Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just to put it out there, Serge got carded twice last season.

In his opening season he got 4 yellows and one red in all comps. That's less than Toby who collected 5 yellows this previous season and one more than Trippier.

Serge isn't as much of a wild card as we probably remember him as.
I was thinking more along the lines of if they crack down on stupid handballs/over excuberant challenges from next season... I think he'll be pulled up for a lot more than this season!

I was thinking more along the lines of if they crack down on stupid handballs/over excuberant challenges from next season... I think he'll be pulled up for a lot more than this season!

Let's wait til (if) it materialises eh mate....

Let's wait til (if) it materialises eh mate....
Like with the diving... I reckon they'll do what they ALWAYS do with rule changes... come down like a ton of bricks on anyone for the first few months of the season... :deledoubt:
Then from October/November onwards, they get bored of... (or forget to implement) the rules, and everyone goes back to doing what they were before!

'Luckily' for us, Serge sounds like he's out for the first few weeks of the season anyway, so he should be fine!!

Like with the diving... I reckon they'll do what they ALWAYS do with rule changes... come down like a ton of bricks on anyone for the first few months of the season... :deledoubt:
Then from October/November onwards, they get bored of... (or forget to implement) the rules, and everyone goes back to doing what they were before!

'Luckily' for us, Serge sounds like he's out for the first few weeks of the season anyway, so he should be fine!!

They already look like they're gonna soften up on the handball rulings after this summers VAR exploits....

Given the CL final (and the home pen against us vs City), how feckin' Sp*rsey is that?

Shame Argentina went out last night... but at least Foyth can BEGIN his Summer 'break' before pre-season training starts in a minute!!

Shame Argentina went out last night... but at least Foyth can BEGIN his Summer 'break' before pre-season training starts in a minute!!
After yesterday I thought it was going to be a boring week of transfers but seeing as they are out ---- let the Lo Celso sightings begin!!

Would be good to see him play as a rightback for us, covers our need without having to buy another player and he’d get regular playing time as well.

I think there’s no harm in him spending some time as a rightback - Jan spent time at leftback and I think with his tendencies to go forward it might actually really suit Foyth.

Aside from looking alright at times for an all-over-the-shop Argentina selection, I don't get the sudden clamour for Foyth at FB... Taking on all opinion over our RB situ, we'd just be adding another to the list of 'I supposes he's good enough for back-up' options.

Personally I think we'd have to 'rough out' a fair few horror tackles and other blunders before he'd genuinely make a play for #1 spot, so what'd be so diff compared to any of the other 3 (KT, SA, & KWP) and their respective perceived weaknesses?

Last edited:
Foyth should not be a long term fullback.

He could be back up for it like how both Jan and Toby are for us. But his future lies more centrally in the pitch.

I don't think Foyth should be playing right back for us next season - not if we want to be serious league challengers.
If Poch actually went for that - I would put good money on the rhetoric changing very quickly, after a few poor performances - at which point it would be too late to secure a proper full back.

Bollocks to that. I'm hopeful Serge will have a big season for us with KWP as backup. Mentally he might not be up to it though, but I would honestly rather see Dier at right back over Foyth, and I'm not a big fan of the clattering lummox

Back
Top Bottom