Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Errrrmmmm...

...we've already played 3 different players at RB this season, fella.

I see a bit of a trend happening at Spurs. We have players with talent but we often struggle to know where best to utilitie their skills.

Sissoko came in as a WF, now a CM, Dier a RB, then CB and the DM, Winks CM/DM??? Foyth clearly has talent but if Wembley play him at DM we lose Winks getting game time etc, Sessegnon......where will he end up? The same with Lo Celso.

We have a bit of a jumbled squad. A squad brimming with ability but we seem to try and accommodate players as opposed to getting square pegs for square holes etc. Dele is another and to a certain degree Lucas, we signed him with plenty of wing experience but not playing out and out wingers means he and we have had to adapt a little.

It seems a promising squad, but finding a style that gives us all of them adding genuine value in the best positions seems problematic. Davinson Sanchez is another one who started out as a midfielder that progressed into something else, inthink the same applies to Foyth as he came through the ranks in Argentina.

Find a definitive position or the lad will be the Argentine Dier

I think we need to persevere with him as a CB. He's so young and he will learn. I don't mind the idea of him at RB or DM but personally I think he will learn a lot more about the game as a CB, I don't want to see us buckle too soon with him as I think he oozes top level class.

Simply put we need to harness that as there's a real player in there, he's just a bit short of knowledge and experience.

Last edited:
I see a bit of a trend happening at Spurs. We have players with talent but we often struggle to know where best to utilitie their skills.

Sissoko came in as a WF, now a CM, Dier a RB, then CB and the DM, Winks CM/DM??? Foyth clearly has talent but if Wembley play him at DM we lose Winks getting game time etc, Sessegnon......where will he end up? The same with Lo Celso.

We have a bit of a jumbled squad. A squad brimming with ability but we seem to try and accommodate players as opposed to getting square pegs for square holes etc. Dele is another and to a certain degree Lucas, we signed him with plenty of wing experience but not playing out and out wingers means he and we have had to adapt a little.

It seems a promising squad, but finding a style that gives us all of them adding genuine value in the best positions seems problematic. Davinson Sanchez is another one who started out as a midfielder that progressed into something else, inthink the same applies to Foyth as he came through the ranks in Argentina.

That's all down to the manager. We will see the same issues with Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sessegnon where they won't play consistently in one position. Confusion over their roles, confusion over tactics, and we wonder why the players have probably had enough

That's all down to the manager. We will see the same issues with Lo Celso, Ndombele and Sessegnon where they won't play consistently in one position. Confusion over their roles, confusion over tactics, and we wonder why the players have probably had enough

It's a tricky one but I'm starting to lean towards seeing us play with a solid 4-4-2 4-2-1-1 look.

Lloris, Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Lucas, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Dele, Kane

[FORMATION=4411,Lloris, Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Lucas, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Dele, Kane]

A strong, tall back four (I'd rather see Foyth long term as RB but our squad is thin and I don't fancy KWP or Aurier that much at present so needs an drew musts and all of that etc, width out on both flanks able to cut in, take on and cross/ shoot from distance, a CM with creativity and dynastic players, Dele in a free number 10 role holding the ball up, bringing others into play and Kane just being a predator.

Let's be honest the squad needs a new look and Conte won the league with Chelsea after changing formation, we could do a lot worse and it would probably give us an advantage as teams won't know how to deal with things initially.

Players like Sanchez, Sissoko, Aurier, Eriksen, Winks etc offerigndeoth from the bench.[/FORMATION]

It's a tricky one but I'm starting to lean towards seeing us play with a solid 4-4-2 look.

Lloris, Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Lucas, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Dele, Kane

[FORMATION=4411,Lloris, Foyth, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Lucas, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Dele, Kane]

A strong, tall back four (I'd rather see Foyth long term as RB but our squad is thin and I don't fancy KWP or Aurier that much at present so needs an drew musts and all of that etc, width out on both flanks able to cut in, take on and cross/ shoot from distance, a CM with creativity and dynastic players, Dele in a free number 10 role holding the ball up, bringing others into play and Kane just being a predator.

Let's be honest the squad needs a new look and Conte won the league with Chelsea after changing formation, we could do a lot worse and it would probably give us an advantage as teams won't know how to deal with things initially.

Players like Sanchez, Sissoko, Aurier, Eriksen, Winks etc offerigndeoth from the bench.[/FORMATION]

That line up is conceding a lot of goals.

I mean, we already are, but teams would tear through us.

That line up is conceding a lot of goals.

I mean, we already are, but teams would tear through us.

That's my point I guess. We concede a lot so why continue to persist with a team where we only have 3-4 who can score consistently.

A flat back four, fullbacks not going past the halfway line and one of our CMs staying back as a shield at a time. That team has goals in it at both ends, Lucas, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Son, Dele & Kane all have a goal in them and it would utilise our two best dribbling assets at the same time in Lucas and Son. Movement from midfield, Dele & Kane alternating who is up top it would just freshen things up a team the moment which I do think the squad needs. The formation feels stale and regimented, I'm open to a shift if anything just to freshen the boys up at a time where they all seem a little flat.

It's a tricky one but I'm starting to lean towards seeing us play with a solid 4-4-2 4-2-1-1 look.

That formation is a suicidal midfield defending but creative going forward.

we would score a lot, but the other guys would score even more

We wouldn't s score a lot. Teams that are exposed defensively and continually concede goals find it difficult to attack freely.

Look at the most attacking coach in world football. Guardiola tries to make sure his teams have a solid base and the back 4 are protected as much as possible. Fernandinho was so important to their title wins and the rest of the players were brilliant at winning the ball back before the defence was exposed

As has been said that is pure fantasy football, it would never work in reality. The only time I've seen us send a team remotely like that was under Ossie and his famous five. The whole side was unbalanced and some good football was played but the results overall were terrible which led to Ossie losing his job

Looks like another start for Foyth at RB for Argentina today.

Should now be match fit for Spurs ?

Incidentally no Lamela, even on bench !

Edit - 77 mins today after 90 minutes v Germany a few days ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom