Joshua Onomah

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can anyone with a decent insight or knowledge of our youth products give a brief description of this guy please? Is he going to be our next big thing from the academy? Heard big things but not seen him
From what I've read. He's compared to Pogba because he's tall, plays central and quite skillful. No idea how he is defensively though.
He must be quite good because he is 17 and regularly plays for the U21s (and been on bench 3 times for seniors). We have some good youths so it says a lot about him that he's on the bench.

Humble & respectful lad- for now. Can't ask for more. Seems like our yoofs are a pretty good bunch. I so hope that our academy lads are the next Beckham & co...but with a bit more. These are exciting times lads. Loads of quality, the right manager, & a few quid to spend if we need to- hopefully:levystare:
Is it bad that I really want to know if they're a Spurs fans or not?

It doesn't stop us supporting any of these youth players but... you know.

From what I've read. He's compared to Pogba because he's tall, plays central and quite skillful. No idea how he is defensively though.
He must be quite good because he is 17 and regularly plays for the U21s (and been on bench 3 times for seniors). We have some good youths so it says a lot about him that he's on the bench.
absolutely right. He's got everything going for him. Keep the good attitude & he will go far.

Is it bad that I really want to know if they're a Spurs fans or not?

It doesn't stop us supporting any of these youth players but... you know.
I couldn't give two fucks (on a good day) who a player supported as a kid. We all make mistakes. If he went every week as a kid-I blame the parents. He seemed totally enraptured by the opportunity Poch gave him. he won't ever forget the club that built him.

I couldn't give two fucks (on a good day) who a player supported as a kid. We all make mistakes. If he went to the library every week as a kid-I blame the parents.
Heh. You make a good point.

Regardless of that, any academy player is going to have a damn sight more loyalty to this club than a flashy foreign signing would. For Onomah, I'd be amazed if the support he's had from the Spurs faithful hasn't made him love the club by now!

Heh. You make a good point.

Regardless of that, any academy player is going to have a damn sight more loyalty to this club than a flashy foreign signing would. For Onomah, I'd be amazed if the support he's had from the Spurs faithful hasn't made him love the club by now!
Totally right. he is one of ours (unless he turns out shit- in which case he's one of theirs)

The kid is not even 18 yet, good for him getting a debut but he is still ages from breaking into the team. I think it was more of a show of confidence by the club for a young prospect before a loan spell

The kid is not even 18 yet, good for him getting a debut but he is still ages from breaking into the team. I think it was more of a show of confidence by the club for a young prospect before a loan spell
He may well be good enough within the year if reports are to be believed plus it's not unheard of players to break in at 17/18, just look at Rooney and Sterling. I wouldn't rule him out for getting a few games this year just yet.

The best thing about it, is that he isn't just another academy graduate coming through and knocking on the senior door. He's SEVENTEEN year old! The amount he can improve is scary.

We think of Harry Kane as a youngster who has come through and made an impact. He is 4 years older than Onomah. At 17, Kane was nowhere near the first team and on loan at a team mid-table in League 1.

Another youngster who has broken through this season, Ryan Mason, is 6 years old than him!!

At 17, Bentaleb was nowhere near the first team of a club in France's 3rd division and had just been turned away after a trial at Birmingham City.

The sky is the limit for the kid. So exciting.

Sky is certainly not the limit for Onomah. He'll be a star. A shame those of us who didn't go to the game didn't get to witness his debut.

Hope he makes an appearance against Sheffield United.

Back
Top Bottom