Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Won't help his confidence with Aurier lashing out at him in the open like that. Same thing happened during the Man City match when Trippier started yelling at Foyth when it was in fact he was who in the wrong. Bullying should never be tolerated.

any Gardner or Fazio performance
he wasn't great for sure, but your comments are just silly

Vlad, Kaboul, Fazio, Dawson? This is just from recent memory.

Vertonghen was poor today but he was returning from a long lay off and was his second game in four days. Him and Toby are still our best pairing at CB.

With hindsight, Dier and Vertonghen might have been a better pairing today at CB.

Let's not throw Foyth and Vertonghen under the bus as yet. However our patience with Aurier should be wearing thin. His reaction after giving away the free kick that led to their first goal was appalling. It seemed like he was trying to blame Foyth for his lack of ball control.

Vlad, Kaboul, Fazio, Dawson? This is just from recent memory.

Vertonghen was poor today but he was returning from a long lay off and was his second game in four days. Him and Toby are still our best pairing at CB.

With hindsight, Dier and Vertonghen might have been a better pairing today at CB.

Let's not throw Foyth and Vertonghen under the bus as yet. However our patience with Aurier should be wearing thin. His reaction after giving away the free kick that led to their first goal was appalling. It seemed like he was trying to blame Foyth for his lack of ball control.
I won't, I'm a big fan of them both

Won't help his confidence with Aurier lashing out at him in the open like that. Same thing happened during the Man City match when Trippier started yelling at Foyth when it was in fact he was who in the wrong. Bullying should never be tolerated.

When did Foyth play against Man City?

Not really sure what that was about it was Aurier who made the mistake today as well I think.

Foyth is young and will make mistakes. We just have to stick with him and he will make less mistakes. However whilst he should get chances against Southampton, Burnley etc, he should not have been put into the NLD. I know he played against Chelsea but we had no option that day, today we did.

There were quite a few classy moments from Foyth in the game today. Generally he impressed me. I think he’s still very inexperienced, and probably shouldn’t have started this match, but he’s showing a lot of promise.

Foyth is young and will make mistakes. We just have to stick with him and he will make less mistakes. However whilst he should get chances against Southampton, Burnley etc, he should not have been put into the NLD. I know he played against Chelsea but we had no option that day, today we did.

He should have had a breather today. Sticking him in put a target on his back a little with how people perceive him after his first 4-5 games for us. He's adjusting to the pace of it all and let's be honest it doesn't come more pacey than a NLD. Stick him in the the home games against 10th & below to get this out of his system now IMO, even though he's clearly a classy footballer who will go far

Meh, he's a grown man, it's his team mate.

It's funny but for many years I hear after a loss that our players are too nice and don't have a pop at each other, when they do it's seen as some negative.

Meh, he's a grown man, it's his team mate.

It's funny but for many years I hear after a loss that our players are too nice and don't have a pop at each other, when they do it's seen as some negative.
Him shouting at Foyth in the first half when he was the one that give the foul away isn't healthy for morale. Why is Foyth being made the scapegoat for other players' blunders? I completely understand the whole thing about having thick skin but viciously blaming another mate (conveniently the most junior player) for your mistakes can't be healthy.

Pretty unlucky really for that mistake to lead to a goal. They still had a lot to do and then there was a deflection on the shot.

He gave the ball away in a dangerous area in the first half too but apart from that no reason to suggest he wasn't ready for a game of this magnitude.

How precious! Stick to badminton or something dude..

Him shouting at Foyth in the first half when he was the one that give the foul away isn't healthy for morale. Why is Foyth being made the scapegoat for other players' blunders? I completely understand the whole thing about having thick skin but viciously blaming another mate (conveniently the most junior player) for your mistakes can't be healthy.
IMO he was almost certainly shouting at him for lack of communication, not telling him what’s on etc. Aurier was being doubled up on with no help from midfield, he needed some help, this doesn’t always have to mean a physical presence (I don’t think he made a mistake also, he was getting overwhelmed)

I'm going to assume they sort it out in the dressing room or the training ground.
Being shouted at is part of the learning curve, as long as it isn't constant and one guy doesn't get scapegoated.

One of our better players for me, just a little out of his depth with Jan next to him not his usual self either. Got a little flustered towards the end and made a couple of mistakes but that’s all it was.

Back
Top Bottom