Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just a little bewildered at home highly people rate him. He's made more mistakes than your average player. A lot of clumsy challenges, penalties, diving into tackles (he tried nicking it off Zaha today and misjudged it and Zaha was away).

He's got good composure on the ball. But defensively I can't see what he's shown that is great?

I think he'll prove to become a quality player, I actually think he's got more to him than Davinson at the moment with his awareness, calmness, understanding and development so far. Time will tell and he is just a prospect but only a year out of his teens and mixing it with the likes of Aubemayang, Zaha, Kane in training etc fully grown men is only going to do him and his learning curve good

I think he'll prove to become a quality player, I actually think he's got more to him than Davinson at the moment with his awareness, calmness, understanding and development so far. Time will tell and he is just a prospect but only a year out of his teens and mixing it with the likes of Aubemayang, Zaha, Kane in training etc fully grown men is only going to do him and his learning curve good

Could be a superb partnership but Foyth exudes authority.

Was excellent today.

Could be a superb partnership but Foyth exudes authority.

Was excellent today.

He's a kid. When I was 21 I wasn't half as vocal or confident as I was when I got to my mid 20s (fuck me that was a while ago) and I think he's a quality member of the squad and our future.

If we lose Alderweireld and get Joachim Andersen in, I think he, Foyth & Davinson is a fantastic structure filled with potential at the back. Let's just say I'd rather Juan be one of us than somebody else's

I'm not saying he's bad. I'm just a little bewildered at home highly people rate him. He's made more mistakes than your average player. A lot of clumsy challenges, penalties, diving into tackles (he tried nicking it off Zaha today and misjudged it and Zaha was away).

He's got good composure on the ball. But defensively I can't see what he's shown that is great?
playing with FBs as high up as we do puts immense pressure on the CBs, especially when we're not pressing anywhere near as effectively as we have in previous seasons. We don't afford them the protection of a tight back 4, full backs tucked in so any minor flaws and learning curves are always going to be more exposed. You rightly point out the error he made with Zaha yesterday but did you notice how often he was left one v one with him, particularly in the second half when tripps was camped upfield. He read Zaha's movement really well on all bar the one you mentioned, taking the ball off him several times quite easily. Zaha was visibly getting more and more frustrated each time. He has rough edges sure, and i'm sure they're working on them with him every day in training, but i can see plenty of quality in him.

I think some people here see what they want to see. He has a lot of technique for a CB. But gets bullied, and gets out of position. The new Chiriches
Class footballer. Not many can stand up to Zaha one on one and come out on top nearly every time.
Looks ahead of Sanchez now. Improving all the time.

This kid is going to be something special. I had my doubts but he has been playing good football and I hope he grows into it.

He's a class act. Just turned 21 got all the tools to be a great player for many years with us. He seems to be filling out a little as well which can only help. Didn't get pushed around by Zaha the other day which will do his confidence the world of good

Loved Foyth’s performance yesterday. Glad that it came through and lots of others saw it. Great timing in his tackling and calm and precise bringing the ball forward. Don’t know what his contract situation is but I’d tie him down long term.

Loved Foyth’s performance yesterday. Glad that it came through and lots of others saw it. Great timing in his tackling and calm and precise bringing the ball forward. Don’t know what his contract situation is but I’d tie him down long term.
Contract til 2022.

Back
Top Bottom