Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Google is your friend

Quite the stunner

Something quite 'Rosey v Arseanal' about that goal... with the extra touch mind, which I can't work out if it makes it an even better goal or not...?
Rose 'just' wellied it... Onomah's looked like he knew exactly what he was doing!
:roseunsure:

Something quite 'Rosey v Arseanal' about that goal... with the extra touch mind, which I can't work out if it makes it an even better goal or not...?
Rose 'just' wellied it... Onomah's looked like he knew exactly what he was doing!
:roseunsure:
Save for the fact that we know Onomah is complete shite. This goal was Freddie Kanoute-esque, and I don't even think Onomah will realise Kanoute's dubious level.

Check out this individual highlight vid of Josh's performance against Scotland...:

Damn! Onomah is on fire right now!
A wonder goal and a delicious defence-splitting assist? He is dominating at his level and looks ready for the next step up.
Judging by his recent performances, he definitely has a future in our midfield.
Can you imagine if we were able to run a midfield trio of Dier, Winks and Onomah someday?
I'd melt- in a good way :S :llorishowudoin:

He's lost his place in the Villa team and they've been winning without him. Plus his performances when coming on haven't gone down too well with the Villa fans. So it's all going a bit Oduwaish for Josh. I think he'll have a good career in football though, hopefully at PL level but i don't think it will be with us. He's missing that something extra in terms of mentality that Kane, Dele and Winks have.

He's lost his place in the Villa team and they've been winning without him. Plus his performances when coming on haven't gone down too well with the Villa fans. So it's all going a bit Oduwaish for Josh. I think he'll have a good career in football though, hopefully at PL level but i don't think it will be with us. He's missing that something extra in terms of mentality that Kane, Dele and Winks have.

Come on.... tell us the reason you're not a top manager in the prem?

Really really good today apparently. Bruce said afterwards that Villa are going to try and break the bank to sign him on a permanent deal.

I saw Windy say something about pre-season and Onomah recently and how Pochettino was pissed off with him due to his arrogance following the World Cup win or something like that? Hope it wasn't true.

Really really good today apparently. Bruce said afterwards that Villa are going to try and break the bank to sign him on a permanent deal.

I saw Windy say something about pre-season and Onomah recently and how Pochettino was pissed off with him due to his arrogance following the World Cup win or something like that? Hope it wasn't true.
I hope he comes back and settles as Dembele's replacement. Looking a very bright future!

we need to keep him at villa till the end of the season, then review if we poch thinks he can make it with us
he's getting a seasons worth of playing with men, something he would not get here, hopefully that turns him into the player the club thought he would be

Whether he's good enough to make it here or not only time will tell but even if he isn't his value is increasing so it'll go down as a success for the club academy, just as the likes of Mason, Townsend, Pritchard and Bentaleb were. That's 50 million quid right there, plucked out of thin air, which paid for the likes of Sanchez. The purpose of the academy isn't just to produce players for the first team but also to produce players that we can sell for good money and buy even better players with.

It might be that he doesn't come back because he feels we're overstocked on midfielders.

I hope he does, but if he chooses to go to Villa so that he can get playing time, I'd respect that

No way we sell Onomah now. He's coming into his own.

As we learn more and more every season, you can't rely on Dembele. This loan could be the best thing that's happened to Josh.

Back
Top Bottom