Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That'll be Trippier gone and Foyth at RB next season...

“That I’m playing as a full-back is all down to him. One day, we were doing laps around the field and he called me over to talk and asked me if I would feel comfortable playing there.

“Obviously, I wanted to play and knowing that I could do it well, I said yes. I felt really good in the games I played. Over the past two years, I’ve learned a huge amount of things with him and with his staff. When I return, the first thing I’ll do is go to his office and talk with him”.

Defensively too solid to be wasted at RB where he isn't particularly blessed with the raw pace required at the top level. His ball work and 1v1 defending lends itself to a CB who could be very highly skilled in years to come; I hope they don't push him to RB.

Defensively too solid to be wasted at RB where he isn't particularly blessed with the raw pace required at the top level. His ball work and 1v1 defending lends itself to a CB who could be very highly skilled in years to come; I hope they don't push him to RB.
You consider Foyth to be defensively solid? Wow.

You consider Foyth to be defensively solid? Wow.

Well yeah, if you actually watch him play his positioning and reading of the game is very acute for a guy his age. His 1v1 defending is stellar as well. You and a lot of others probably see his penalty and red card mistakes as damning evidence of poor defending, but actually they are just blips on an otherwise excellent showing. Defenders learn their craft at the top level much later than attackers - if you can't see his defensive potential then I don't know what to tell you.

Well yeah, if you actually watch him play his positioning and reading of the game is very acute for a guy his age. His 1v1 defending is stellar as well. You and a lot of others probably see his penalty and red card mistakes as damning evidence of poor defending, but actually they are just blips on an otherwise excellent showing. Defenders learn their craft at the top level much later than attackers - if you can't see his defensive potential then I don't know what to tell you.
I can definitely see his defensive potential. I can also definitely see he is currently nowhere near "defensively solid" and his positional sense is currently not good. Can it get better? Of course but right now it's not up to scratch.

I can definitely see his defensive potential. I can also definitely see he is currently nowhere near "defensively solid" and his positional sense is currently not good. Can it get better? Of course but right now it's not up to scratch.
Good post.
The only way he can improve though is by playing regularly. We either have to integrate him into the 1st team or loan him, which is never going to happen.

Back
Top Bottom