Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With Wimmer and CCV gone - Foyth certainly won't be going out on loan. I imagine he will get a fair few appearances with injuries/suspensions and cup games - especially if we make the permanent move to 3 at the back (which we should).

That leaves Sanchez Toby Jan as our starting back 3, with Dier and Foyth as cover.

We had the tightest defence in the league last season, and scored most goals. Why should we change it?

bang out the fugees.

kennywils.jpg

Because we play better with 3 at the back.

I'd like to see more of that.

We could play a risky high line with Sanchez's pace at the back to cover, and Verts and Toby pushed on with their superior passing skills.

As nice as that sounds, I don't feel it would have helped us win games like the Burnley one.

What was needed there was counter attacking threat, real pace on the break, as Liverpool have in Salah and Mane, for example.

With our solid defence, if we looked to get the ball forward as quickly as possible when the opposition is in our half mostly and there's a turnover, using players with lightning pace, we'd be a lot better.

I'd like to see more of that.

We could play a risky high line with Sanchez's pace at the back to cover, and Verts and Toby pushed on with their superior passing skills.

As nice as that sounds, I don't feel it would have helped us win games like the Burnley one.

What was needed there was counter attacking threat, real pace on the break, as Liverpool have in Salah and Mane, for example.

With our solid defence, if we looked to get the ball forward as quickly as possible when the opposition is in our half mostly and there's a turnover, using players with lightning pace, we'd be a lot better.

I like this - charmingly naive.

Wimmer and CV are certainly not good enough for now. So the backup plan needs improvement. We were relatively lucky with Toby and Jan being injury free most of the time....

Vertonghen 30
Alderweireld 28
Sanchez 21
Foyth 19

2 of the most respected defenders starting at the moment with 2 of the most respected young defenders in world football to learn off of them, develop and be/ become an integral part of the first 11.

This is the way our SQUAD should look to continued, organic progression is found. I want this kind of depth, experienced and prodigy all over the part, starting with Sessegnon our next prodigy like signing, followed by someone to start learning the ropes off of Dembele.

Vertonghen 30
Alderweireld 28
Sanchez 21
Foyth 19

2 of the most respected defenders starting at the moment with 2 of the most respected young defenders in world football to learn off of them, develop and be/ become an integral part of the first 11.

This is the way our SQUAD should look to continued, organic progression is found. I want this kind of depth, experienced and prodigy all over the part, starting with Sessegnon our next prodigy like signing, followed by someone to start learning the ropes off of Dembele.
Graham Roberts said we will sign a Championship player. Hope thats Sessegnon...

Back
Top Bottom