Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, might well suit him. Honestly, I just can't picture him as a CB - isn't robust enough or cautious enough - and can't see him flourishing there. Plus, his ball-playing talents are wasted. For me, he could and should be molded as a RB or DM. Time will tell...But I'll have him at RB all day long instead of that carthorse that's for sure!
I mean if we have converted Dier into a DM then someone with Foyths ability should be a much better fit.

I know he’s just a kid but when a centre back comes on at HT to a team with ten men, your first action shouldn’t be to carry the ball to the other end of the pitch. What was he thinking?

To be fair, that run he made was promising. Right up until the moment he planted his foot on matey's knee and went through him.

giphy.gif

Sanchez is in a different league to Foyth. He's worth the money we paid with his prime still to come. He ticks all the CB boxes.

This utter bollox about Foyth being potentially world class is ridiculous. One person says it, a few latch on then it becomes a fact. He's not even that good on the ball, when he brings the ball out he's head down and flustered, not graceful and under control like a "world class" player would look.

He's a player we took a punt on and who we'll hopefully make a profit on. I'd put him behind Dier and Davies as our current best CBs.

Stand by every word and we saw that in the sending off.

He slipped and went in studs up. It happens. People are being way too harsh on the lad. That same thing has happened multiple times this season and resulted in no card.

The kid has made a handful of prem appearances. Has composure yet made a mistake today. Give him time. I I see his quality EVERY time he plays (not today) He is the exact kind of young signing we should be making. It's no fluke PSG wanted him or that Argentina are already giving him games.

His sending off today was football. Sonny's was unforgivable. To let us all down with poor temperament was the disgrace today not Foyth.

This kid is class.

Today was a stupid mistake, and something he will regret. Safe to assume (or hope) he will mature past it.

What he has, which is extremely rare amongst CBs, is an ability and willingness to play off both feet, run with the ball and even take people on.

The only other CB in the prem I can think of who can do this is Jan. Even Toby, great passer as he is, and VVD, greater header and blocker that he is...can’t do that. Outside of the Prem who...de Ligt....and.......?

He has the ingredients to be superb, in arguably the most technically demanding position. I think he’ll come good and will serve the club for years.

Today was a stupid mistake, and something he will regret. Safe to assume (or hope) he will mature past it.

What he has, which is extremely rare amongst CBs, is an ability and willingness to play off both feet, run with the ball and even take people on.

The only other CB in the prem I can think of who can do this is Jan. Even Toby, great passer as he is, and VVD, greater header and blocker that he is...can’t do that. Outside of the Prem who...de Ligt....and.......?

He has the ingredients to be superb, in arguably the most technically demanding position. I think he’ll come good and will serve the club for years.

He just kicks the ball ahead of him and scampers after it with all the grace of a drunken gazelle. There's no great skill in that. Nothing about him says that he'll be a great CB. I really don't want him to turn into another of these players that hang around for years, with people perpetually talking about their promise or potential. We're becoming over loaded with them.

It was costly today, but the kid's far from finished as a result.

He's got 10+ years to worry about if he's as good as Jan.

He made a mistake, but watch just about ANY ninety minute game and you will see a similar challenge or two, and 99% of the time it's either a foul, or a foul and a yellow. Not saying it isn't a possible red and thus a challenge to be avoided, but we've all seen far worse ...

Same goes for Son, just watched several incidents of City and Liverpool players pushing opposition players, want to guess how many cards ... look at this one

A red for City and just maybe the title would be going elsewhere ... fine margins

He made a mistake, but watch just about ANY ninety minute game and you will see a similar challenge or two, and 99% of the time it's either a foul, or a foul and a yellow. Not saying it isn't a possible red and thus a challenge to be avoided, but we've all seen far worse ...

Same goes for Son, just watched several incidents of City and Liverpool players pushing opposition players, want to guess how many cards ... look at this one

A red for City and just maybe the title would be going elsewhere ... fine margins
But apparently its fixed for liverpool and the refs are in on it.

As for foyth, he is not a CB. Takes far too much risk to be a CB. Maybe a decent fullback someday but not CB.

Doesnt appear to have the highest footballing IQ. I remember he gave away a couple penalties earlier in the season and also had a blunder vs BVB. He needs to go watch some film this summer.

Back
Top Bottom