Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

he was playing left wing in a team that play hoofball. No chance at that bloody place. must be somewhere better to loan him. he really could make it with the right treatment training etc

Nice header. I get that Villa haven't got many quality players but having a look through there forum it dosen't sound like he played that great really. Who know he could turn out amazing but I think it's unlikely we will ever seem him playing for our first 11

Yeah, I think he'll be off in the summer.

Especially after reading Poch's book and how close he was to leaving at the beginning of last season. Then according to Windy, Poch wasn't happy with Onomah's attitude following the youth World Cup win this summer. The whole situation with him going out on loan (when Poch doesn't tend to send players out on loan) etc. the fact he hasn't actually improved or built upon his first appearance for us, can't nail down an actual position in the team.

He's obviously still young and has certain attributes which are appealing - but his best position is central midfield. He isn't better than Winks. He isn't better than Dier. He isn't better than a half fit Dembele. He isn't better than Wanyama. He isn't even better than Sissoko. We have highly rated players like Oakley-Boothe and Skipp who Pochettino rate highly too.

bad news. Would have preferred him going to a proper footablling team, or bring him back and get him some game time. He's a WC winner, if we play him in his correct position he could really be the dogs nuts. Replay v Newport, and hopefully the 5th round too for starters.

Poch may turn out to be the best manager we've ever had, but ti doesn't mean that he couldn't be better with the yoof.

bad news. Would have preferred him going to a proper footablling team, or bring him back and get him some game time. He's a WC winner, if we play him in his correct position he could really be the dogs nuts. Replay v Newport, and hopefully the 5th round too for starters.

Poch may turn out to be the best manager we've ever had, but ti doesn't mean that he couldn't be better with the yoof.
Really difficult one. Have to read between the lines on all the academy comments not just those associated to Onomah but I welcomed Poch's recent comments about getting the lads tougher, most of those earmarked for possibly breaking into the side all have the raw skill set to succeed as pros and could make great careers, the next step, the biggest step is on the mental side, do they want it, are they hungry, are they prepared to work even harder to improve. To make it as an elite footballer there is a dedication required, this has to be at levels of obsession. Think this is what he is searching for, it's what Kane is famed for.

As for me I think he should be played instead of Sissoko. That said given the level of abuse Sisoko has received maybe he's best off out of the club trying to get his mentality right elsewhere. Spurs fans would destroy him and we will lose a talented young man.

Really difficult one. Have to read between the lines on all the academy comments not just those associated to Onomah but I welcomed Poch's recent comments about getting the lads tougher, most of those earmarked for possibly breaking into the side all have the raw skill set to succeed as pros and could make great careers, the next step, the biggest step is on the mental side, do they want it, are they hungry, are they prepared to work even harder to improve. To make it as an elite footballer there is a dedication required, this has to be at levels of obsession. Think this is what he is searching for, it's what Kane is famed for.

As for me I think he should be played instead of Sissoko. That said given the level of abuse Sisoko has received maybe he's best off out of the club trying to get his mentality right elsewhere. Spurs fans would destroy him and we will lose a talented young man.
Yes, as a fan base we have developed a worrying propensity for having a go at our own players. Harry Winks got it earlier this season, Harry Winks! FFS!

He started off (the season) poorly, then greatly improved but then had some terrible matches and a complete mare the last time he started. he's now exiled from the starting XI, could have done a CCV and reloaned him elsewhere.

He started off (the season) poorly, then greatly improved but then had some terrible matches and a complete mare the last time he started. he's now exiled from the starting XI, could have done a CCV and reloaned him elsewhere.

Won't play for us again but needs to be playing to increase his value. If we can sell him and CCV for a combined total of 10 million with sell on clauses that'll be great business. We won't get the kind of money we did for Pritchard because he was a standout player in the Championship, neither Onomah or CCV has been though.

This onomah Situation is a weird one

Every time he's played out of position he's pony ..... everytime he's played in the middle of the park ....he's good

But he never gets played there. ?!?

Kinda bizarre

Back
Top Bottom