Jonas on free transfer?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you take Jonas on free transfer?

• Total voters
Chelsea = Costa, Drogba, Remy
Citeh = Aguero, Dzeko, Jovetic
Woolwich = Giroud, Sanogo, Welbeck
Everton = Lukaku, Etoo, Naismith
It's only Liverpool who have more and I think that's due to Borini being difficult to offload on 90 grand a week. Think three options for one position is plenty.

Chelsea have Andre Schurle
Scum have options of Walnut, Sanchez, Podolski, Joel Campbell. And Gnabry.
Everton have Mirallas and Aruna Kone..

I'd take another striker as cover if his wages aren't crazy & we were allowed under the HG rule. We should have cover/competition if we are trying to compete on 4 fronts this year. Just wish we weren't back, scraping the bargain bucket.

Last edited:
I'd like to see us at least try for it.. It's as if we've accepted that were not good enough anymore, despite finishing 4th twice recently..

The two teams we had that finished fourth have been decimated. :harrysmile:

Seriously mate it would be a minor miracle us finishing 4th this season, we'll without doubt have a go but three of the top 4 is sown up already if not all of it. It would've been real nice to get a top top triffic quality attacking player in who could play on his own or in the 3 like Saha but it wasn't to be

:levywtf:

2 seasons ago we were way better than Liverpool and very close to Woolwich..
They have both kicked on whilst we are going backwards.

Our 3 striker strike force will be our downfall at the end of the season. Even Everton have more.

As the other thread points out we have 7 games in 23 days.. An injury to one of our front men and we are in trouble this early.. With Ade on ACON duty, if Bobby gets injured, then we will be left with Kane, and as much potential he may or may not have, that is just plain stupid.
One good frontman could have made all the difference, and put an end to the Sunday defeats after a Thursday Europa game.

2 seasons ago we were way better than Liverpool and very close to Woolwich..
They have both kicked on whilst we are going backwards.

Our 3 striker strike force will be our downfall at the end of the season. Even Everton have more.

As the other thread points out we have 7 games in 23 days.. An injury to one of our front men and we are in trouble this early.. With Ade on ACON duty, if Bobby gets injured, then we will be left with Kane, and as much potential he may or may not have, that is just plain stupid.
One good frontman could have made all the difference, and put an end to the Sunday defeats after a Thursday Europa game.

we should probably walk to our games to incase we get in a car crash and everyone dies :ap:

the acon is in january i'm sure we can address it then if it's an issue

all the other big teams have more continuity than us, we slag players and managers off at the drop of a hat and then fuck them out the door broken

you wanna get back to the top 4 then back Tino for afew seasons and let him build a squad

Im a firm advocate of 442 (in certain games) and even I dont understand peoples sudden desperation for another top striker. Yes, all new signings are welcome of course, but that ship has sailed for me.

I think its pretty clear in this day and age that you cant keep four top strikers and only play one.

Even Kane will start to look elsewhere one day should he not cement first choice.

It fairly obvious to me with Poch playing a front three of Chadli, Eriksen and Lamela behind a lone striker that he is going to work on goals from midfield.

If those three can score 6-8 each it will be a huge improvement in our midfield goal tally.

I think its better to deal with injuries if and when they come...we have a squad.

I'll back him the same as I have done every manager since Keith Burkinshaw, including Gross,
But that doesn't stop me having ambitions for my club or doesn't mean I'm happy when I THINK the wrong decisions have been made.
I really hate to use them cunts as an example but Woolwich have had CL football for 17 straight seasons or however many it is now, and they also don't let European football affect their prem games after a European match.. That's because they have a better balanced squad, you don't see them with two decentish strikers and one apprentice... they always have good cover in ALL positions, we have good cover in most positions but up top we are very light.
And before anyone says, go off and support them then.. No fuck off I won't..

they've had Wenger in there for fuckin ages and he's one of the best in the business, they've got a far bigger stadium and pay far better wages

the only constant we have is Levy and he's quick to fire everyone and start from scratch with a whole new system and frequently sells our best players at the end of the window leaving 'insert manager' fucked

you're wanting stuff that a man of your age should blatantly know Levy aint going to deliver on

we'll get a new first team striker when we shift Ade or Soldado or sell Townsend for 100 million. :townhmm:

Any striker we add turns to shit anyways so what's the point :adegrin2:

In all seriousness though, I really liked Jonas when I watched him play at Valencia. A solid all around player. I don't think if he would fit in the prem though. I don't think we need another striker anyways.

I'll back him the same as I have done every manager since Keith Burkinshaw, including Gross,
But that doesn't stop me having ambitions for my club or doesn't mean I'm happy when I THINK the wrong decisions have been made.
I really hate to use them cunts as an example but Woolwich have had CL football for 17 straight seasons or however many it is now, and they also don't let European football affect their prem games after a European match.. That's because they have a better balanced squad, you don't see them with two decentish strikers and one apprentice... they always have good cover in ALL positions, we have good cover in most positions but up top we are very light.
And before anyone says, go off and support them then.. No fuck off I won't..

Woolwich have won one trophy in 8 years and are notorious for long term injuries to key players. I'd say they've not done a great job of juggling league and Europe for a club of their size and resources.

Anyway it's about the quality of players not quantity. One more average striker isn't going to help us finish top 4.

Back
Top Bottom