were teammates... Justin died horrendously young... but it could also happen to Campbell one day... they're only a few years apart in age...
and yet some fans have been party planning for that very moment for years... frankly, it's sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I hate what Campbell did to us... but as for "having a party" when he dies...
I guess nobody who has ever sung it actually thinks they have to worry about it coming back to bite them for decades.... and yet it could happen tomorrow... and then what?

Justin was as close to a one club man as you're gonna get in the modern game... and Sol SHOULD have been that for us too... but he made his choice, and that's HIS lookout....
I may hate what he did, and question his ethics/loyalty as a man...
but I simply can't BEAR hearing that song sung at our club.

It make Spurs fans sound full of such pure evil, jealousy and hate when it's sung.

So in Justin's honour, and in the name of decency, I'd quite like never to hear the Sol Campbell song at Spurs again!

There, that's my two penn'eth!
That was something that actually sprung to mind during the CL final and watching all the YouTube footage how ex-players Ardiles, Roberts, Hazard ect didn’t realise Justin Edinburgh was involved but representing the club although playing wise what 30years ago? Hospitality in the new gaff is maybe up to date though, anyway speaking of Campbell which doesn’t seem appropriate in this thread but how we as a club have had loyal, loyal players that still consider themselves a Spur after a lifetime away from the club its still close to their hearts as certain players are still in ours! Wonder if Campbell ever thinks back and thinks if he could change things he would? We think what we think of him because of what he did to us, to the goons he’s only a legend to them for the same reason! As pointed out he was a team mate of Justin Edinburgh and the two couldn’t be more different......

Last edited:
Talking of which... maybe it's also time to ditch the horrendous 'Sol Campbell Party' song...
....'cos as and when HE eventually dies, it would take some doing for ANYONE to get the jelly and ice-cream out and actually have a party.... I can't believe anyone would GENUINELY celebrate that!

The reason I bring this up (rightly or wrongly) on this particular thread, is that for a time, Sol and Justin were teammates... Justin died horrendously young... but it could also happen to Campbell one day... they're only a few years apart in age...
and yet some fans have been party planning for that very moment for years... frankly, it's sickening.

Don't get me wrong, I hate what Campbell did to us... but as for "having a party" when he dies...
I guess nobody who has ever sung it actually thinks they have to worry about it coming back to bite them for decades.... and yet it could happen tomorrow... and then what?

Justin was as close to a one club man as you're gonna get in the modern game... and Sol SHOULD have been that for us too... but he made his choice, and that's HIS lookout....

It make Spurs fans sound full of such pure evil, jealousy and hate when it's sung.

So in Justin's honour, and in the name of decency, I'd quite like never to hear the Sol Campbell song at Spurs again!

total respect to you for taking this sad news as an opportunity to call an end to all that nastiness and bile surrounding Sol. He did what he did, end of. There is no place at our great club for people. who choose to bear such a grudge. Forgive and forget. Life is too short.No one knows what is around the corner

NINTCHDBPICT000128300164.jpg
my favourite memory of him

my favourite memory of him
I wonder if Roy has been asked to comment on Justin's passing??

I'd hope he's man enough to accept that what goes on on a football pitch, stays on a football pitch.
There's no doubting Justin wound Roy right up that day... but they were both in their late teens/early 20's... it's what kids do.

I reckon Keane's playing career justified his aggression and arrogance, and he clearly won more in his time as a player... and fair play to him.
...but now he is an assistant Manager and pundit, and, I think most will agree, that his actual managerial career thus far was/is/has been nothing short of disappointing...

...which is where I think the real tragedy of this story unfolds...

Because Justin Edinburgh was forging a successful managerial career from the grassroots upwards....

A classic case of a decent, journeyman hardworking player, surely destined for bigger things as a manager... and prepared to work his way up, the hard way.... the right way.

It's not always the best players who make the best managers.... and sometimes, the honest, but limited players make better managers than they ever were as players;

Case for the Defence: Keane, Hoddle, Ardiles, Maradona, Ronald Koeman, Gazza (sorry!) John Barnes, Gary Neville, Bruce, Scholes... Shearer!!

...and in the other corner; Ferguson, Mourinho, Wenger (sorry!) and maybe Edinburgh??

It's such a shame we will never see that potential come to fruition.

...'cos one day, it coulda been with us!

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here...

Have a read... and keep some tissues handy:

legends_codicote_teamphoto.jpg

LEGENDS

I'll just leave this here...

Have a read... and keep some tissues handy:

legends_codicote_teamphoto.jpg

LEGENDS
To my embarrassment I am struggling to name all of them...maybe it's my mind still blocking out everything Spurs from 92 to 98!

Dave Howells looks no different, but the tragedy of that picture is Justin looking one of the healthiest

To my embarrassment I am struggling to name all of them...maybe it's my mind still blocking out everything Spurs from 92 to 98!

Dave Howells looks no different, but the tragedy of that picture is Justin looking one of the healthiest
Only the good die young! RIP

I have never joined in with the Sol Campbell song. Or the Wenger ones that say he is a, You know what. They are in bad taste. I suppose once it gets sung the fans join in and of course they do not mean it literally. I like a few of you have posted would like us to play a pre-season friendly against Orient. Might not happen this time because both Clubs will be down the line with all their plans. Watch this we will meet in one of the 2 cups.

ITV London saying vandalism involved as well, I despair I really do...

The saddest thing is that I'm not at all surprised....

There are people out there, who walk amongst us... capable of the most horrendous things.
AND yet there they are... free to roam the streets... doing as they please.

I despair of this CUNTRY sometimes.... it's gawn I tell ya... gawn to hell!

I have never joined in with the Sol Campbell song. Or the Wenger ones that say he is a, You know what. They are in bad taste. I suppose once it gets sung the fans join in and of course they do not mean it literally. I like a few of you have posted would like us to play a pre-season friendly against Orient. Might not happen this time because both Clubs will be down the line with all their plans. Watch this we will meet in one of the 2 cups.
I remember being at the lge cup final win against Chavs 08 and a couple of lads were singing 'whats that coming out of your sock, is it your ankle' about Eduardos nasty leg break which happened the day before and thinking fuck up lads ffs. Yes we hate Woolwich but theres certain things are out of order too.
Its football and football only!

I remember being at the lge cup final win against Chavs 08 and a couple of lads were singing 'whats that coming out of your sock, is it your ankle' about Eduardos nasty leg break which happened the day before and thinking fuck up lads ffs. Yes we hate Woolwich but theres certain things are out of order too.
Its football and football only!
I think the lesson learned from this is: that some right cunts ALSO support Spurs!

You sir are 100% the yin to my yang.

Hate him. Always will. Won’t have a party as such......... But I have no room in my life or heart for traitors.

Sometimes I do wonder what it would be like to be able to forgive and forget.

But not on this occasion.

Hate him. Always will. Won’t have a party as such......... But I have no room in my life or heart for traitors.

You can easily never forgive his treachery without singing about celebrating his death though. The two things don't have to go hand in hand

You can easily never forgive his treachery without singing about celebrating his death though. The two things don't have to go hand in hand
Precisely this ^^^^

Don't get me wrong BernardMatthews BernardMatthews ...I too hate him with every ounce of my being... but I refuse to join in a song which plans what we're all eating at his party when he dies.... nope, sorry, can't do it.

I've made a point of not being a part of that song whenever it's sung...
I've deliberately started other chants in both the ground and the Brickies whenever it rears its ugly head...
Surely, as HUMAN beings, we're above that?

....and I remember when people accused Spurs fans of racism 'cos of the OTHER horrific 'tree/HIV' song.... and I said I wish Sol had been white... just to prove we'd still hate him just as much!
But it didn't excuse some fans with coming up with two quite disgusting songs about him!

I thought the banner someone held up amongst all the 'JUDAS' ones in the very first NLD after he moved summed it up best:
"WE HATE YOU, BECAUSE WE LOVED YOU!"

Last edited:
Orient have named Ross Embleton interim head coach. And sorted out his backroom staff for next season. They are going to feel it right now. I hope they do well. Of course the loss is more serious than anything that happens on a football pitch. But anyway like i say, I wish them well.

Thought I'd posted... Appears not.

RIP to Justin and bless all who knew him personally.

Too damn young. :(

Back
Top Bottom