Juan Foyth

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fair comment, but I think Foyth is far better than both Dier and Sanchez.

Therefore, surely we should be looking to get rid of our worst centre backs first?
I just think getting rid of Foyth for 15 million is ridiculous, considering the new manager hasn’t even had a chance to assess if he could make a player out of him or not.
He’s a project.

He could be better than Dier and Sanchez but right now he’s too weak.

Also he was effectively sold last season, not this season, when we loaned him with an option to buy.

Fair comment, but I think Foyth is far better than both Dier and Sanchez.

Therefore, surely we should be looking to get rid of our worst centre backs first?
I just think getting rid of Foyth for 15 million is ridiculous, considering the new manager hasn’t even had a chance to assess if he could make a player out of him or not.

Far better is a stretch, and the main point is that none of the 3 are good enough,

I think the idea that we need to get rid of certain players first is false, we need to get rid of all of the players that aren't good enough, moving Foyth now does nothing to stop us from moving Dier or Sanchez.

One of many players who had something about them but didn't quite work out at Spurs.

We've had some real stinkers in the transfer market but our inability to properly utilise/develop the talent we have is also shocking.

He completely dominated Bayern last season, and of course won the EL with Villareal soon after leaving us.

Wanted by Xavi at Barca

He's supposed to be "cowpat".

Xavi, you want el mejor lateral derecho?

May I interest you in...

eAoBoMP.jpg

He's supposed to be "cowpat".

Xavi, you want el mejor lateral derecho?

May I interest you in...

eAoBoMP.jpg
He was a baller, said it the day he arrived at Spurs and throughout his time with us, he was an incredibly young player, with tremendous upside. The problem was we were being managed by a fucking dinosaur.

Again, I don't agree in the slightest with the hate that Emerson gets, Tanganger, Doherty and Sess are all far, far worse players.

I hate being reminded of Foyth. As if we need one more ex player out there that’s a better RB than any of our players.

Walker, Trippier, KWP, Foyth and maybe even Aurier still.
At 46 years young, Mr Stephen Carr would do a better job than our current options

I hate being reminded of Foyth. As if we need one more ex player out there that’s a better RB than any of our players.

Walker, Trippier, KWP, Foyth and maybe even Aurier still.

He's still got a brain-fart in him so really we'd be no better off.

MILES better footballer than the clown that is Emerson.

I doubt he'd improve us overall......

The generic notion of being a "better footballer" is all well and good, but when you're just swapping a set of problems for a different set, the net gain doesn't stand to be significant.

Emerson, Doherty, Foyth... Even Serge (who at his best I was a fan of).... It's just a general puddle of 'not good enough'.

The rest of the list:

Walker: Obv. a loss; but there was no keeping hold at that point.
Trippier: A bad judgement by Poch...... Hope one day KT reveals what the rift was.
KWP: A waste. Could have saved ourselves 50m-odd of trf fees and stuck with him, but we'd still be hunting for that true #1 to replace Walker.

I doubt he'd improve us overall......

The generic notion of being a "better footballer" is all well and good, but when you're just swapping a set of problems for a different set, the net gain doesn't stand to be significant.

Emerson, Doherty, Foyth... Even Serge (who at his best I was a fan of).... It's just a general puddle of 'not good enough'.

The rest of the list:

Walker: Obv. a loss; but there was no keeping hold at that point.
Trippier: A bad judgement by Poch...... Hope one day KT reveals what the rift was.
KWP: A waste. Could have saved ourselves 50m-odd of trf fees and stuck with him, but we'd still be hunting for that true #1 to replace Walker.

He'd 100% improve us imo, better in every department than Emerson.

And we should've been all over trying to resign Trippier from Atletico. Golden opportunity.

This notion that we've somehow fucked away some kind of latent uber talent in Foyth is bonkers.

He isn't trusted enough to play as a CB for Villarreal and creates and contributes even less than Emerson as a RB.

This club has fucked plenty of stuff in the transfer market last few years, but letting this bumbler go for a few mil wasn't one of them.

Back
Top Bottom